9/11 "Flight Instructor" given right to sue

tigerbob

Increasingly jaded.
Oct 27, 2007
Michigan
Don't know how many of you remember this...

Pilot 'taught four of US hijackers'
By Richard Alleyne, John Steele and Sarah Womack
Last Updated: 1:14am BST 29/09/2001

AN Algerian pilot living in Britain was accused in court yesterday of training four of the airliner hijackers who attacked New York and Washington.

Lotfi Raissi, 27, who was arrested last week, was said to have been a "lead instructor" to the men, accompanying them on trips to America and arranging flying lessons.

His role was to ensure that they were "capable and trained" to carry out the attacks on the World Trade Centre and the Pentagon, it was alleged at Bow Street magistrates' court.

The FBI, which is leading inquiries into the murder of more than 6,000 people on September 11, is seeking the extradition of Raissi, who is married to a French national.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2001/09/29/nhunt29.xml

Well, it now appears that justice has finally been done.

9/11 Accused Pilot Wins Damages Appeal
Updated:17:21, Thursday February 14, 2008

An Algerian pilot mistakenly accused of training the September 11 hijackers is entitled to damages after being wrongly imprisoned.

Lotfi Raissi was never charged with any terrorism offence but spent five months in Belmarsh high security prison.

Although a judge said there was no evidence linking Mr Raissi to terrorism, the Home Office had said he was not entitled to compensation.

After the ruling today, Mr Raissi, 33, said: "I never thought I would see this day."

He said he was "really glad" he had been "completely exonerated" and insisted: "I always had faith in British justice and justice is what I have got."

Mr Raissi went on: "Surely I can expect to hear from the Home Secretary with the long-awaited apology very soon."

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1305421,00.html

One wonders how many more there are.

Forum List

Back