9/11 should be a day of service

Once again you post the lie Libocaypse..

NEW YORK (CNN) -- President Obama spoke at the Pentagon on Friday to those who lost loved ones on September 11, 2001, telling them no words would heal their pain yet calling for a renewed resolve against the ones who attacked the country eight years ago.

President Obama addresses family members and friends who lost loved ones on September 11, 2001.

"No words can ease the ache of your hearts," Obama told a crowd of relatives and friends standing under umbrellas in a steady rain. The plane, American Airlines Flight 77, struck the Pentagon's west wall.

Earlier in the day, the president and first lady Michelle Obama held a moment of silence outside the White House to mark the eighth anniversary of the al Qaeda attacks that killed 2,752 people.

At the Pentagon, Obama was introduced by Defense Secretary Robert Gates, who spoke of the "great pinnacle of sacrifice" shown that day.

"Eight Septembers have come and gone," Obama said. "Nearly 3,000 days have passed, almost one for each one who has been taken from us.

"We recall the beauty and meaning of their lives," he said. "No passage of time, no dark skies can dull the meaning of that moment.
"Let us renew our resolve against those who perpetrated this violent act," Obama said

OK:

1. This was just being discussed in another thread, and you chose to start another one, why?
This isn't the MSNBC Message boards anymore, these threads are moderated. People don't appreciate it when you bailout on a thread because you didn't like the way it was going only to start another thread about the exact same topic.

and

2. My answer to you here is the same as my answer to you there:
It figures that a Neo-Con armchair-warrior such as yourself would have a problem with someone urging service to one's country.

And of course, "Libocalypse" went and started another thread on this same topic, because he didn't like the way this one was going for him.

I would think that giving service to others in honor of their lost loved ones would be a great comfort to those families. I really don't care that much one way or another but I do think it speaks volumes about the posters who try are trying to score a few cheap political points with the issue.

Seems to me they are being far more disrespectful of the fallen than someone who wants to encourage others to remember them through service.

"A day of Service?" "Teachable Moment?" Sounds like something your average Hopey Changey sheep would say. This President is a miserable failure and his handling of this day of 911 remembrance is a perfect example of the poor lost radical Left Wing soul he is. Pretty shameful behavior.
Since Obama is not associated with this effort at all, it's clear that YOU are just trying to use the grief of these people to further your dishonest political jihad.

You disgust me.

Just so sick of his cheap Leftist slogans. "Day of Service?" No Mr. President,that's not what this day is about. It's about the 911 victims and their families. So spare me the B.S. "Community Organizer" rhetoric. We don't need more slogans we just need our President to show he cares. Our President blew it today as far as i'm concerned. :(

Once again you post the lie Libocaypse..

NEW YORK (CNN) -- President Obama spoke at the Pentagon on Friday to those who lost loved ones on September 11, 2001, telling them no words would heal their pain yet calling for a renewed resolve against the ones who attacked the country eight years ago.

President Obama addresses family members and friends who lost loved ones on September 11, 2001.

"No words can ease the ache of your hearts," Obama told a crowd of relatives and friends standing under umbrellas in a steady rain. The plane, American Airlines Flight 77, struck the Pentagon's west wall.

Earlier in the day, the president and first lady Michelle Obama held a moment of silence outside the White House to mark the eighth anniversary of the al Qaeda attacks that killed 2,752 people.

At the Pentagon, Obama was introduced by Defense Secretary Robert Gates, who spoke of the "great pinnacle of sacrifice" shown that day.

"Eight Septembers have come and gone," Obama said. "Nearly 3,000 days have passed, almost one for each one who has been taken from us.

"We recall the beauty and meaning of their lives," he said. "No passage of time, no dark skies can dull the meaning of that moment.
"Let us renew our resolve against those who perpetrated this violent act," Obama said

telling them no words would heal their pain yet calling for a renewed resolve against the ones who attacked the country eight years ago.

If he believed that he should shut the fuck up. Oh wait----moments of silence would be too much like a prayer. Time to toss this fucker under his own bus.

You should tell that to Dubya and DICK. How long were they in office and RUNNING things prior to the 9/11 attacks?
Your urine is boring. Cheer for your team somewhere else...not in a 9/11 thread. How fucking tacky - using 9/11 like that.

