80% of Millenials are not investing in the stock market.

Millennials are dumbfucks. Ever watch late night shows where they go out in the street and ask questions of them and they all have the deer in headlights look?
One of the best ones I heard was when a college kid was asked "We celebrated our bicentennial on July 4th 1976. When was our first Independence day? He said "1941".

I'm not surprised; I didn't start investing in stocks until I was about 50. In your early adult years, kids and mortgages tend to eat up most of your earnings so there's little left over to invest.

I'm not surprised; I didn't start investing in stocks until I was about 50. In your early adult years, kids and mortgages tend to eat up most of your earnings so there's little left over to invest.
These kids are still socked with student debt

That's part of it, but according to what I've read, the majority of debt carried by Millenials is not student loan debt. It's unfortunate since they are missing out on the greatest components of wealth building the stock market offers. Long term appreciation of good companies and/or compounding of dividend reinvestments.

That's part of it, but according to what I've read, the majority of debt carried by Millenials is not student loan debt. It's unfortunate since they are missing out on the greatest components of wealth building the stock market offers. Long term appreciation of good companies and/or compounding of dividend reinvestments.

When I was their age....buying a home was my first priority
Stocks came later, mostly in a 401k

These kids seem too much in debt to do either

in the mid 60s i just bought motorcycles and snow machines but when i got my good RailRoad job i bought motorcycles , cars , wooded acreage , guns , farming equipment and built a house , And then when i was about 33 a kindly old gent convinced me to do a 401 and i did . But thats it . My generation came right after the last generation that simply saved money in the bank in CD an similar no risk investments , No big investments for them but many retired on Company Pensions , the same heath insurance and it was much better than nowadays .
Wow that number shocked me. There aren't many things that have the returns of the stock market over the last 100 years. Any Millenials here care to comment on why they do or do not invest in the market?
Here's why millennials aren't investing

They invest in video games
---------------------------- they also invest in tattoos , ear hole jewelry , nose hole jewelery , disposable diapers for their dirty nosed off spring , belly button jewelery , skate boards and ill fitting sports logo sports suits and front hole grooming products .

Gens Y and Z are in for a shock when Trump runs out of low hanging fruit in his second term. The economy will keep growing as well as wages but a lot slower. Then the need to invest will hit home.

in the mid 60s i just bought motorcycles and snow machines but when i got my good RailRoad job i bought motorcycles , cars , wooded acreage , guns , farming equipment and built a house , And then when i was about 33 a kindly old gent convinced me to do a 401 and i did . But thats it . My generation came right after the last generation that simply saved money in the bank in CD an similar no risk investments , No big investments for them but many retired on Company Pensions , the same heath insurance and it was much better than nowadays .
Wow that number shocked me. There aren't many things that have the returns of the stock market over the last 100 years. Any Millenials here care to comment on why they do or do not invest in the market?
Here's why millennials aren't investing

They invest in video games
---------------------------- they also invest in tattoos , ear hole jewelry , nose hole jewelery , disposable diapers for their dirty nosed off spring , belly button jewelery , skate boards and ill fitting sports logo sports suits and front hole grooming products .
Lattes at Starbucks

The average salary in America is $ 56 000
Taxes on income and social contributions.
Food, clothing, medicine, payments for real estate, utilities, property taxes, gasoline, car insurance, education, furniture, equipment. Sales taxes.
Savings of no more than 2500 dollars.
The American can not afford tourism, not to mention the game exchange

These days putting money in a savings account in like burning money because inflation has been higher than savings account interest rates for several years now. Same deal with CDs. 25 years ago CDs were a good safe investments. Not anymore.

I have 5 millennial children and taught them how to manage their money because they don't teach it in school. I also feed them tips all the time. They are all doing well and never ask me for money.

Forum List

Back