9 million more Uninsured under Obama than Bush...

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
The number I recall being kicked around under George W. Bush was 44 million now it's 53 million uninsured under the Obama regime........am I shocked... well, not really...:dunno:

---------plus.... it costs a hell of a lot more.....:wtf:

(CNSNews.com) -- A new Congressional Budget Office (CBO) report says that under the Affordable Care Act, a.k.a. Obamacare, 30 million non-elderly Americans will remain without health insurance in 2022.

One of the main arguments the Obama administration made for passing the Affordable Care Act was that it would provide coverage for the uninsured.

Currently, accoriding to CBO, there are 53 million uninsured persons in the United States, including uninsured illegal aliens. The CBO estimates that in 2022--8 years after the Affordable Care Act has been fully implemented--30 million people will remain uninsured.

Democrat response....:arrow:.....:lalala:..

CBO: Obamacare Will Leave 30 Million Uninsured | cnsnews.com

The number I recall being kicked around under George W. Bush was 44 million now it's 53 million uninsured under the Obama regime........am I shocked... well, not really...:dunno:

(CNSNews.com) -- A new Congressional Budget Office (CBO) report says that under the Affordable Care Act, a.k.a. Obamacare, 30 million non-elderly Americans will remain without health insurance in 2022.

One of the main arguments the Obama administration made for passing the Affordable Care Act was that it would provide coverage for the uninsured.

Currently, accoriding to CBO, there are 53 million uninsured persons in the United States, including uninsured illegal aliens. The CBO estimates that in 2022--8 years after the Affordable Care Act has been fully implemented--30 million people will remain uninsured.

aside from the fact that if you post it, i'm fairly sure it's an obama-deranged lie; the same plan in massachusetts has left most residents insured.

but you can continue to lie if you'd like.

aside from the fact that if you post it, i'm fairly sure it's an obama-deranged lie; the same plan in massachusetts has left most residents insured.

CAN YOU READ..?.....:lol:

Besides.. it's more of a, "Grin And Bare it" sorta scenario with Obama as you well know...

Last edited:
Open enrollment in the new and improved markets begins October 1, 2013. Check back after that.

It's always.. well, maybe later with Democrats....:lol:

No "maybe later" about it. A lot of folks in a lot of states have been doing yeoman's work getting ready to open consumer-friendly marketplaces for tens of millions of new consumers next year. And by this time next year, those markets will be ready to open and that work will have paid off big time. Particularly for the folks you're feigning concern for in the OP.

Open enrollment in the new and improved markets begins October 1, 2013. Check back after that.

It's always.. well, maybe later with Democrats....:lol:

No "maybe later" about it. A lot of folks in a lot of states have been doing yeoman's work getting ready to open consumer-friendly marketplaces for tens of millions of new consumers next year. And by this time next year, those markets will be ready to open and that work will have paid off big time. Particularly for the folks you're feigning concern for in the OP.

So what do the 53 million uninsured and growing do until then buckaroo... ?

Mind you... this is almost 4 years later already...:eusa_whistle:

If they have a serious condition, they find one of ObamaCare's Pre-existing Condition Insurance Plans.

It's been two and a half years. And states and feds alike are racing to make sure they're ready to go live in a year. You don't reform insurance markets overnight but we're almost there.

Unless you prefer to smash the progress that's been made, pull the rug out from underneath these markets, and say "too bad" to these 50+ million people (and rising) forever?

If they have a serious condition, they find one of ObamaCare's Pre-existing Condition Insurance Plans.

It's been two and a half years. And states and feds alike are racing to make sure they're ready to go live in a year. You don't reform insurance markets overnight but we're almost there.

Unless you prefer to smash the progress that's been made, pull the rug out from underneath these markets, and say "too bad" to these 50+ million people (and rising) forever?

Have you noticed the reduction in insurance rates promised by Obama/Democrats yet..?

..and how about those waivers from Obamacare, those are enlightening, wouldn't you say?

Have you noticed the reduction in insurance rates promised by Obama/Democrats yet..?

Have I noticed the thing they promised would happen in 2014 yet? Well, no, I reckon not.

The coverage gains thus far have been through the smaller, more immediate reforms: the very sick enrolling in PCIPs and young people being allowed to stay on or rejoin family plans.

The real coverage expansions have always been scheduled for January 1, 2014 (though, as I mentioned, folks can start shopping for plans on October 1, 2013).

..and how about those waivers from Obamacare, those are enlightening, wouldn't you say?

There are no "waivers from Obamacare." Some employers are allowed to avoid phasing out annual benefit limits until 2014, and certain states are taking a slower approach to meeting medical loss ratio requirements in their markets. Nobody's gotten out of anything.

" A new Congressional Budget Office (CBO) report says that under the Affordable Care Act, a.k.a. Obamacare, 30 million non-elderly Americans will remain without health insurance in 2022."

2022 is after 2013, no?

Have I noticed the thing they promised would happen in 2014 yet? Well, no, I reckon not.

The coverage gains thus far have been through the smaller, more immediate reforms: the very sick enrolling in PCIPs and young people being allowed to stay on or rejoin family plans.

The real coverage expansions have always been scheduled for January 1, 2014 (though, as I mentioned, folks can start shopping for plans on October 1, 2013).

There are no "waivers from Obamacare." Some employers are allowed to avoid phasing out annual benefit limits until 2014, and certain states are taking a slower approach to meeting medical loss ratio requirements in their markets. Nobody's gotten out of anything.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15E7goj7Fmo]Obama Says His Healthcare Plan Will Save Families $2,500 - YouTube[/ame]

" A new Congressional Budget Office (CBO) report says that under the Affordable Care Act, a.k.a. Obamacare, 30 million non-elderly Americans will remain without health insurance in 2022."

2022 is after 2013, no?

Good point there CrusaderFrank...:D

American citizens can and will still go voluntarily uninsured. And illegal immigrants are forbidden from buying insurance in the new marketplaces. Thus there will still be uninsured people: some by choice, some because of their immigration status.

That should warm your little rightwing hearts.

Then there's the matter of the righting governors who're would-be future presidential candidates and the poor in their states. That's a more sordid tale.

So, since it will work in Massachusetts where many people are wealthy CEOs and there are relatively few living below the poverty line, it will obviously work nationwide in places like Louisiana and California. Just because it's a good state plan doesn't mean it's a good federal plan. The bottom line is that the more people get free healthcare, the higher the taxes will be for the middle and upper classes.

So, since it will work in Massachusetts where many people are wealthy CEOs and there are relatively few living below the poverty line, it will obviously work nationwide in places like Louisiana and California. Just because it's a good state plan doesn't mean it's a good federal plan. The bottom line is that the more people get free healthcare, the higher the taxes will be for the middle and upper classes.

Plus the fact that we're selfishly stealing our children's futures...

I noted this in another thread. My insurance rates have only increased 4% each of the last two years. Prior to that, I had seen double digit increases every year as far back as I can remember. Funny that Bill Clinton mentioned this and actually had the same numbers as me in his convention speech tonight.

I don't suppose this has anything to do with the fact that so many people have lost their jobs and insurance that went along with those jobs?

I don't suppose this has anything to do with the fact that so many people have lost their jobs and insurance that went along with those jobs?

Yup, I was thinking about that also... that's more than a doubley sucks..:(

Forum List

Back