81% of Americans Favor Legalizing Medical Marijuana:

Eight in 10 Americans favor legalizing medical marijuana: poll | Raw Story

Certainly looks like the Medical Marijuana debate is over.

The medical marijuana debate among American voters is over.

Eight in 10 Americans -- 81% overall -- support allowing doctors to prescribe cannabis, according to an ABC News/Washington Post poll.

That's up from just 69% in 1997, the last time the two firms asked that question, and from 75% in 2003, according to Gallup.

The main divide among American voters today is how the medical community should be enabled to doll out the drug. The most recent state to allow medical marijuana -- New Jersey -- has the most strenuous controls found anywhere in the nation.

A slim majority, 56 percent, support differing to a doctor's discretion on who should be prescribed marijuana, according to the poll.

In spite of the apparent national mandate for medical marijuana, just 14 states allow it.

I was going to post my own opinion of this, but then I got high. :razz:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-j-gtQArvc]YouTube - Afroman "Because i Got High" [With Lyrics][/ame]

Eight in 10 Americans -- 81% overall -- support allowing doctors to prescribe cannabis, according to an ABC News/Washington Post poll.

That's up from just 69% in 1997, the last time the two firms asked that question, and from 75% in 2003, according to Gallup.

The main divide among American voters today is how the medical community should be enabled to doll out the drug. The most recent state to allow medical marijuana -- New Jersey -- has the most strenuous controls found anywhere in the nation.

A slim majority, 56 percent, support differing to a doctor's discretion on who should be prescribed marijuana, according to the poll.

In spite of the apparent national mandate for medical marijuana, just 14 states allow it.

Legalizing pot for medical use or just any old use?

I have no problem legalizing it and regualting like alcohol. The only problem is we need something like a breathallizer to check pot intoxication levels for DUI.

I have no problem legalizing it and regualting like alcohol. The only problem is we need something like a breathallizer to check pot intoxication levels for DUI.
something like this maybe?
Wooden-Toys-Puzzle-Car-SK028-.jpg

:razz::lol:

Lol. Well when 81% of this nation pretty much agrees on something it's hard to get partisan. Somehow you people managed to do it.

Thing is, you can say what you want it ain't the leftists standing in the way of this one... it's the Christian Right... that likes to say they believe in "small government" to have some legitimacy with the rest of the Republicans. The neo-coons... who want a big christian values government. Damn shame... because they have their influences in both parties.

The right needs to get rid of the "values voters" for the world to change.
What's MOST bizarre is that people are still trying to "sell" THIS horseshit:​

"Today's pot is at least 10 times stronger than in the 1970s and '80s, and more addictive..."

USA Today - October, 17, 2011

USA Today has become as relevant as the NY Post!!!! :cuckoo:

My own thought on this.

I think the medical benefits of marijuana are probably exagerated, and dubious at best. it's good for making you feel better, and in some cases, like Chemo, that's fine. Mostly, it's people who want to get high and doctors with no ethics who write the scrips, but the same can be said for doctors who write valium and oxycotin scrips for people who probably don't need them.

But I also think it's silly for the government to try to illegalize it at all. It's something that GROWS IN THE GROUND. It'll probably be around centuries after we are gone. It's a freakin' weed.

Good, then liberals can spend their time getting high and expecting the rest of us to work to support them.

Yes, because nothing says Conservatism and limited Government like throwing people in the slammer for 10-15 for Pot. Ahh, the smell of hypocrisy in the morning sure is fresh, or is that afternoon where you are? :eusa_whistle:

The DEMS put as many (sometimes more) people in prison for POT as the GOP.

Far as I can tell in this case its the LIMO LIBERALS who control the DNC who are the biggER hypocrites.

A pox on both their houses.

Every somewhat legitimate poll I've seen is that support for legalizing marijuana has just reached 50%. After some years of experience with legalization of medical marijuana, California voters refused to legalize recreational use of marijuana. Before the vote, support for legalizing marijuana was said to be in some reports, as high as 90% in the state.

Every somewhat legitimate poll I've seen is that support for legalizing marijuana has just reached 50%. After some years of experience with legalization of medical marijuana, California voters refused to legalize recreational use of marijuana. Before the vote, support for legalizing marijuana was said to be in some reports, as high as 90% in the state.

Forces which stand to suffer by the legalization of MJ include the adult beverage industry and big pharma. Of course many substance abuse professionals and those in recovery oppose its legalization for recreational use too.

There are two facts which ought to be considered. The cost of enforcement and the cost of the black market (in terms of crime and lost revenue).

On a cost-benefit level allowing each state to determine the legality of MJ makes sense.

Good, then liberals can spend their time getting high and expecting the rest of us to work to support them.

Yes, because nothing says Conservatism and limited Government like throwing people in the slammer for 10-15 for Pot. Ahh, the smell of hypocrisy in the morning sure is fresh, or is that afternoon where you are? :eusa_whistle:

Hypocrisy is supporting prohibition on pot and then going to your doctor for your mood pills, your pain pills, your energy pillss, your sleeping pills,etc. The only difference I see is that one route makes a pharma co. alot of money.

Oh, and people that get there fix from doctors are typically white and over 30.

I don't care one way or the other. Drug use is just another signal of our disintegration as a culture and societal degeneracy. It can't be stopped in any case. It's part of the pattern of national suicide.

Lol. Well when 81% of this nation pretty much agrees on something it's hard to get partisan. Somehow you people managed to do it.

Thing is, you can say what you want it ain't the leftists standing in the way of this one... it's the Christian Right... that likes to say they believe in "small government" to have some legitimacy with the rest of the Republicans. The neo-coons... who want a big christian values government. Damn shame... because they have their influences in both parties.

The right needs to get rid of the "values voters" for the world to change.

The Christian right in messing with it in Amsterdam too, and Amsterdam will lose 40% of its' lucrative tourist business.

My own thought on this.

I think the medical benefits of marijuana are probably exagerated.....
Get-back-to-us when you (actually) KNOW something about the medical-benefits....and, have learned to spell exaggerated.
eusa_doh.gif

Forum List

Back