9% ue

Avorysuds

Gold Member
Jul 4, 2010
Eugene Oregon
So I noticed the unemployment rate jumped back up to 9% and so far we have seen nothing on the boards about it.

This reminds me of what I have read about under FDR, things "get better" then fall back regardless of the amount of money spent. What really gets me is we all know (and I don't care who you are, R/D/I) that the UE rate we see is coddled and shined in any way possible to make it "better" than what it really is... So despite that undeniable fact it still managed to go backwards from what some on these boards were claiming a flat brilliant turnaround.

If anything the EU rate could be nearing 20%, we would never know because every gimmick is done to make the numbers seem better than they really are.

I don’t want things to be bad or get worse… I just believe with Bushbama style “Big Government” policies that the recovery, while possible, will be fighting every inch of the way. It’s also very possible that the Government’s *good will* and desire to buy votes – I mean, help people, will stifle any possible recover enough to where we split into a depression.

U.S. Economy Adds 244K Jobs, Unemployment Ticks Back To 9% - Steve Schaefer - Exile On Wall Street - Forbes

What are the root problems here?

I think overpopulation (unsustainable - you can't keep growing and growing for more and more people as resources get further and further thinned out) as well as financial deregulation (short term burst leads to bubbles and then pops). I mean, I guess I don't see how a human population can keep growing physically and economically ad infinitum in a limited space. Doesn't this downturn make some sort of cold analytical sense at some level, as a cost of the booms that we had?

What am I missing?

So I noticed the unemployment rate jumped back up to 9% and so far we have seen nothing on the boards about it.

Perhaps everyone just knows tracking the UE rate monthly is pointless and a poor indicator of economic health.

This reminds me of what I have read about under FDR, things "get better" then fall back regardless of the amount of money spent. What really gets me is we all know (and I don't care who you are, R/D/I) that the UE rate we see is coddled and shined in any way possible to make it "better" than what it really is... So despite that undeniable fact it still managed to go backwards from what some on these boards were claiming a flat brilliant turnaround.

If anything the EU rate could be nearing 20%, we would never know because every gimmick is done to make the numbers seem better than they really are.

I don’t want things to be bad or get worse… I just believe with Bushbama style “Big Government” policies that the recovery, while possible, will be fighting every inch of the way. It’s also very possible that the Government’s *good will* and desire to buy votes – I mean, help people, will stifle any possible recover enough to where we split into a depression.
Nah.

The seriously ill patient in the ICU is still an apropos metaphor – GWB and Obama kept the economy out of the bottomless pit, but that’s it. Like the patient in the ICU, the economy will recover in its own way, at its own pace, in its own time, regardless of outside influence.

Perhaps everyone just knows tracking the UE rate monthly is pointless and a poor indicator of economic health.

Nah.

The seriously ill patient in the ICU is still an apropos metaphor – GWB and Obama kept the economy out of the bottomless pit, but that’s it. Like the patient in the ICU, the economy will recover in its own way, at its own pace, in its own time, regardless of outside influence.

So the goal post has changed from getting us out of a recession, to stopping the horrible recession from getting worse, to saving us from a Depression, to saving us from a bottomless pit? Oh and saving us from free markets and capitalism, because those things have never worked…

Jumped? Was it at 6% or something and jumped 3%?
or was it at like 8.7 or 8.9 and you are just trying to be shocking?

Ahh, so when it comes down .2% 8 threads needs to be made as undeniable proof that things are in fact getting better but when that trend reverses is me making a bigger deal of it than it is...

Like I said, if that number is going backwards you can bet it's much worse than it really is. Reality is that most people(or close to most) unemployed are simply not counted anymore.

