8 yr. old paints face black to represent Martin Luther King and gets booted from scho

Should this 8 yr. old have been able to keep his face paint on?

• Yes

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thank you. If this story turns out to be true... i would say that his parents are at fault for not explaining (or ignorance) 500 years of institutional slavary and racism in America might make some people sensitive to black face painting.

500 years?

Interesting. I did not realize we've been a country since 1512.

Slavery was invented by the Constitution. It had been in America for a long time.

If you say so :cuckoo:

Thank you. If this story turns out to be true... i would say that his parents are at fault for not explaining (or ignorance) 500 years of institutional slavary and racism in America might make some people sensitive to black face painting.

500 years?

Slavery was invented by the Constitution. It had been in America for a long time.

Um...it has been all over the world since time began.
And all races.
You buy cheap Asian products? - You support slavery still today.

:eusa_shifty:

speaking of the need to stay under a rock..........:eusa_shhh:

So, are you one of those that thinks the kid should have gotten in trouble?

No, I'm saying that you haven't given much thought to the subject, and that until you have done more than learned to regurgitate whatever you hear on "Fox and Friends" it would serve you well to remain under your own rock.

Contrary to a presumed stereotype, I have never listened to Rush, Fox News or Fox and Friends ....lol.....

So, are you one of those that thinks the kid should have gotten in trouble?

No, I'm saying that you haven't given much thought to the subject, and that until you have done more than learned to regurgitate whatever you hear on "Fox and Friends" it would serve you well to remain under your own rock.

Contrary to a presumed stereotype, I have never listened to Rush, Fox News or Fox and Friends ....lol.....

Then perhaps you should simply think before you express yourself.

The School Administrator's choice was easy to make:

A. Have the kid go home with his pissed off parents.

B. Have Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton bus in support to link arms and surround the campus while chanting for your resignation on national television.

500 years?

Um...it has been all over the world since time began.
And all races.
You buy cheap Asian products? - You support slavery still today.

I buy American and favor a ban on Chinese products that do not meet standards and buy American clauses in any federal funding.

Top Republican: Scrap 'buy American' stimulus clause
AFP: Top Republican: Scrap 'buy American' stimulus clause

Last edited:

B. Have Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton bus in support to link arms and surround the campus while chanting for your resignation on national television.

C. Stand up for your principals, knowing the child did nothing wrong and quit worrying about what idiots like JJ and AS might do.

But of course to cave into fears and forget what is correct is always the easy way out.... just saying.....

Is there a credible link? How many times will people fall for Breitbarts's fake stories?

How's ABC news for a link?

School Pulls Boy From Class for Black Face Costume - ABC News

Don't you think this is "sensitivity" run amuck?

C. Stand up for your principals, knowing the child did nothing wrong and quit worrying about what idiots like JJ and AS might do.

But of course to cave into fears and forget what is correct is always the easy way out.... just saying.....

Yeah, I doubt the vision of being an unemployed ex-public school administrator enjoying your hero worship occured.

Michael Jackson wanted to be white.

I submit that so do most blacks.

No they don't.

Well, I have not done a poll, so you could be correct.

The reason I suspect that most African Americans wish they were white is because African Americans who are lighter skinned (Obama, MLK, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Beyonce, and many black actresses and actors) are often the most popular members of the community. Indeed, blacks spend an extraordinary volume of their wealth on Hair Relaxers.

Yes but it's a lot better than a school( taxpayers )having to fight a million dollar lawsuit.

More blacks (% wise) are racists than are whites. It is from inherited bitterness at having been on the slave end of the stick for hundreds of years...now being free to display pseudo-justifiable disgust at any hint by a white person that Aunt Jemima was a masterful cook.

I have strained relations now with some blacks that I had considered friends until recently. They insist that any criticism of Obama displays racism. I criticize Obama daily. I am NOT a racist. I just have friends that are!

The schooled erred in preventing the black face make up. It upset the older blacks a bit but would likely have been enlightening to the young boy's classmates. If crusty old parents would simply get out of the fuckin' way, innocent children would meld together in harmony. Let them police each other in regard to accepted behavior. They do NOT need to be taught hatred by their elders.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

Yes but it's a lot better than a school( taxpayers )having to fight a million dollar lawsuit.

OK, then maybe the parents of the kid should sue.

More blacks (% wise) are racists than are whites. It is from inherited bitterness at having been on the slave end of the stick for hundreds of years...now being free to display pseudo-justifiable disgust at any hint by a white person that Aunt Jemima was a masterful cook.

I have strained relations now with some blacks that I had considered friends until recently. They insist that any criticism of Obama displays racism. I criticize Obama daily. I am NOT a racist. I just have friends that are!

The schooled erred in preventing the black face make up. It upset the older blacks a bit but would likely have been enlightening to the young boy's classmates. If crusty old parents would simply get out of the fuckin' way, innocent children would meld together in harmony. Let them police each other in regard to accepted behavior. They do NOT need to be taught hatred by their elders.

While I understand why some people would be sensitive to such a display I think the best course of action would have been to swallow the discomfort and allow the program to proceed. Second grade children would not have thought beyond the fact that the kid was dressed as MLK. Now that they've made an incident out of it, they taught both races of children lessons that they probably didn't intend to. White children will learn that you have to watch what you say and do because you never know what innocent action or statement might be called racist and be offensive. Black children will wonder if perhaps there is something wrong with being black if little Johnny got in trouble for it. We should, as Asaratis suggests, let the children learn from their own perspectives that people are simply people and let race just become the amount of melanin in a person's skin.

Forum List

Back