9-11 Ripple..........How transportation has changed!

Sunshine

Trust the pie.
Dec 17, 2009
From CNN:

osgood.jpg

John Osgood, 'Here Comes Trouble'
Artist's statement: This 18-by-30-inch acrylic and aerosol-on-canvas painting is my idea about how the world of transportation changed since the 9/11 tragedy. From the excellent work conducted by the TSA to the absurd work by the TSA, travel has changed. My painting is loosely inspired by a recent story about an elderly lady who had to remove her adult diaper in order to pass through security. Terrorists exploited flaws in the system of travel, and now the U.S. has to raise the level of security to make sure this tragic moment in time never happens again. But where do we draw the line?

Artist's bio: John Osgood is an urban contemporary artist and muralist who grew up in Edmonds, Washington. He graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree from Washington State University with a minor in fine arts and is a 2008 Artist Trust Edge Graduate. Osgood has created murals across the Puget Sound area and has also shown in galleries and venues around the Seattle area. He has a studio and gallery in Seattle called Bherd Studios, where he curates monthly shows for other up-and-coming urban contemporary artists in the Pacific Northwest.

9/11 Ripple

Man, it's every time I fly!

Forum List

Back