9/11 should be a day of service

Centrism'sVoice

Seceded from USMB
Jul 8, 2009
A few words from Jay Winuk, co-founder of 911dayofservice.org:

People choose whatever form of kindness and service they'd like to perform each 9/11. And with acts large and small, they are making a real difference in the lives of people and communities in need.
Some make donations -- clothing, books, eyeglasses, money, blood. Some help repair schools and parks and beaches. Some send care packages to our troops overseas, or work in soup kitchens. Some read to the blind, or visit the elderly.
Unlike as suggested recently by some conservative journalists and bloggers, this 9/11 service phenomenon is not new and is certainly not about some kind of liberal agenda intended to diminish the meaning of September 11 or redefine it for political gain.

Indeed, the notion of engaging in service to mark each 9/11 began during the Bush administration, and has been widely supported by both sides of the aisle on Capitol Hill. In fact, in 2004 the U.S. Congress unanimously passed House Congressional Resolution 473, saying the anniversary of September 11 should be a national day of service and compassion.
Full article

A few words from Jay Winuk, co-founder of 911dayofservice.org:

People choose whatever form of kindness and service they'd like to perform each 9/11. And with acts large and small, they are making a real difference in the lives of people and communities in need.
Some make donations -- clothing, books, eyeglasses, money, blood. Some help repair schools and parks and beaches. Some send care packages to our troops overseas, or work in soup kitchens. Some read to the blind, or visit the elderly.
Unlike as suggested recently by some conservative journalists and bloggers, this 9/11 service phenomenon is not new and is certainly not about some kind of liberal agenda intended to diminish the meaning of September 11 or redefine it for political gain.

Indeed, the notion of engaging in service to mark each 9/11 began during the Bush administration, and has been widely supported by both sides of the aisle on Capitol Hill. In fact, in 2004 the U.S. Congress unanimously passed House Congressional Resolution 473, saying the anniversary of September 11 should be a national day of service and compassion.
Full article

Here's a question: Why do so many people need a reason, or a cause (a tragic one at that) to believe in a day of service?

A few words from Jay Winuk, co-founder of 911dayofservice.org: ...

9-11 is a day of remembrance of the viscious attack on America... by the forces of Evil; part and parcel of which, is the author of this drivel, who demonstrates such through the attempt to distract history from that evil with this imbecilic deception.

There is nothing laudible about 'serving the State...' there is nothing laudible in the pretense of reading to the blind or what have you. These would-be service corps are little more than indoctrination groups which have no interests but the organization of the subversion of the very concept of America, itself.

Last edited:
A few words from Jay Winuk, co-founder of 911dayofservice.org: ...
These would-be service corps are little more than indoctrination groups which no interests but the organization of the subversion of the very concept of America, itself.
Damned straight: America is a nation of "I got my own and fuck the rest of you!" :lol::lol::lol:

Typical liberal drivel. Obama's incompetent ass already covered this garbage, and only the loonies agree.
9/11, Patriot day, is a day for reflection and rememberance. It's a day you PROUDLY fly our great flag and reflect. It's not a day for liberal loons to politicize. Doing so is just plain disgusting!

Typical liberal drivel. Obama's incompetent ass already covered this garbage, and only the loonies agree.
9/11, Patriot day, is a day for reflection and rememberance. It's a day you PROUDLY fly our great flag and reflect. It's not a day for liberal loons to politicize. Doing so is just plain disgusting!

I PROUDLY fly our flag every day. Why do morons like you need a special day to do it?

I have the flag on my car every day. It's on my car when I head to class, it's on my car when I come home, it's on my car when I go out...and that includes 9/11/01.

I PROUDLY fly our flag every day. Why do morons like you need a special day to do it?

Why do morons like you flee from threads they started when an issue like Van Jones is brought up?
That's right, you ran away like the cowardly liberal you are. Your credibility is completely shot. But then, you've never had any anyway so, it's a moot point.
Oh, and I do fly my flag everyday. I also take it down everynight when dusk sets in, as is respectful protocol. I'm sure your stupid liberal ass leaves it up twenty four seven, because your too fat and lazy to take it down!

Why do morons like you flee from threads they started when an issue like Van Jones is brought up?
That's right, you ran away like the cowardly liberal you are. Your credibility is completely shot. But then, you've never had any anyway so, it's a moot point.
Oh, and I do fly my flag everyday. I also take it down everynight when dusk sets in, as is respectful protocol. I'm sure your stupid liberal ass leaves it up twenty four seven, because your too fat and lazy to take it down!

IF you understood protocol, (which you obviously do not), you would know that it is perfectly appropriate to fly your flag at night as long as it is illuminated. You continue to show JUST HOW MUCH of a dumb ass you are here every day. Good show! :clap2:

What exactly gives right-wing nutjobs any claim to 9/11?

The fact that they never caught Osama Bin Laden?

Or the fact that they took the trust we placed in them to find Bin Laden and used it to invade a country that had nothing to do with 9/11?

Personally, I LIVE in New York, and work in Manhattan. I had a close co-worker that died in the south tower.

None of you have any claim on 9/11 that I can see.

Your flag-waving BS is nothing but a big show.

What exactly gives right-wing nutjobs any claim to 9/11?
The fact that they never caught Osama Bin Laden?

Or the fact that they took the trust we placed in them to find Bin Laden and used it to invade a country that had nothing to do with 9/11?

Personally, I LIVE in New York, and work in Manhattan. I had a close co-worker that died in the south tower.

None of you have any claim on 9/11 that I can see.

Your flag-waving BS is nothing but a big show.

Because their President allowed the 9/11 attacks to happen?

PLUS, you all HATE New York anyway.

You insult us all the damn time, and we're mostly a bunch of liberals.

IF you understood protocol, (which you obviously do not), you would know that it is perfectly appropriate to fly your flag at night as long as it is illuminated. You continue to show JUST HOW MUCH of a dumb ass you are here every day. Good show! :clap2:
Still ducking those Van Jones questions I see. Typical Obamabot moron. Too spineless to admit ANYTHING that exposes his beloved messiah for being the anti-american commie piece of shit he's most definitely proven to be.
Seriously, you're a clown!

Still ducking those Van Jones questions I see. Typical Obamabot moron. Too spineless to admit ANYTHING that exposes his beloved messiah for being the anti-american commie piece of shit he's most definitely proven to be.

I posed a question to you in that thread that you have yet to answer. That's called "the ball is in your court", dickhead.

I posed a question to you in that thread that you have yet to answer. That's called "the ball is in your court", dickhead.
No you didn't, lil man!

Forum List

Back