9-11 Did 2Trillion in Damage, War Against Terror 1.7 Trillion, DAMN!

brokenarrow

Rookie
Apr 20, 2011
I'd say the terrorists are bleeding America WHITE!

What do you say?

Is this cost of revenge worth it?

We have a worse enemy using immigration to invade the US. That will permanently destroy the American way of life and everything it took 500 years to build.

Washington: Pick your battles more carefully.

What do you say?

We have a worse enemy using immigration to invade the US. That will permanently destroy the American way of life and everything it took 500 years to build.

It wasn't "revenge" asshole. It's a war. In war you kill people. You go to war to win and remove the threat from your country. We seem to be doing just that.
sheesh, some people.

to a minority, yes>

Empire and Inequality shows how the jetliner attacks provided a windfall opportunity to accelerate pre-existing trends towards greater global and domestic hierarchy, inequality, and repression. Street shows how the elites of American government and business used classic propaganda mechanisms in pursuit of this regressive and authoritarian agenda in the 'post-9/11 era'. Street offers a cogent critique of the myth of the powerless state, showing that the U.S. government's cup runs over when it comes to serving the wealthy and privileged few and is empty only when it comes to meeting the needs of the non-affluent majority. Empire and Inequality is a powerful reflection on the inseparable, deepening, and mutually reinforcing relationships that exist between empire abroad and inequality and repression at home in the 'post 9/11 era'.

Wow, thats a lot of money.

But neither top the $$ amount of damage Obama has done to this country.

• Banned

What do you say?

It wasn't "revenge" asshole. It's a war. In war you kill people. You go to war to win and remove the threat from your country. We seem to be doing just that.
sheesh, some people.

I guess sending in a few hundred guys to knock off the real threat would be revenge, but because it took tens of thousands of troops and trillions to find and kill those same guys, you can sanctify your actions by calling it war on an enemy.

Somebody's making big $$$ on the difference.

• Banned
Wow, thats a lot of money.

But neither top the $$ amount of damage Obama has done to this country.

And the flow of Afghanistan's poppies still continue to make Mexican heroin.

But don't spread that around!:eusa_shhh:

IMO the cost in human life to kill one man was not worth it.

The financial cost while secondary to the human cost was not worth it either.

• Banned
IMO the cost in human life to kill one man was not worth it.

The financial cost while secondary to the human cost was not worth it either.

Exactly. We have greater threats to the country that use the war against terror to screen their attacks on the American people.

What do you say?

What was the Alternative? I strongly doubt everyone holding hands singing kumbaya would have resulted in stopping future attacks

Can I get a link for those costs?

And yes, our reaction to 9/11 has done FAR worse to our country than 9/11 did, no doubt about it.

What do you say?

sheesh, some people.

I guess sending in a few hundred guys to knock off the real threat would be revenge, but because it took tens of thousands of troops and trillions to find and kill those same guys, you can sanctify your actions by calling it war on an enemy.

What was "the real threat"? Osama was not the real threat. Terrorism is the real threat. And that is carried out with the help of sovereign actors like the Taliban and Iraq.

Can I get a link for those costs?

And yes, our reaction to 9/11 has done FAR worse to our country than 9/11 did, no doubt about it.

If you just google "cost of 9-11" you'll get the latest info. I did that a few years ago and near 2 trillion was the estimate.

The war costs were just mentioned on a network news station yesterday. I can't remember which network. But I'm sure it can be found.

sheesh, some people.

What was "the real threat"? Osama was not the real threat. Terrorism is the real threat. And that is carried out with the help of sovereign actors like the Taliban and Iraq.

bin Laden was the "poster boy" for middle east terrorist.

"Oh boy, look at me. Can't touch this!" Well he got touched just like anyone on earth can be. But look at the cost of using an army to do it.

"Oh boy, look at me. Can't touch this!" Well he got touched just like anyone on earth can be. But look at the cost of using an army to do it.

Really? bin Laden hadn't lived in the middle east for 20 years.

He could have lived anywhere. He influenced the middle eastern terrorist the most.

He could have lived anywhere. He influenced the middle eastern terrorist the most.

Do you actually have a clue what you're talking about?
No, I dont think so.

No, I dont think so.

Are you just a critic or do you have something to say?

Yes I have something to say.
You're an idiot.

OBL was more a symbol than anything else. He had been marginalized by the Bush administration. The threat from terrorism was not dependent on OBL but on dozens of other organizations loosely associated with al Qaeda.
While his death is welcome, it won't change much.

No, I dont think so.

Are you just a critic or do you have something to say?

Yes I have something to say.
You're an idiot.

OBL was more a symbol than anything else. He had been marginalized by the Bush administration. The threat from terrorism was not dependent on OBL but on dozens of other organizations loosely associated with al Qaeda.
While his death is welcome, it won't change much.

And what have I said incorrectly?

Forum List

Back