9/11 Health Bill shot down in the Senate, Republicans to blame

Keep making excuses for the games dems are playing.
But you noticed I didn't blame just the dems. Both parties have dropped the ball on this issue. I guess you forgot repubs controlled congress 8 years ago.
As for the dems, if they were really concerned about these poeple they would have taken care of this but no this is just another example of polititians being the scum they are.

While the Dems have many games that they play in this manner, as do the Cons, this particular piece of BS is purely a Con game.

Are you seriously trying to point a finger at the Dems for this? Really?

Oh, of course not. The Dems haven't inflamed people like you to think the money of others really belongs to them.

Yeah, we shouldn't blame Dems at all.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

They didn't. You just sort of eluded to the real question though.

Why didn't the dems get this done since 06 when they got the majority or 08 when they controlled both houses of congress?

If you don't feel like trying to answer my questions you could ask why the reps didn't propose a bill even though they were the minority.

Actually, they did. They had the votes for a majority (57-40), and couldn't get it through, because the Republicans stated they would filibuster.

dude you rocked with the last link I asked for.......

oliver.jpg

Isn't it great that Republicans think there's plenty of money to go around when it comes time to lowering the estate tax for multi-billionaires, but there's just no money to help the 9/11 responders.

Way to go Republicans!

First you shamelessly harp on 9/11 to score political points, and then you abandon the heroes that suffer still for their efforts.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

can we see something on the bill please? you know, so we don't make knee jerk judgments:rolleyes:

Not what I asked for... I don't trust an article inherently... I would rather see exactly and completely what is in it

Excellent point. VLW Do you have a link to the actual bill so we can see what was or was not also included in it as a potential "poison pill"?

I do see where you're coming from, though I did choose the WSJ because I would imagine a Murdoch publication would have pointed out those poison pills if they existed. So...

Here's the text:

Text of H.R.847 as Placed on Calendar Senate: James Zadroga 9/11 Health and Compensation Act of 2010 - U.S.... OpenCongress

Here's the Bill history and summary:

H.R.847: James Zadroga 9/11 Health and Compensation Act of 2010 - U.S. Congress - OpenCongress

And, may I say, I really like this whole "OpenCongress.org" thing.

Here it is trajan.

Excellent point. VLW Do you have a link to the actual bill so we can see what was or was not also included in it as a potential "poison pill"?

I do see where you're coming from, though I did choose the WSJ because I would imagine a Murdoch publication would have pointed out those poison pills if they existed. So...

Here's the text:

Text of H.R.847 as Placed on Calendar Senate: James Zadroga 9/11 Health and Compensation Act of 2010 - U.S.... OpenCongress

Here's the Bill history and summary:

H.R.847: James Zadroga 9/11 Health and Compensation Act of 2010 - U.S. Congress - OpenCongress

And, may I say, I really like this whole "OpenCongress.org" thing.

Here it is trajan.

thank you sir.

let me ask first, this 4 billion is for what? the whole shebang because this thing isn’t even running yet? The 4 billion is for settingup the committee and paying anyone or paying for their aliments? It doesn’t look like it...

They 'shall' create they shall do this or that...who exactly is the WTC administrator btw?

why do we need the gov. to get involved with this at all?

4 BILLION for this?

This bill is designed to improve health services and provide financial compensation for 9/11 first responders who were exposed to dangerous toxins and are now sick as a result. It would establish a federal program to provide medical monitoring and treatment for first responders, provide initial health screenings for people who were in the area at the time of the attack and may be at risk, and reopen the 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund to provide compensation for losses and harm as an alternative to the current litigation system.

why does the fed gov. need to do this, they need an "Agency"? They don't have an agency in being to double check claims etc. for medical costs etc...they have the FBI to check peoples veracity for claims etc....

Last edited:
thank you sir.

let me ask first, this 4 billion is for what? the whole shebang because this thing isn’t even running yet? The 4 billion is for settingup the committee and paying anyone or paying for their aliments? It doesn’t look like it...

They 'shall' create they shall do this or that...who exactly is the WTC administrator btw?

why do we need the gov. to get involved with this at all?

4 BILLION for this?

This bill is designed to improve health services and provide financial compensation for 9/11 first responders who were exposed to dangerous toxins and are now sick as a result. It would establish a federal program to provide medical monitoring and treatment for first responders, provide initial health screenings for people who were in the area at the time of the attack and may be at risk, and reopen the 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund to provide compensation for losses and harm as an alternative to the current litigation system.

why does the fed gov. need to do this, they need an "Agency"? They don't have an agency in being to double check claims etc. for medical costs etc...they have the FBI to check peoples veracity for claims etc....

Who, specifically, would do this if not the Federal Government? As we saw on 9/11, if you leave this sort of thing up to chance, as far as which agency handles what is concerned, things go badly.

Oh yes, it's sooooooooooooooooooooooo offensive for people to keep MORE OF WHAT THEY EARN!!!!

Hear the cry of the lazy, greedy, and the dumb. Underneath all that is the naked greed of people, who can't STAND the fact there are some who make more than them. They WANT THAT MONEY, and if they can't have it, they want the government to get it, and then give them goodies instead.

Otherwise it "offends" them.

Why should we care if YOU are offended that people keep more of what they earn. What is so damn important about the greediness of class envy that we should care if you are offended, can you tell me that?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

So, what you're saying here, is the 9/11 first responders are "lazy, greedy, and dumb" because they're not rich enough to pay for their 9/11 induced medical problems, and are asking for some help from the Federal Government?

Wow, you have some serious issues man.

Forum List

Back