9/12 Hysteria and The Future of America's Freedom

I thought it was fair and truthful. I almost agree with the number of people that showed up. I think it may have been a bit more but pretty much in that area. I think that the people there may have been motivated by conservative radio but they made the decision to get up off their you know what and go do something about what's going on in Government. I think the media instead of laughing at them and making fun of them should go talk to them and see what's on their minds. A lot of these folks came from far and wide to show up for this and they should not be ridiculed.

I also think that a few used the opportunity for their own agenda but I remember seeing quite a few
signs at anti Bush rallies that were none too flattering. People are scared right now,and they need to
see jobs return plain and simple,if we can do that then we can move on to other things like Health Care
and Energy issues.

Thanks for the comments. I tried correcting some of the things you guys pointed out.

What sorts of things do they teach in school? Not reading, writing, and arithmetic.

What sorts of things do they teach in school? Not reading, writing, and arithmetic.

I'm sorry willow, but you're the last person that should me making such a snide comment considering you can barely string a simple sentence together. Not to mention make sense.

I'm sorry willow, but you're the last person that should me making such a snide comment considering you can barely string a simple sentence together. Not to mention make sense.

It's not my fault your comprehension skill are in the tank. Stay outta the kool aid.

I think it's important for our citizens to have freedom to contest issues with which they disagree. The 912 march was peaceful, without a single arrest. The helicopter pilots, who have years of experience of looking down at crowds, estimated the size of the crowd to be over a million. But belaboring that point is useless.

For the most part the signs were effective, save a few that went a little too far.

But would you like to see the difference in the behavior of this concerned, intelligent crowd and how things were just a few years back at protest marches? Look at this (scroll down past the text, and fasten your seatbelt).

A Short Walk Down Memory Hole Lane

Last edited:
Here is a little thing I wrote in response to Glenn Beck's recent 9/12 March on Capitol Hill. I would like to get your guys opinion on the article, and the 9/12 protesters in general.

All in all a fair draft. I would include some founding fathers quotes to illustrate how the current state of affairs require reseting the government back to constitutional constraints .
As well as so policies the 912 movment tries to promote.
912 is not Glenn Beck any more than Matt Drudge is the Drudge report .
912 is people .

I thought it was pretty good.

A few things

Canada has one ninth the population of the US, not a quarter.

There are always nutters in demonstrations. These people often feel marginalized and without a voice, so they come out in full force at marches. Take a look at your typical leftist march where virtually every single grievance on the left is aired - watch the anti-globalization marches in Pittsburgh this week for example.

I think it's important for our citizens to have freedom to contest issues with which they disagree. The 912 march was peaceful, without a single arrest. The helicopter pilots, who have years of experience of looking down at crowds, estimated the size of the crowd to be over a million. But belaboring that point is useless.

For the most part the signs were effective, save a few that went a little too far.

But would you like to see the difference in the behavior of this concerned, intelligent crowd and how things were just a few years back at protest marches? Look at this (scroll down past the text, and fasten your seatbelt).

How was this any different from 9/12?
Except that the anti-Bush signs were based on actions not hysteria.

really?

really?

No one was protesting GW months into his term.
After he and his administration invaded Iraq on cherry-picked info with zero effect on our national security, people began throwing around term like "war criminal" .
Ya see the difference there?

really?

No one was protesting GW months into his term.
After he and his administration invaded Iraq on cherry-picked info with zero effect on our national security, people began throwing around term like "war criminal" .
Ya see the difference there?
ah, you still dont know what the rally was about
thats clear

and there were people protesting Bush on his inauguration day
the FIRST one

Forum List

Back