9-11; we need to let go so healing can take place.

LilOlLady

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2009
Reno, NV
9-11; WE NEED TO LET GO SO HEALING CAN TAKE PLACE.

Nothing is to be gained by keeping the wound open on any tragedy. Like 9-11, the holocaust, invasion, occupation and genocide of Native American and atrocities of slavery, tc. We are spending billions on a monument to honor those who were victims of 9-11 but that tragedy is not different from the many in the past. Being the biggest tragedy in American history depend on who you ask. Native American have let go and we have been asking Afro-American to let go but we keep that wound open also with discrimination and racism. Next we will have a 9-11 nation holiday. And what about monuments for other tragedies? Keeping 9-11 alive with a monument pay tribute those that caused it. Just like the monument of the bombs we dropped on Japan.

Part of healing is letting go and forgiving. We can pray for God to deal with the injustices, for God to judge the person's life, and then we can leave that prayer at the altar. We no longer have to carry the anger. Although it is normal for us to feel anger toward sin and injustice, it is not our job to judge the other person in their sin.

Who exactly is preventing healing from taking place and how are they doing so?

Bin Laden is gone. When the construction is complete 9-11 will take it's place in history as a tragic event.

Nothing is to be gained by keeping the wound open on any tragedy. Like 9-11, the holocaust, invasion, occupation and genocide of Native American and atrocities of slavery, tc. We are spending billions on a monument to honor those who were victims of 9-11 but that tragedy is not different from the many in the past. Being the biggest tragedy in American history depend on who you ask. Native American have let go and we have been asking Afro-American to let go but we keep that wound open also with discrimination and racism. Next we will have a 9-11 nation holiday. And what about monuments for other tragedies? Keeping 9-11 alive with a monument pay tribute those that caused it. Just like the monument of the bombs we dropped on Japan.

Part of healing is letting go and forgiving. We can pray for God to deal with the injustices, for God to judge the person's life, and then we can leave that prayer at the altar. We no longer have to carry the anger. Although it is normal for us to feel anger toward sin and injustice, it is not our job to judge the other person in their sin.

I disagree. As with the Holocaust, the 9/11 attacks were so egregious, that they shouldnever be "shelved". Even today, Nazi hunters are still actively engaged in bringing war criminals to justice over their atrocities during WWII. And rightly so, IMHO. I know not which American Indian tribes were interviewed, but I know some personally, and trust me, they have definitely not "let go".

If my numbers are correct we lost more people on 9/11 than we did at Pearl Harbour and we won't forget either of them.. It is OK to remember and reflect but it is not ok to go live there. We remember the holocost because the Jews keep it alive. We don't remember the 30,000 killed in Georgia by Stalin because it didn't happen here and the Russians keep it quite. American is not like that we do remember.

How can any American forget that day? How can any American forgive? Not until every last one of the enemy joins their leader in the eternal sleep will America begin to heal but forget?never!!

The only people keeping discrimination and racism alive are the left, take it up with them. As far as 9/11 goes, we will let it go when ALquada is done with, until then we will not.

The healing cannot even begin until we remove the venom from the world. So until we bomb everything from Lybia to Pakistan we're not even close to begin the healing process of the wounds Islam has caused us and the world.

healing comes when we choose to let it come. It doesn't matter what others say or do.

Yesterday my wife and I visited the National Civil Rights Musuem located at the Lorraine Motel in Memphis. Stood five feet away from where Martin Luther King was assassinated. Stood five feet away from the window in the boardinghouse where James Earl Ray fired the fatal shot.
We both cried.
Some things should never be forgotten!

Yesterday my wife and I visited the National Civil Rights Musuem located at the Lorraine Motel in Memphis. Stood five feet away from where Martin Luther King was assassinated. Stood five feet away from the window in the boardinghouse where James Earl Ray fired the fatal shot.
We both cried.
Some things should never be forgotten!

You don't have to forget things to be healed from them.

Forum List

Back