81% of Americans Favor Legalizing Medical Marijuana:

Good, then liberals can spend their time getting high and expecting the rest of us to work to support them.

Yes, because nothing says Conservatism and limited Government like throwing people in the slammer for 10-15 for Pot. Ahh, the smell of hypocrisy in the morning sure is fresh, or is that afternoon where you are? :eusa_whistle:

Do you know what smells worse? The fact that most liberals spent the last 150 years turning the federal government into a national government and then complain about the fact the same government puts you in jail to long for minor drug use.

It seems like you guys wanted the big gun but then shot yourself in the foot with it.

There are some things that require a strong national governement. Deciding what I can or can not do in my own home is not one of them.

Eight in 10 Americans favor legalizing medical marijuana: poll | Raw Story

Certainly looks like the Medical Marijuana debate is over.

The medical marijuana debate among American voters is over.

Eight in 10 Americans -- 81% overall -- support allowing doctors to prescribe cannabis, according to an ABC News/Washington Post poll.

That's up from just 69% in 1997, the last time the two firms asked that question, and from 75% in 2003, according to Gallup.

The main divide among American voters today is how the medical community should be enabled to doll out the drug. The most recent state to allow medical marijuana -- New Jersey -- has the most strenuous controls found anywhere in the nation.

A slim majority, 56 percent, support differing to a doctor's discretion on who should be prescribed marijuana, according to the poll.

In spite of the apparent national mandate for medical marijuana, just 14 states allow it.

I was going to post my own opinion of this, but then I got high. :razz:

My own thought on this.

I think the medical benefits of marijuana are probably exagerated, and dubious at best. it's good for making you feel better, and in some cases, like Chemo, that's fine. Mostly, it's people who want to get high and doctors with no ethics who write the scrips, but the same can be said for doctors who write valium and oxycotin scrips for people who probably don't need them.

But I also think it's silly for the government to try to illegalize it at all. It's something that GROWS IN THE GROUND. It'll probably be around centuries after we are gone. It's a freakin' weed.

A freakin weed? Actually you couldn't be more wrong. The Cannabis plant has been a major crop for the entire history of mankind.

The 10,000-year World History of Hemp and Cannabis

So the only reason weed shouldnt be legalized I gather is "just because...."

Great! Lets keep packin the prisons with non violent weed smokers!

I don't care one way or the other. Drug use is just another signal of our disintegration as a culture and societal degeneracy. It can't be stopped in any case. It's part of the pattern of national suicide.

Sorry Sparky, the war on US citizens who use non-approved recreational drugs is a sign of disintegration of the state into fascism. Humans have been using recreational substances for as long as they knew the effects. And yes the abstanance crowd has been around since the day after........

Democrats, republicans, I hope this is helping you understand that your parties don't act on the will of the people.

I was wondering when I recently made a medical marijuana thread or stated that I was pro-death penalty when I haven't been for quite some time. Then I realized that this thread was from last January, talk about a blast from the past. :lol:

I don't care one way or the other. Drug use is just another signal of our disintegration as a culture and societal degeneracy. It can't be stopped in any case. It's part of the pattern of national suicide.

Sorry Sparky, the war on US citizens who use non-approved recreational drugs is a sign of disintegration of the state into fascism. Humans have been using recreational substances for as long as they knew the effects. And yes the abstanance crowd has been around since the day after........

Seriously. There wasn't really a burning bush that was described in the bible. That was someone having a peyote trip.

Eight in 10 Americans favor legalizing medical marijuana: poll | Raw Story

Certainly looks like the Medical Marijuana debate is over.

The medical marijuana debate among American voters is over.

Eight in 10 Americans -- 81% overall -- support allowing doctors to prescribe cannabis, according to an ABC News/Washington Post poll.

That's up from just 69% in 1997, the last time the two firms asked that question, and from 75% in 2003, according to Gallup.

The main divide among American voters today is how the medical community should be enabled to doll out the drug. The most recent state to allow medical marijuana -- New Jersey -- has the most strenuous controls found anywhere in the nation.

A slim majority, 56 percent, support differing to a doctor's discretion on who should be prescribed marijuana, according to the poll.

In spite of the apparent national mandate for medical marijuana, just 14 states allow it.

I was going to post my own opinion of this, but then I got high. :razz:

My own thought on this.

I think the medical benefits of marijuana are probably exagerated, and dubious at best. it's good for making you feel better, and in some cases, like Chemo, that's fine. Mostly, it's people who want to get high and doctors with no ethics who write the scrips, but the same can be said for doctors who write valium and oxycotin scrips for people who probably don't need them.

But I also think it's silly for the government to try to illegalize it at all. It's something that GROWS IN THE GROUND. It'll probably be around centuries after we are gone. It's a freakin' weed.

I happen to know..the benefits for cancer patients are real. Curbs nausea, reduces pain...then they die. Why not allow them the comfort of this natural drug in their final days on earth?

Forum List

Back