80,000 Show Up to See Obama

And the second article is misleading because it attempts to credit 80,000 people in a stadium to a group that's never drawn more than 10,000 at a free concert in order to intentionally diminish the fact that Obama drew that large a crowd.

Wow, this thread has more hot air than network news!

It's pointless to dispute Obama's celebrity. Do any of us actually put faith in popular opinion? Is it so hard to say "You're right, he is super-popular; I still don't like him?" The mere fact that we seem to talk about nothing but Obama lately seems telling enough.

He's popular with the left, Lord only knows why, but then, it isn't hard to lead a herd of sheep ... and I STILL don't like him.

He's popular with the left, Lord only knows why, but then, it isn't hard to lead a herd of sheep ... and I STILL don't like him.

Well, I didn't vote for him. But he'll be better than the alternative. In fact, I think you and I wanted the SAME freaking person to win the democratic nod. Just saying...

So baaa ... back atcha. :eusa_whistle:

I don't have a "side", Gunny, I'm perfectly capable of taking positions on both sides of the aisle, as you well know.. you really need to stop that, particularly with me. It's getting a bit old.

I gave my opinion. And, btw, I DO know who the Decembrists are. But they've never attracted that kind of crowd. So again, if you'll stop chewing on tacks and trying to spit them out at me... I said it probably should have been in there, if only to shut up the wingnuts, but I still think that misses the story.

What's getting old is you trying to play the impartial one. The fact that you fall out with the left on Israel as a result of your religion or are ambivalent to gun ownership hardly makes you bipartisan. On most issues, you are hard left as it gets.

If you can read, I never said nor implied the Decemberists attracted 80k. I only said Obama alone didn't attract 80k.

There's nothing wingut about pointing out a lie of omission and providing the evidence that proves its a lie. It's called reporting the truth. Doesn't get any simpler than that.

What's getting old is you trying to play the impartial one. The fact that you fall out with the left on Israel as a result of your religion or are ambivalent to gun ownership hardly makes you bipartisan. On most issues, you are hard left as it gets.

If you can read, I never said nor implied the Decemberists attracted 80k. I only said Obama alone didn't attract 80k.

There's nothing wingut about pointing out a lie of omission and providing the evidence that proves its a lie. It's called reporting the truth. Doesn't get any simpler than that.

I also fall "out of the left" with Obama, don't I? I just don't like seeing people trashed either.

I'm not really ambivalent about gun ownership. It's not my issue. I don't own guns, but my feeling is that until the second amendment is gotten rid of (something not likely...not ever) that it's the same as any other amendment and has to be enforced. That doesn't mean I agree with gun culture anymore than I agree with every kind of speech. But the first amendment still lets people say their piece. Just how it is.

Big difference between a "lie of omission" and not focusing on something extraneous. But like I said, I'd have made mention of the concert just to avoid the type of distortion that "newsbusters" usually plays.

I never said I was impartial. But I'm also not one of the extremists. You used to be like that on the other side, which is why we were able to post.

Apparently, that's not the case any longer, because the insults are really getting played out.

I also fall "out of the left" with Obama, don't I? I just don't like seeing people trashed either.

Sure thing. As soon as your brethren Dems finish screwing her out of the Dem nomination, you'll be right on Obama's coattails, so no, you don't fall out.

I'm not really ambivalent about gun ownership. It's not my issue. I don't own guns, but my feeling is that until the second amendment is gotten rid of (something not likely...not ever) that it's the same as any other amendment and has to be enforced. That doesn't mean I agree with gun culture anymore than I agree with every kind of speech. But the first amendment still lets people say their piece. Just how it is.

Look at your first two sentences.:eusa_whistle:

Big difference between a "lie of omission" and not focusing on something extraneous. But like I said, I'd have made mention of the concert just to avoid the type of distortion that "newsbusters" usually plays.

It's a lie of omission and there is no "big difference" just because you lefties attempt to downplay the drawing power of the band. Since no one knows what the numbers break down as, that the band was extraneous is not supported by evidence.

I never said I was impartial. But I'm also not one of the extremists. You used to be like that on the other side, which is why we were able to post.

Apparently, that's not the case any longer, because the insults are really getting played out.

Right. I used to be like that. I'm not the one whose been posting extremist shit. If you aren't posting it, you're supporting it, so try again.

BS....

Unmentioned in national reporting was the fact that Obama was preceded by a rare, 45-minute free concert by actual rock stars The Decemberists. The Portland-based band has drawn rave reviews from Rolling Stone magazine, which gave their 2005 album Picaresque four and a half stars (out of five), and another four and a half stars for 2007's The Crane Wife.

How many of the people showed up to hear Obama, and how many to hear the band?

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/robert...ncert-popular-band-preceded-obama-s-big-rally

Being that it was our first hot day this makes since. I know it was major talk on KNRK in the week leading up to it. It PLAYED big time into the numbers. Free concert on our first major weekend of warmth after a LONG LONG winter.

Forum List

Back