83% of Americans Want Tax Cuts Now

83% want tax cuts yet a majority believe Obama will increase spending.

What does that tell you about the "pass the buck" generation?

Agreed - this has to be among the most politically dyslexic times in our nation's history.

The fact is, the vast majority of our population is so under-informed. So much time dealing with popular culture, so little time dealing with the mechanics of the political machinery that impacts all of us in far more important ways than the outcome of Dancing with Stars.

I have to imagine both politically educated liberals and conservatives are increasingly agitated over the degree of ignorance permeating our population...

Could tell you many things..

That many more will have regret over electing the piece of shit Obama
That while they believe Obama will increase spending, they believe he should not
That a majority of taxpayers are fed up with half or more of their pay being taken by the government, redistributed, and used for government waste
That people will indeed have a want to keep more of what they earn
That people may start being receptive about a simplified tax system where equality in % burden is the basis
That people realize that raising taxes is not going to get us out of this financial situation as a country
That people would rather stimulate the economy with their own spending than having government spend it on Go_kart tracks, cow fart research, and handouts to failing companies

The list can go on, and on, and on, and on

Last edited:

Agreed - this has to be among the most politically dyslexic times in our nation's history.

The fact is, the vast majority of our population is so under-informed. So much time dealing with popular culture, so little time dealing with the mechanics of the political machinery that impacts all of us in far more important ways than the outcome of Dancing with Stars.

I have to imagine both politically educated liberals and conservatives are increasingly agitated over the degree of ignorance permeating our population...

Well said; though I believe that the partisanship in this country has increased over time as well; neither side seems willing to compromise on its positions to achieve the good of the country.

Today's Rasmussen addition paints a very clear picture of the growing animosity from Americans regarding the nation's current tax n spend direction...

-81% believe middle class tax cuts should be included in this year's budget - contradicting the current reports that the Democrat Congress is eliminating those earlier proposed tax cuts.

-66% believe Obama will try and raise taxes on those earning less than $250,000 per year.

-64% consider taxes to be a very important issue.

-Nearly half believe they pay more than their fair share in taxes.

-Nearly 60% agree with the Reagan view that "government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem."

Rasmussen Reports™: The Most Comprehensive Public Opinion Data Anywhere

WHAT??!! Workers should have seen a reduction in their tax obligations starting on April 1, 2009. So much for Rasmussen's "poll." Who does Scott Rasmussen poll, anyway? His office staff?

Also, his polls consistently show questionable differentials in trending of ALL OTHER POLLS:

Americans Relatively OK About Their Tax Bill This Year
April 15, 2009

Gallup.Com - Daily News, Polls, Public Opinion on Government, Politics, Economics, Management

And here's all the "other" polls:
Budget/Taxes

Today's Rasmussen addition paints a very clear picture of the growing animosity from Americans regarding the nation's current tax n spend direction...

-81% believe middle class tax cuts should be included in this year's budget - contradicting the current reports that the Democrat Congress is eliminating those earlier proposed tax cuts.

-66% believe Obama will try and raise taxes on those earning less than $250,000 per year.

-64% consider taxes to be a very important issue.

-Nearly half believe they pay more than their fair share in taxes.

-Nearly 60% agree with the Reagan view that "government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem."

Rasmussen Reports™: The Most Comprehensive Public Opinion Data Anywhere

More from your lame Rasmussen link:

One consistent finding is that a majority believes tax cuts are good for the economy. But there are exceptions. Half (51%) believe that tax hikes on those who earn more than $250,000 a year would be good for the economy. There’s less enthusiasm for tax increases on those who earn more than $100,000 annually.

Conservatives have elevated cherry picking to an art form. I see it everywhere, and when we point out the omissions--dead silence.

The problem is, they also want a Nanny State. Which is how we got into this mess in the first place. They want Nanny, but they don't want to pay.

And that is why Liberals get elected. And why no matter how bad they spend they get reelected, no matter how often they cheat on their taxes and do illegal things in office the people vote for them.

ONLY liberals...yeah, right.

Category:Members of Congress under investigation - SourceWatch

83% want tax cuts.

Under Obama 90% get them!

Actually the Democrat Congress is saying no.

Remains to be seen if those little tax table changes Obama made in the stimulus bill even survive his first budget...

The problem is, they also want a Nanny State. Which is how we got into this mess in the first place. They want Nanny, but they don't want to pay.

And that is why Liberals get elected. And why no matter how bad they spend they get reelected, no matter how often they cheat on their taxes and do illegal things in office the people vote for them.

You are absolutely correct - Democrat support is based upon the foundation of promised entitlements - it has been that way for generations now...

There hasn't been a new "entitlement" program pushed through since the Prescription Drug Bill. Oops, that was Republicans. Social programs (that you people love to tag "welfare") can be funded or not, level funded, or cut every year. Entitlement programs are rarely tinkered with and get carried over year after year.

You are absolutely correct - Democrat support is based upon the foundation of promised entitlements - it has been that way for generations now...

There hasn't been a new "entitlement" program pushed through since the Prescription Drug Bill. Oops, that was Republicans. Social programs (that you people love to tag "welfare") can be funded or not, level funded, or cut every year. Entitlement programs are rarely tinkered with and get carried over year after year.

That drug bill was a complete fiasco.

As is Medicare and Medicaid...

I couldn't agree more. This article explores the misperceptions regarding many issues debated during the Obama-McCain campaign, and it nails the reasons why perfectly.

FactCheck.org: Our Disinformed Electorate
We humans all have a basic disposition to embrace our side's arguments and reject or ignore those offered by an opponent. Our polling reflects that. After taking differences in age, race, gender and education into account, Republicans were still 4.4 times more likely than Democrats to believe that Obama would raise taxes on most small businesses, and Democrats were 3.2 times more likely than Republicans to believe that McCain would cut Medicare benefits. Simply put, partisanship trumps evidence.

That drug bill was a complete fiasco.

As is Medicare and Medicaid...

Well I guess you're one of the more fortunate ones who can afford health care for the myriad health problems the elderly and disabled experience and you have some family member to care for you at the same time. So Mr. Sinatra, if you are ever successful in removing those programs, you can put some private enterprises to work digging great big ditches in West Texas to dump all the bodies so you won't have to trip over them on the streets.

May you never get sick, may you never be poor, may you never get old.

I'd love to hear from these 20 somethings when they get to be 54 like me. Then we'll see what they think about medicare, social security and other safety net programs.

Just so you know, I've been self employed since I was 23 years old. I've never been on unemployment, welfare or any other public assistance. If the only thing neccessary for success in this country was a willingness to work, I'd be set for life.

The reality is not as simple as 'believing in the magic of the market'.

In the real world, regardless of ones work ethic, economic turmoil can ruin anyone.

Forum List

Back