9 Investigates: Welfare Drug Testing

And when the children go hungry, who really cares?

The children don't go any hungrier than they do now. The benefits that were earmarked for the children go to the next primary caregiver.

And they may go less hungry, considering the primary recipient doesn't have a drug habit to feed.

So far there is no rational nor logical objection to this program. Other than the guy who proposed it has an (R) next to his name.

Doesn't cost anything to grow weed. Smoking it does not mean you've paid for it.

I'm amazed "conservatives" support this kind of violation of personal freedoms.

Doesn't Governor Skeletor's wife now own a company that does drug testing? How convenient.

Looks like the gov isn't interested in saving the taxpayers as much as he's interested in increasing his personal coffers...allegedly. ;)

I grow weary of telling you ass-hats that Scott's company is blocked from bidding on the services

These statutes are a joke. None of them test for prescription drugs and HIPPA laws do not allow any government entity to ask if the person has a prescription or not.
These folks could be on oxycontin, codeine, ambien and a dozen other prescription pills illegally and there is nothing they can do to stop them, test them for it or deny them benefits because of it.
Today 4 out of every 5 overdoses seen in ER are from PRESCRIPTION DOPE.
Another feel good moronic law that will do nothing.
And the dumb ass masses eat it up as they always do.

Strange.....

In a post-accident urinalysis I was given, it came back positive for opiates and I had to show my prescription for Vicodin.

Sitting on the bench with Radio waiting for a logical objection
:eusa_whistle:

He transferred ownership of a company, that does drug testing, to his wife to avoid a conflict of interest (although I'm really not sure how THAT works...still seems conflicty to me). I cannot find anywhere that said that he exempted his company...er, I mean his wife's company, from being able to perform these drug tests.

While, apparently, his actions in Florida are legal, aren't you at all concerned with the ethics?

Does his former company do the drug testing under this new law. That's the question that needs to be answered. I haven't seen anything that shows that they do.

(psst, it's still his company ;) ) Yes, it does...because I certainly can't find anywhere it says his company has been exempt from performing these tests. It's not in the bill...

An act relating to drug screening of potential and 3 existing beneficiaries of...

Strange....

All I had to do is type "Scott company blocked from bidding on drug testing" in to Google.
Very first result was:
Brown says drug-testing welfare recipients ‘unconstitutional’ and ‘a waste of taxpayers’ funds’ | Florida Independent
Scott transferred his ownership interest in Solantic to a trust in his wife’s name, and has said that the company would not contract for state business.

Really strange that it was right above your Palm Beach Post article

The children don't go any hungrier than they do now. The benefits that were earmarked for the children go to the next primary caregiver.

And they may go less hungry, considering the primary recipient doesn't have a drug habit to feed.

So far there is no rational nor logical objection to this program. Other than the guy who proposed it has an (R) next to his name.

Doesn't cost anything to grow weed. Smoking it does not mean you've paid for it.

I'm amazed "conservatives" support this kind of violation of personal freedoms.

Doesn't Governor Skeletor's wife now own a company that does drug testing? How convenient.

Looks like the gov isn't interested in saving the taxpayers as much as he's interested in increasing his personal coffers...allegedly. ;)

I grow weary of telling you ass-hats that Scott's company is blocked from bidding on the services

His company isn't blocked. It is simply not on the list of accepted providers of the drug test at this time. Qwest is, as is LabCorp and a few others.

But there is no law on the books stating that from this point forward Solantic will be barred from making money from these tests.

When the toad is no longer governor, he is free to profit as he pleases.

These statutes are a joke. None of them test for prescription drugs and HIPPA laws do not allow any government entity to ask if the person has a prescription or not.
These folks could be on oxycontin, codeine, ambien and a dozen other prescription pills illegally and there is nothing they can do to stop them, test them for it or deny them benefits because of it.
Today 4 out of every 5 overdoses seen in ER are from PRESCRIPTION DOPE.
Another feel good moronic law that will do nothing.
And the dumb ass masses eat it up as they always do.

Strange.....

In a post-accident urinalysis I was given, it came back positive for opiates and I had to show my prescription for Vicodin.

Sitting on the bench with Radio waiting for a logical objection
:eusa_whistle:

Apples and oranges and not the same test. Know your subject matter is key here.
Different test for potential criminal investigation of an accident on the highway.
Crime lab testing is different than civil testing.
Additionally, the over the counter masking kits to take orally before testing work for over 90% of what they test for.
Waste of time.

Does his former company do the drug testing under this new law. That's the question that needs to be answered. I haven't seen anything that shows that they do.

(psst, it's still his company ;) ) Yes, it does...because I certainly can't find anywhere it says his company has been exempt from performing these tests. It's not in the bill...

An act relating to drug screening of potential and 3 existing beneficiaries of...

Strange....

All I had to do is type "Scott company blocked from bidding on drug testing" in to Google.
Very first result was:
Brown says drug-testing welfare recipients ‘unconstitutional’ and ‘a waste of taxpayers’ funds’ | Florida Independent
Scott transferred his ownership interest in Solantic to a trust in his wife’s name, and has said that the company would not contract for state business.

Really strange that it was right above your Palm Beach Post article

"similar to drug testing for job applicants"
Yep, NOT the same as offender testing.
Easy to mask and hide.
EOS.

AFDC is Florida's cash assistance program
(Aid For Dependent Children)
Recipients get this cash because there is (a) no father listed on birth certificate or (b) said father is unable to pay child support because of incarceration.
These are not people that are known for making wise decisions.

And you guys are okay with using this money for drugs.

:clap2:

I am not a fan of "Big Daddy gubmint" or "the nanny state" however... These people have chosen to be dependent. If my grown ass children chose to move home, they'd still have rules if I was giving them free rent. First rule: No drugs.

Recipients get this cash because there is (a) no father listed on birth certificate or (b) said father is unable to pay child support because of incarceration.

:confused:

Your post made no sense. Are you trying to claim all unwed mothers are drug users?

I M with you Cap and agree.
However, drug testing is not a good way to stop it. Too many easy ways to get around it.

Your post made no sense. Are you trying to claim all unwed mothers are drug users?

Just don't think I should reward them for it if they do

I M with you Cap and agree.
However, drug testing is not a good way to stop it. Too many easy ways to get around it.

Fair enough
:cool:

Drug-testing is a multi-billion dollar industry and its overall benefit is highly overrated.

The only thing the urine test is able to detect is marijuana which could have been ingested weeks before. The test cannot detect alcoholism even if the subject is cockeyed drunk at the time of the test. Nor can it detect use by a nodding-out heroin junkie who just shot up or a methamphetamine freak who is about to have a violent seizure. But some unemployable social misfit or human wreck who found and smoked a one inch joint two weeks ago will have his meager livelihood cut off while the testing lab will be paid $250 for the service.

Just don't think I should reward them for it if they do

So you do think all unwed mothers are drug users. With no evidence.

That's pretty silly.

Forum List

Back