9/11 Debate - Who attacked us?

mozzer

Rookie
May 7, 2006
What are your opinions on the events of 9/11/01? Was America attacked by Al-Qaeda or the American Government?

Share you insights at this FREE SPEECH debate forum...

*url deleted by moderator* *Get permission from admin to advertise*

mozzer said:
What are your opinions on the events of 9/11/01? Was America attacked by Al-Qaeda or the American Government?

Share you insights at this FREE SPEECH debate forum...

*url deleted by moderator* *Get permission from admin to advertise*

:chains: :nine: :banned:

Looks like it's time to repost this:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/defense/1227842.html

Long and technical, but effective. Here's the intro:
9/11: Debunking The Myths
PM examines the evidence and consults the experts to refute the most persistent conspiracy theories of September 11.

Published in the March, 2005 issue.

FALSE WITNESS: Conspiracy theorists claim this photo "proves" the 9/11 attacks were a U.S. military operation. PHOTOGRAPH BY ROB HOWARD

For background on this investigative feature, please click here.

FROM THE MOMENT the first airplane crashed into the World Trade Center on the morning of September 11, 2001, the world has asked one simple and compelling question: How could it happen?

Three and a half years later, not everyone is convinced we know the truth. Go to Google.com, type in the search phrase "World Trade Center conspiracy" and you'll get links to an estimated 628,000 Web sites. More than 3000 books on 9/11 have been published; many of them reject the official consensus that hijackers associated with Osama bin Laden and Al Qaeda flew passenger planes into U.S. landmarks.

Healthy skepticism, it seems, has curdled into paranoia. Wild conspiracy tales are peddled daily on the Internet, talk radio and in other media. Blurry photos, quotes taken out of context and sketchy eyewitness accounts have inspired a slew of elaborate theories: The Pentagon was struck by a missile; the World Trade Center was razed by demolition-style bombs; Flight 93 was shot down by a mysterious white jet. As outlandish as these claims may sound, they are increasingly accepted abroad and among extremists here in the United States.

To investigate 16 of the most prevalent claims made by conspiracy theorists, POPULAR MECHANICS assembled a team of nine researchers and reporters who, together with PM editors, consulted more than 70 professionals in fields that form the core content of this magazine, including aviation, engineering and the military.

In the end, we were able to debunk each of these assertions with hard evidence and a healthy dose of common sense. We learned that a few theories are based on something as innocent as a reporting error on that chaotic day. Others are the byproducts of cynical imaginations that aim to inject suspicion and animosity into public debate. Only by confronting such poisonous claims with irrefutable facts can we understand what really happened on a day that is forever seared into world history.--THE EDITORS...

Kathianne said:
Looks like it's time to repost this:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/defense/1227842.html

Long and technical, but effective. Here's the intro:

Great article , PM has really stepped up lately, their article debunking all of the bullshit about Katrina was also very well done.

My brother, a pilot for 3 decades and a Captain with a major airline has told me that he doesn't know how those guys hit those buildings at the speed they were traveling and the altitude. A large aircraft in those conditions is very hard to control.

sitarro said:
Great article , PM has really stepped up lately, their article debunking all of the bullshit about Katrina was also very well done.

My brother, a pilot for 3 decades and a Captain with a major airline has told me that he doesn't know how those guys hit those buildings at the speed they were traveling and the altitude. A large aircraft in those conditions is very hard to control.
Thanks Sitarro. PM did this when the conspirator theorists were at their zenith. Seems like they are revving up again.

I added a link to usmessageboard.com on my site. Is there a way you can put my site link, 911debate.com, back up?

Much appreciated.

mozzer said:
I added a link to usmessageboard.com on my site. Is there a way you can put my site link, 911debate.com, back up?

Much appreciated.
I'm sure it would be taken into consideration. Just pm the owner, you can find the link on the right...

Here are a few articles demonstrating that we are not being told everything about the events of 9/11. These in no way represent the whole body of information on the subject.

Evidence destroyed/confiscated:

Controllers' 9/11 Tape Destroyed, Report Says

Atta files destroyed by Pentagon

Weldon: Atta Papers Destroyed on Orders

Pentagon Revokes 9/11 Officer's Clearance
Pentagon Revokes Clearance of Officer Who Claimed Military Unit Identified Four 9/11 Hijackers

Interview with Jamie McIntyre CNN Pentagon Correspondent

MCINTYRE:……"Sources tell CNN that the FBI on September 11th confiscated a nearby hotel’s security camera videotape, which also captured the attack. So far the Justice Department has refused to release that videotape. Aaron."