U.S. Economy Adds 244K Jobs, Unemployment Ticks Back To 9% - Steve Schaefer - Exile On Wall Street - Forbes
two days ago the latest report on new unemployment claims was released. Nearly 500,000 new claims. The DJIA, NAZ and S&P 500 all lost significant ground. Today the US DoL releases a report that American business ADDED 200,000 jobs....yet, unemployment increases for the first time in a few months

Nice try by the Obama admin to plant a story as a means to offset bad news.
Anyone who thinks that story didn't come from the White House is living in denial.

two days ago the latest report on new unemployment claims was released. Nearly 500,000 new claims. The DJIA, NAZ and S&P 500 all lost significant ground. Today the US DoL releases a report that American business ADDED 200,000 jobs....yet, unemployment increases for the first time in a few months

Anyone who thinks that story didn't come from the White House is living in denial.

Yes I do find it amazing that some want to push 200,000k jobs created in a month and UE going down as a good thing when we still lost 1.5 million jobs in that same month... It's a bunch of tricks and BS, it bugs me that people on these boards pretend or maybe just hope people are to stupid or uninformed as to what the whole story is.

Last edited:
Then why won't anyone answer my questions?

What are the root causes here? What we had was unsustainable, surely an economic disaster was inevitable.

i certainly thought so anyway, and also did not see how my house could triple in value in five years, I mean WTF?

Then why won't anyone answer my questions?

What are the root causes here? What we had was unsustainable, surely an economic disaster was inevitable.

i certainly thought so anyway, and also did not see how my house could triple in value in five years, I mean WTF?

I would say the root cause it too much Government interference. I do believe many if not most politicians regardless of party made money of the bubbles they would help create. In the case of the housing bust many politicians stood to lose millions and so in reality, they bailed themselves out too.

Yes I do find it amazing that some want to push 200,000k jobs created in a month and UE going down as a good thing when we still lost 1.5 million jobs in that same month... It's a bunch of tricks and BS, it bugs me that people on these boards pretend or maybe just hope people are to stupid or uninformed as to what the whole story is.

You don't understand the difference between gross and net, do you? If you did, you wouldn't be making the false claim that we lost 1.5 million jobs. That would only be true if A. uninsurance benefits were the only source of unemployment and B. nobody at all was hired.

You don't understand the difference between gross and net, do you? If you did, you wouldn't be making the false claim that we lost 1.5 million jobs. That would only be true if A. uninsurance benefits were the only source of unemployment and B. nobody at all was hired.

Right...

So when everytime I see someone post 200,000k jobs created this month! I can count on you saying "1.3 millions jobs net loss this month!" if you see them, yes?

I get the difference, but I'm still correct that 1.5 million were lost and 200,000 were created meaning we have a net loss of 1.3 millions jobs that month. This of course depends on the month and what the numbers are.

Jumped? Was it at 6% or something and jumped 3%?
or was it at like 8.7 or 8.9 and you are just trying to be shocking?

Ahh, so when it comes down .2% 8 threads needs to be made as undeniable proof that things are in fact getting better but when that trend reverses is me making a bigger deal of it than it is...

Like I said, if that number is going backwards you can bet it's much worse than it really is. Reality is that most people(or close to most) unemployed are simply not counted anymore.

The payroll number was good. The headline UE that real economists don't pay much attention to was up because unemployed people who were not looking for jobs started looking again.

Obama is to big to fail.
It's Da Booosh fault.
The GOP are a bunch of meanies, they want your granny dead, ya know.

I would fall to my knees and confess to all around me that there is a god, if big 0 would just say he wasted that money and we are going to try something else.

I'll take; I was wrong, sorry.

Pay no attention to the economy. We killed Osama bin Laden!!!!

i thought giving the "job creators" tax cuts for the past ten years should have created jobs.

how's that trickle down voodoo economics working for us?

It was working. The economy didn't collapse until a bit after the Democrats took the House and Senate in 2006. Before that the economy was booming. Dems took over, and 1.5 years later it tanked.

Now, we're seeing some slight recovery this year. Right after the GOP took the House back. Funny correlation, huh? The mid-late 90's boom? GOP House and Senate. Mid 00's boom? GOP House and Senate. 08 collapse? Dem House and Senate. See the correlation?

You Know Who- You're basically a big d-bag. Your posts aren't funny, creative, or interesting. You should hang yourself.

Forum List

Back