80's Tunes...

The prettiest 80s song that nobody has heard:

Last edited by a moderator:
my fav Prince tune...

Prince - Gett Off. - YouTube

makes me wanna fuck practically anything in sight...

I'm thinking little red corvette.

What was that with Prince? It's sort of wild. But he did that to you. There was these huge screens at Larry's Hideaway (major bar up here where my more punk kinda played compared to the Elmo)

First time I saw the dude you just knew he had it. The "it".

Gino Vannelli - It Hurts to be Love - YouTube

I think we've conversed over Gino before.

I loved him to death. And he has to also be one of the nicest men ever I crossed paths with in my music days. Only briefly. But what a truly nice individual. When we were joking back and forth and I'd told him I was working with a band called FIST and trying to break them out of Quebec ......

He had to give me the best line ever. Ou est la salle de bain? Most important thing if you are going cross country across Quebec to the Maritimes.

A gentleman.

Also though this amazing talent. Although his serious impact in Europe, I still to this day don't understand why he wasn't bigger here.

I never got it. I still don't get it. He had the pipes what vocals. He could do any range. He was drop dead gorgeous. And he genuinely was a nice human being.

And the tunes rocked.

I guess I'll never get it. I think Gino is one of the most underated talents of our time. And I still can't figure out why.

Last edited:
Late '89/early '90 tweener...

This Woman's Work - Kate Bush

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TupvVpxY_U&ob=av2e]Kate Bush - This Woman's Work - YouTube[/ame]

Always brings a tear to my eye. :(

Gino Vannelli - It Hurts to be Love - YouTube

I think we've conversed over Gino before.

I loved him to death. And he has to also be one of the nicest men ever I crossed paths with in my music days. Only briefly. But what a truly nice individual. When we were joking back and forth and I'd told him I was working with a band called FIST and trying to break them out of Quebec ......

He had to give me the best line ever. Ou est la salle de bain? Most important thing if you are going cross country across Quebec to the Maritimes.

A gentleman.

Also though this amazing talent. Although his serious impact in Europe, I still to this day don't understand why he wasn't bigger here.

I never got it. I still don't get it. He had the pipes what vocals. He could do any range. He was drop dead gorgeous. And he genuinely was a nice human being.

And the tunes rocked.

I guess I'll never get it. I think Gino is one of the most underated talents of our time. And I still can't figure out why.
+1000

And he's still awesome.

Edit to add: Just checked out that new song - 'Wilderness Road'- on his homepage. First time I've heard it. The voice is golden! Maybe he has a new CD out.

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_msHpEa3_Y&ob=av2e]Haircut 100 - Love Plus One - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back