86%c Grocery Inflation >8% idiots

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
Just spreading the Good news...:disbelief:

We live in a resort community and we don't shop in town. They really soak the tourists around here ($6.56 for a pack of beef hot dogs) but even though we go to the nearest big town, it's pretty obvious grocery prices have gone to epic proportions with no real end in sight.

Well... guess who I'm blaming..?...:lol:

The Democrat Party lead by surf n turf himself Obama-nomics

--------------------:eek:

Despite the Federal Reserve's insistence that inflation is under control, Americans continue to say overwhelmingly that they are paying more for groceries than they were a year ago and they expect to be paying even more a year from now.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 86% of adults think they are paying more for groceries now. That's down two points from last month and consistent with findings since January 2011. Only eight percent (8%) don't believe they are paying more now.

73% Expect to Be Paying More for Groceries A Year From Now - Rasmussen Reports™

I don't have to read a report to know my grocery bill has gone up by at least 10% and I am fortunate enough to get a 10% discount on store brands, so in reality...

I don't have to read a report to know my grocery bill has gone up by at least 10% and I am fortunate enough to get a 10% discount on store brands, so in reality...

They get you on higher insurance rates, gas prices, utility bills, clothes... what..?

We live in a resort community and we don't shop in town. They really soak the tourists around here ($6.56 for a pack of beef hot dogs)

You cite a pack of hot dogs as your staple grocery store item? Jesus fucking Christ, ever thought of altering your diet?

but even though we go to the nearest big town, it's pretty obvious grocery prices have gone to epic proportions with no real end in sight.

Despite the Federal Reserve's insistence that inflation is under control, Americans continue to say overwhelmingly that they are paying more for groceries than they were a year ago and they expect to be paying even more a year from now.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 86% of adults think they are paying more for groceries now. That's down two points from last month and consistent with findings since January 2011. Only eight percent (8%) don't believe they are paying more now.
Does Obama control the prices in your local grocery? Its funny but I don't recall that being one of the powers of the President.

??? EXPECT to pay? Wouldn't the relevant statistic be what they ACTUALLY pay?
The Consumer Price Index (CPI) for all food increased 0.8 percent between 2009 and 2010 and is forecast to increase 2.5 to 3.5 percent in 2012.

OMG we might pay 3% more for groceries this year. How will I fucking survive? ERS/USDA Briefing Room - Food CPI and Expenditures
This will surely bring our household tumbling down.

And what's even worse, although the actual food price inflation has been very low, and is expected to not be extremely high this year, it FEELS like its been HIGHER. So many people have been talking about the food price hikes, that 0.8% increase in 09 and 10 really does feel like it was much bigger, and the 3% increase expected this year, well, so many people are talking about Obama and the economy and the grocery price explosion, it kinda feels like its going to be 86%. In fact lots of people - some with nice websites - have felt like food prices have been exploding quite a bit recently, and that's far more important than the actual food prices.

Last edited:
^^^^
220px-Groucho_Marx.jpg

Who are you going to believe, me or your lying eyes?

We live in a resort community and we don't shop in town. They really soak the tourists around here ($6.56 for a pack of beef hot dogs)

You cite a pack of hot dogs as your staple grocery store item? Jesus fucking Christ, ever thought of altering your diet?

but even though we go to the nearest big town, it's pretty obvious grocery prices have gone to epic proportions with no real end in sight.

Does Obama control the prices in your local grocery? Its funny but I don't recall that being one of the powers of the President.

??? EXPECT to pay? Wouldn't the relevant statistic be what they ACTUALLY pay?
The Consumer Price Index (CPI) for all food increased 0.8 percent between 2009 and 2010 and is forecast to increase 2.5 to 3.5 percent in 2012.

OMG we might pay 3% more for groceries this year. How will I fucking survive? ERS/USDA Briefing Room - Food CPI and Expenditures
This will surely bring our household tumbling down.

And what's even worse, although the actual food price inflation has been very low, and is expected to not be extremely high this year, it FEELS like its been HIGHER. So many people have been talking about the food price hikes, that 0.8% increase in 09 and 10 really does feel like it was much bigger, and the 3% increase expected this year, well, so many people are talking about Obama and the economy and the grocery price explosion, it kinda feels like its going to be 86%. In fact lots of people - some with nice websites - have felt like food prices have been exploding quite a bit recently, and that's far more important than the actual food prices.

