81% agree, raise taxes

the top 5% of earners already pay 70% of all income tax collected.

How much more should they pay?

Maybe we should institute CT's new definition of wealthy and raise income taxes on everyone making over 50K a year.

That we should raise taxes on the wealthy in our time of need. So who are all these people in congress who are against it and why?

I say tighten up deductions, work on elimination of abuse, get overhead down, get rid of programs that don't work, bring some of our troops home, and get rid of the last TAX cut for any income over 25,000.
Then put a 2% add on for all income over 250,000.
Take SS tax all the way up to 1/2 million for workers and base SS on need. every dollar in income over 50,000 cost you .25 cents off your monthly SS payment.

Republicans come on now, your always saying you was sent to washington to do what the people wanted, well 81% want you to raise taxes esp on those at the top.

Democracy is tyranny of the majority. In a free country, we are all citizens, we all share responsibility and all should bear the cost. The rich already pay far more then their share of taxes by every measure. When one in 20 people pay one and a half times what the other 19 pay, as is the case now, we are not equal men, we are men and leaches.

Grow up and stop advocating dumping your problems on a small set of the population.

That we should raise taxes on the wealthy in our time of need. So who are all these people in congress who are against it and why?

I say tighten up deductions, work on elimination of abuse, get overhead down, get rid of programs that don't work, bring some of our troops home, and get rid of the last TAX cut for any income over 25,000.
Take SS tax all the way up to 1/2 million for workers and base SS on need. every dollar in income over 50,000 cost you .25 cents off your monthly SS payment.

Republicans come on now, your always saying you was sent to washington to do what the people wanted, well 81% want you to raise taxes esp on those at the top.

fAiL s0n.......that kind of poll only resonates over at the DailyKos...........and by the way dummy, the Bush tax cuts were just extended. Not sure where you get your news from but tht was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in December.

Democracy is tyranny of the majority. In a free country, we are all citizens, we all share responsibility and all should bear the cost. The rich already pay far more then their share of taxes by every measure. When one in 20 people pay one and a half times what the other 19 pay, as is the case now, we are not equal men, we are men and leaches.

Grow up and stop advocating dumping your problems on a small set of the population.

OK we get it you hate democracy

There is one reason that the top tax bracket is never raised anymore.

They are the ones who pay the meal tickets of our government representatives.

The right loves it that way.

Yeah, It's not like The Democrats in Congress are receiving any meal tickets from Big Oil or Corporations? :cuckoo: Just more hypocritical drivel really. ~BH

They are, for christ sakes can we stop pretending that one side does not *blank*. Everytime a point is raised someone somewhere compares to something someone else did. I dont like Dems or Repubs that line their pockets from corporate donors. The only difference is is that some Dems (I BELIEVE, THIS IS MY FUCKING OPINION) speak up about corporate influencing our elections or generally being unfair. I cant remember when any Repub (I BELIEVE, AGAIN THIS IS MY OPINION) has said anything about corporations except how great they are to America.

Its a reuters article .

Published on Tuesday, January 4, 2011 by Reuters Most Americans Say Tax Rich to Balance Budget: Poll
81% Say Tax Rich or Cut Military; 3% Say Cut Social Security

Last edited:
There is one reason that the top tax bracket is never raised anymore.

They are the ones who pay the meal tickets of our government representatives.

The right loves it that way.

Yeah, It's not like The Democrats in Congress are receiving any meal tickets from Big Oil or Corporations? :cuckoo: Just more hypocritical drivel really. ~BH

They are, for christ sakes can we stop pretending that one side does not *blank*. Everytime a point is raised someone somewhere compares to something someone else did. I dont like Dems or Repubs that line their pockets from corporate donors. The only difference is is that some Dems (I BELIEVE, THIS IS MY FUCKING OPINION) speak up about corporate influencing our elections or generally being unfair. I cant remember when any Repub (I BELIEVE, AGAIN THIS IS MY OPINION) has said anything about corporations except how great they are to America.

No hero of mine, but McCain tried with Campaign finance reform. So there is one. But yes, I agree that corruption is on both sides, and that's the problem in D.C right now. It's all about keeping the sheople squabbling over bullcrap. ~BH

Look at who is willing to raise the tax rates of the wealthy and you will know who likes it and who doesnt

C'mon s0ns..........heres the poop. The class warfare shit only exists in the nether regions of the internet like this site. No place else. Do I need to post up the red-blue map following the election a couple of months ago? Ummm........did the Bush tax cuts get extended or am I not sitting in front of this PC???

Oh......perhaps a map of the election results are in order................

PH2010110301760.jpg

Ooooooooooooops!!!!!

:fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu:

Hey genius... you could take ALL of their money and it wouldn't come close to paying off our debts.

Please stop reading failed Marxist claptrap.

Forum List

Back