BROWN: "Why? Do we have any idea why they won’t release it?"

MCINTYRE: "Well, the claim – we have filed a freedom of information request for it. They claim that it might provide some intelligence to somebody else who might want to do harm to the United States. But officials I talked to here at the Pentagon say they don’t see any national security or criminal value to that tape. The FBI tends to hold on to things. But the government may eventually release that tape, and if they do, we’ll bring it to you.”

Prior knowledge:

US Heard 'Tomorrow Is Zero Hour' on Eve of Attacks

Willie Brown got low-key early warning about air travel

"...the Justice Department cited what it called a "threat assessment" by the FBI, and said Ashcroft has been advised to travel only by private jet for the remainder of his term."

StoptheMadness1 said:
Here are a few articles demonstrating that we are not being told everything about the events of 9/11. These in no way represent the whole body of information on the subject.

Evidence destroyed/confiscated:

Controllers' 9/11 Tape Destroyed, Report Says

Atta files destroyed by Pentagon

Weldon: Atta Papers Destroyed on Orders

Pentagon Revokes 9/11 Officer's Clearance
Pentagon Revokes Clearance of Officer Who Claimed Military Unit Identified Four 9/11 Hijackers

Interview with Jamie McIntyre CNN Pentagon Correspondent

MCINTYRE:……"Sources tell CNN that the FBI on September 11th confiscated a nearby hotel’s security camera videotape, which also captured the attack. So far the Justice Department has refused to release that videotape. Aaron."

BROWN: "Why? Do we have any idea why they won’t release it?"

MCINTYRE: "Well, the claim – we have filed a freedom of information request for it. They claim that it might provide some intelligence to somebody else who might want to do harm to the United States. But officials I talked to here at the Pentagon say they don’t see any national security or criminal value to that tape. The FBI tends to hold on to things. But the government may eventually release that tape, and if they do, we’ll bring it to you.”

Prior knowledge:

US Heard 'Tomorrow Is Zero Hour' on Eve of Attacks

Willie Brown got low-key early warning about air travel

"...the Justice Department cited what it called a "threat assessment" by the FBI, and said Ashcroft has been advised to travel only by private jet for the remainder of his term."

Blah blah blah...yeah...we know.

President Bush did it. New World Order, Industrial Complex, Saudi Arabia, blah blah blah

Blah blah blah...

StoptheMadness1 said:
Take a look at the information, Zoom. It won't hurt.

I have. All regurgitated conspiracy theory B.S. that has been around ever since 9/11 happened.

The number of people it would take to pull off half of what the conspiracy theorists claim happened is staggering. Not a single one of these people have come out to say, "Hey..I know it's true..I was involved. I did _____!" is evidence enough to me that it is nothing but B.S.

Conspiracy theory? Well, I don't know. I posted links to mainstream news stories that contradict what the official story would lead us to believe.

Did you know that there was massive insider trading just before and on 9/11? That's right, a massive number of put options were put on the very airline which would be attacked on 9/11 - United airlines. Who did this? Obviously whoever was responsible had detailed foreknowledge of the attacks. Why didn't the commission investigate this?

Did you know that there were over 10 drills taking place on 9/11? Many of these drills involved hijacking scenarios, plane crashes, and various other terror attacks. Some of these drills actually moved our fighters hundreds of miles away from New York on 9/11.

StoptheMadness1 said:
Conspiracy theory? Well, I don't know. I posted links to mainstream news stories that contradict what the official story would lead us to believe.

Did you know that there was massive insider trading just before and on 9/11? That's right, a massive number of put options were put on the very airline which would be attacked on 9/11 - United airlines. Who did this? Obviously whoever was responsible had detailed foreknowledge of the attacks. Why didn't the commission investigate this?

Did you know that there were over 10 drills taking place on 9/11? Many of these drills involved hijacking scenarios, plane crashes, and various other terror attacks. Some of these drills actually moved our fighters hundreds of miles away from New York on 9/11.

954give_a_damn_progress.gif

100s of miles? OOOH!! Like an F15 couldn't cover THAT distance in...oh...about?

20 minutes at 500 miles away, guessing Mach 2.

StoptheMadness1 said:
That's ok, gotzoom, you don't have to care. Others may though.

Whew....thanks for saying it is ok that I don't care.

I was truly worried that you wouldn't approve.

Forum List

Back