9/11 Tribute

I never will forget. I was just like yesterday to me. What a bad day.

But, on the upside, I am finding myself hard-pressed to keep from getting choked up at all the herosim of that day. Even the hardest cored cynics have to feel something at that.

A lot of new angel arrivals in Heaven that day wearing fire helmets and uniforms.

*sniff* Now I've gone and done it. Damn allegies.

Wear your red, white, and blue today.

Pentagon, WTCI, WTCII, Shanksville, PA.

I am an American. That's the way most of us put it, just matter of factly. They are plain words, those four. You could write them on your thumbnail, or you could sweep them clear across this bright autumn sky. But they are more than words. They are a way of life. So whenever you speak them, speak them firmly; speak them proudly; speak them gratefully. I am an American.

I lost a friend and a relative that day, in two different cities. What can I say? Their memories and our memories of that day are with us every day, not just on the 11th of September. May it make us stronger, wiser and more appreciative of the people in our lives all year long.

Let us also remember the strength and American spirit of those who aided in the rescue of this event.

Definitely, especially considering so how many of those first responders are now getting cancer and becoming victims themselves.

Eight years ago was a tragedy beyond epic proportions, but whether we have become a better country or a worse country because of that incident is still left to be judged. However, the bravery and courage showed that day by the first responders rushing towards a burning building, towards the ones rushing towards the front of the plane, etc is exemplary of the American spirit.

I could only wish we could honor their memories better on this 8th anniversary as well as they deserve.

Wouldn't it be nice if the American population could pull together everyday the same way that they united on 9/11 and the immediate days afterwards? I can think of no better way to pay homage to the people who lost their lives, the fallen heros, the heros that still live, the people who survived this tragic event and the loved ones of the souls lost on this day of rememberance then for us to put aside political differences and return to the America of our forefathers.

I live in nyc and was in lower manhattan during the attack, i had to run from the dust clouds from the crumbling building, i will never forget that day or the following days working in and around ground zero and seeing the make shift memorials outside of many residential buildings throughout the city for tenants who were killed in the attack.

It's only recently that I can get off the train at Fulton Street and not have that horrible feeling in my guts when I look up and there's blue sky instead of the WTC.

R.I.P. to the fallen heros

That day is the epitome of lessons in the fragility of life, the cowardice of terrorism, the courage of survivors and the strength of the American spirit. It will not be forgotten.

That day is the epitome of lessons in the fragility of life, the cowardice of terrorism, the courage of survivors and the strength of the American spirit. It will not be forgotten.
[Emphasis added] Here's some hard core honesty from me. Just as I have intense feelings about the heroism and the unity of the American spirt, it is such an effort for me to keep my hate for the Muslim freaks at bay. I really don't think I should be expected to forget the millions who partied that day. So, today will be un-PC and completely honest. Fuck Muslim hate. Fuck Muslim insecuries.

Long live honor and character.

Forum List

Back