9/11 Go time Rdy or Not

Manonthestreet

Diamond Member
May 20, 2014
She was a rookie in the autumn of 2001, the first female F-16 pilot they’d ever had at the 121st Fighter Squadron of the D.C. Air National Guard. She had grown up smelling jet fuel. Her father flew jets in Vietnam and still races them. Penney got her pilot’s licence when she was a literature major at Purdue. She planned to be a teacher. But during a graduate program in American studies, Congress opened up combat aviation to women and Penney was nearly first in line.
A third plane hit the Pentagon, and almost at once came word that a fourth plane could be on the way, maybe more. The jets would be armed within an hour, but somebody had to fly now, weapons or no weapons.

“Lucky, you’re coming with me,” barked Col. Marc Sasseville.

They were gearing up in the pre-flight life-support area when Sasseville, struggling into his flight suit, met her eye.

“I’m going to go for the cockpit,” Sasseville said.

She replied without hesitating.

“I’ll take the tail.”

It was a plan. And a pact. F-16 pilot was ready to give her life on Sept. 11 - The Washington Post

The first female pilot to be posted on an aircraft carrier was "ready to give her life" and she did in the most out of control landing in Carrier history. The Clinton pushed Kara Hultgren through school before she was ready and when she killed herself they put a gag order on the Navy.

New Topics

Forum List

Back