9/12 Actual Crowd Size?

eagleseven

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Jul 8, 2009
OH
Pajamas Media » March on Washington: How Big Was the Crowd?

“How big is it?” is certainly one of the world’s most dreaded questions.

In fact, after the Million Man March in 1995, Congress restricted the National Park Service from even making estimates — a restriction that was maintained for 14 years and then quietly rescinded this January for the Obama inauguration.

I’m talking about crowds, of course. I can’t take you people anywhere.

There have been a lot of estimates, from the “official” one of 60 to 70 thousand, up to the rumored 2 million. Let’s see if we can make a plausible estimate with some rigor and some idea of possible error...(continued at link)

estimate.jpg

Confusion abounds regarding the crowd estimate for 9/12 protest, and the above article quite thoroughly combines all the current estimates. Read the article for the methodology.

If this protest indeed broke the 800,000 people who attended the Inauguration, this does mark an unexpected shift in American politics...the modern community organization of the center-right.

Unfortunately, this is rough speculation until the official park service count is in. Time will tell...

What the fuck are you smoking?

A.) Just because you take inflated numbers, doesn't mean you "average" it in. There weren't not 800,000 there on 9/12.

B.)
If this protest indeed broke the 800,000 people who attended the Inauguration, this does mark an unexpected shift in American politics...the modern community organization of the center-right.
- Again, are you smoking some heavy drugs? 1.8 million people attended the Inauguration, not 800,000. Which if you look at the pictures of Obama being sworn in and the tea party rally, you can tell it's not 800,000.

C.) The park service is REFUSING to say what the number was. HOWEVER, before you cry "It's a conspiracy! The Liberals! The Liberals!" The Park Service has not gotten a number since they were almost sued by the people behind the Million Man March by stating there were 400,000. The same shit would go on here.

D.) The Head of Freedom Works LIED to the crowd and said ABC NEWS reported there being 1.5 million people there. ABC NEVER said such a thing.

Seriously, put down the pipe, and come back to reality.

ROFL.

An average of completely unreliable information.

Excellent.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoPud1TeubM]YouTube - 1.5 to 2 million march on Washington D.C Tea Party protest rally September 12 2009[/ame]

i know its tough to tell but in that video it looks like well over 100,000 people had attended.

I have no clue how many were really there but this video looks like an easy 100,000.

The legacy media estimate of 60-70 thousand is ludicrous: we have pictures of twice that. Still, it’s been reported, so we’ll keep it.

And regarding the Obama Inauguration:

Just for comparison, we’ve got the Obama inauguration, which was originally estimated at 2 million and then revised down to about 850,000. Popular Science got GeoEye to take a satellite photo.

And for kicks...

Obama's Million Ghost March | NewsBusters.org

Yes, we were having this same fight last January, with reversed roles...

ROFL.

Excellent.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoPud1TeubM]YouTube - 1.5 to 2 million march on Washington D.C Tea Party protest rally September 12 2009[/ame]

i know its tough to tell but in that video it looks like well over 100,000 people had attended.

I have no clue how many were really there but this video looks like an easy 100,000.

100,000 sounds like a reasonable number, as the 60-70 Thousand number was taken in the middle of the day, it seems reasonable that another 30k or so showed up earlier and then left or later.

100k is an appreciable crowd. It's NOT 2 million, but it's a big number.

And what is this, like the 20th Thread on the same subject on the board? Isn't there a rule against that?

I find it alarming that on the 14th there aren't any Americans who can actually figure out how many ppl were there on the 12th.

Therefore, I have come to the conclusion that there were two many ppl for all the ppl in the world to count in two days. Approximately a gazillion.

Last edited:
ROFL.

Excellent.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoPud1TeubM"]YouTube - 1.5 to 2 million march on Washington D.C Tea Party protest rally September 12 2009[/ame]

100,000 sounds like a reasonable number, as the 60-70 Thousand number was taken in the middle of the day, it seems reasonable that another 30k or so showed up earlier and then left or later.

100k is an appreciable crowd. It's NOT 2 million, but it's a big number.

Who cares? The PEOPLE gave an ultimatum to Obama, and the Statists. They said NO. Simple, YES?

Forum List

Back