Just so I am clear on the rules....Obama is not allowed to blame Bush for the mess he inherited from him, but it is OK to blame Clinton for the 9/11 attacks that happened on Bush's watch?:cuckoo:

Suck dick, much?
Neither. But, I doubt a groupie can see that. Groupies are blind. You've established yourself as a groupie.

Last edited:
And personally I don't wave a flag in front of my house.

I feel the fact that I served in the military is all the patriotism I need to show.

I realize that you like flying your flag chef, but if you didn't, you certainly have shown more patriotism in your lifetime to not have to either.

If somebody tells me I'm not patriotic enough because I don't wave a flag, well I tell them to fuck off.

So serving in the US Military provides immunity for you to spend the rest of your life advocating for policy which is antithetical to the very concept of America?

ROFL... That's HYSTERICAL! (in at least two contexts and on several levels...)

Now kids... the reason that the Advocates of Social Science want to blur the memory of 9-11 with this feminized Leftist drivel, is that:

9-11 WAS A DIRECT RESULT OF MAMBY-PAMBY, PANTY-WASTE, FEMINIZED LEFTIST POLICY...

OK:

1. This was just being discussed in another thread, and you chose to start another one, why?
This isn't the MSNBC Message boards anymore, these threads are moderated. People don't appreciate it when you bailout on a thread because you didn't like the way it was going only to start another thread about the exact same topic.

and

2. My answer to you here is the same as my answer to you there:
It figures that a Neo-Con armchair-warrior such as yourself would have a problem with someone urging service to one's country.

ROFLMNAO...

Hussein isn't urging people to 'serve their country'... He's urging people to serve the ideological interests of that which opposses everything this country rests upon.

He's working to build his 'Civilian Security Forces'... There's no potential for one 'to serve America' through the adoption of collectivist clap-trap...

These groups that the BOY King is touting are not public service groups, they are POLITICAL ORGANIZATIONS... they are merely a means by which the Left can set their advocates in RANKS... Indoctrinate them into little toadies FOR THE PURPOSES of influencing the ELECTORATE.

"Helping the Less Fortunate" is merely a rationale which they feel cannot be opposed by 'reasonable people.'

Except that reasonable people have watched the Left trot this crap out for four generations and watched the ranks of the 'Less Fortunate' swell, as they have chronically adopted by the GROSS; policy which makes it harder for ANYONE to apply initiative and to DO FOR THEMSELVES... with higher and greater numbers of regulatory hurdles and EXPENSE... making it less and less likely that the 'less fortunate' can look to themselves to find a solution to their FINANCIAL and MEDICAL PROBLEMS...

And now they want us to believe that turning from the memory of the LEFTIST POLICY FAILURES exemplified on 9-11-01; and that this nonsense will somehow cover their tracks... Understand that 9-11 is a memory which for many who approach voting age in 2012 is a vague recollection, if they recall it at all.

ROFLMNAO...

Leftists...

Last edited:
I suppose it's too silly to suggest, but in my opinion the anniversary of 9/11 ought to be a day of reflection. Each of us, and that includes those who occupy or seek leadership roles in The District , ought to put aside ideology, ambition and revenge and consider why we were attacked, and how we can better effect change to make such events less likely.

Typical liberal drivel. Obama's incompetent ass already covered this garbage, and only the loonies agree.
9/11, Patriot day, is a day for reflection and rememberance. It's a day you PROUDLY fly our great flag and reflect. It's not a day for liberal loons to politicize. Doing so is just plain disgusting!

What exactly gives right-wing nutjobs any claim to 9/11?

The fact that they never caught Osama Bin Laden?

Or the fact that they took the trust we placed in them to find Bin Laden and used it to invade a country that had nothing to do with 9/11?

Personally, I LIVE in New York, and work in Manhattan. I had a close co-worker that died in the south tower.

None of you have any claim on 9/11 that I can see.

Your flag-waving BS is nothing but a big show.

You desecrate your friends memory, imo.

9/11 belongs to "ALL" Americans and should be a day of "rememberance" of the ones who died, such as your friend, by a VICIOUS attack from Islamic-fanatics. And if you really want to honor your friends memory you would STOP attacking your fellow countrymen and attack the ones who actually MURDERED her! And vow and fight like hell to make sure it NEVER HAPPENS AGAIN!

The audacity of the left never fails to amaze me. Nothing is sacred to them and using your friends 9/11 death to BASH fellow Americans is as SHAMELESS as it gets.

JMO
Roxie

Last edited:

Forum List

Back