You seem like a rather excitable fellow, who has a tendency to puff up when heated..

Your kinda like a "Ballpark" Hot Dog...:lol:

They get you on higher insurance rates, gas prices, utility bills, clothes... what..?

Well besides those ^^^ if I didn't get a 10% discount on store brands, my grocery bill would be 20% higher...these are just on basic items.

Well besides those ^^^ if I didn't get a 10% discount on store brands, my grocery bill would be 20% higher...these are just on basic items.

Well.. aside from what ooh-poo was saying, a loaf of bread, eggs, milk, cheese, fruit, even hamburger has gone up over his posts figures...

btw.. I do like hot dogs..

<snip>

And what's even worse, although the actual food price inflation has been very low, and is expected to not be extremely high this year, it FEELS like its been HIGHER. So many people have been talking about the food price hikes, that 0.8% increase in 09 and 10 really does feel like it was much bigger, and the 3% increase expected this year, well, so many people are talking about Obama and the economy and the grocery price explosion, it kinda feels like its going to be 86%. In fact lots of people - some with nice websites - have feltlike food prices have been exploding quite a bit recently, and that's far more important than the actual food prices.

Can I get you to feel my wallet when I walk out of the store?
It is much lighter than it used to be.

Well.. aside from what ooh-poo was saying, a loaf of bread, eggs, milk, cheese, fruit, even hamburger has gone up over his posts figures...

You're paying too much for groceries to make the prez look bad, you racist!

Exactly! I buy cheese in a two lb block. In December it was $5.99, today it is $7.49.
Fruit? It is a bad time of year for fruit and the neighbor only has so many oranges on his trees ;)
Hamburg cracks me up when it's more expensive per lb than steak!
Makes me want to get my ma's meat grinder from her.

Exactly! I buy cheese in a two lb block. In December it was $5.99, today it is $7.49.
Fruit? It is a bad time of year for fruit and the neighbor only has so many oranges on his trees ;)
Hamburg cracks me up when it's more expensive per lb than steak!
Makes me want to get my ma's meat grinder from her.

I agree with all. I've got the meat grinder for my Kitchen-Aid and am damn glad I do. Buy much of the meat at 'Clearance' at 50-75% off. Being close to expiration date, I come home and either cook it or process to what I want and freeze. Often it's taking a roast and turning it into ground beef or pork.

I utilize the online program from our grocery and clip coupons from the Sunday paper that I'll use. Thanks to the receipt programming I know I'm saving 50-55% off of listed prices.

We live in a resort community and we don't shop in town. They really soak the tourists around here ($6.56 for a pack of beef hot dogs) but even though we go to the nearest big town, it's pretty obvious grocery prices have gone to epic proportions with no real end in sight.

73% Expect to Be Paying More for Groceries A Year From Now - Rasmussen Reports™

As well they should.

The price of food has been steadily climbing since the great banksters' meltdown.

Based on my own experience, I'd say the cost of food is up about 10% overall in the last three years.

<snip>

And what's even worse, although the actual food price inflation has been very low, and is expected to not be extremely high this year, it FEELS like its been HIGHER. So many people have been talking about the food price hikes, that 0.8% increase in 09 and 10 really does feel like it was much bigger, and the 3% increase expected this year, well, so many people are talking about Obama and the economy and the grocery price explosion, it kinda feels like its going to be 86%. In fact lots of people - some with nice websites - have feltlike food prices have been exploding quite a bit recently, and that's far more important than the actual food prices.

Can I get you to feel my wallet when I walk out of the store?
It is much lighter than it used to be.

You actually weigh your wallet when you leave the store? If you've been spending a lot more on food lately, perhaps you should consider weighing yourself?

Or do you have any data at all to support your claims of high inflation? Like, PRICE, data for instance, would be helpful. I hear the U.S. bureau of labor statistics keeps track with something called a "cpi" - but -by all means- if you have better data, I'm all ears.

Forum List

Back