8 yr old boy illegally interrogated by cops...

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
(CNN) -- An 8-year-old Arizona boy suspected in the deaths of his father and another man can be heard in a videotape of his police interview telling officers that he shot both men after he came home from school.
Vincent Romero and Tim Romans were found dead in Romero's home in St. Johns, Arizona.

Vincent Romero and Tim Romans were found dead in Romero's home in St. Johns, Arizona.

Authorities released the tape Tuesday.

The boy, sitting cross-legged in an overstuffed armchair, initially denied involvement in the shootings but later said he shot his already wounded father "because he was suffering."

The two officers questioning the boy press him to tell the truth, with one saying at one point, "If you're not honest with me, if you're not truthful, it's not going to look good." Video Watch boy describe scene »

The boy later appears to admit to shooting his father, saying, "After I shot him once he was still moving, I think I shot him again."

He says on the tape he shot both men twice.

Police released the first 12 minutes of the tape, which did not include the alleged confession, earlier Tuesday and released the remainder of the tape late Tuesday afternoon. Video Watch boy say he thinks he shot his "suffering" dad »

The boy is charged with killing his father, Vincent Romero, 29, along with Tim Romans, 39, a man who rented a room in Romero's home in St. Johns, Arizona. Police have said the boy confessed to shooting the men with a .22-caliber handgun.

At the end of the footage, the boy buries his face in his jacket as one officer asks, "You OK, sweetie?"

The officers ask whether the boy was mad at his father, but the answer is not audible.

I saw this last night on both Nancy Grace and AC360. This boy didn't have a relative or lawyer present, and they didn't read him his rights.

They also forgot about the white car that the boy saw when he came home that evening which was in front of his house and left rather quickly.

I hope these 2 bitches get fired from the force and are gang raped by demons in their dreams.

I've mentioned this elsewhere but these are such blatant errors that I find it difficult to suggest these officers were simply mistaken in not following very basic procedures that can be found in most western liberal democracies.

1. You don't interview someone without giving them a caution if you suspect them of having committed an offence.
2. You don't interview a juvenile without an adult present.
3. You don't hold out inducements to the suspect to confess.

Pretty damn basic.

Due to their negligence, he could end up going home to mom instead of getting the psychiatric help that he needs....that would be horrible i think?

Cops KNOW BETTER, even I knew a child under 18 can not be interogated without a parent present or relative or his or her own representation of the State....a guardian.

Due to their negligence, he could end up going home to mom instead of getting the psychiatric help that he needs....that would be horrible i think?

Cops KNOW BETTER, even I knew a child under 18 can not be interogated without a parent present or relative or his or her own representation of the State....a guardian.

Yep. I mean, the poor little kid has gone through quite a bit over the past few days......coming home and finding his father and father's room mate shot? Not only is he going to need therapy, but he's also going to need a lot of TLC to get over this.

And......the way that those two stupid bitches handled the initial interrogation was absolutely wrong. I'd even equate it to those other cops in their zeal to make arrests that repeatedly tasered suspects until they died. I think they did more mental damage to that little dude than him seeing his father and father's friend dead at the house, because the little guy didn't know what happened, he was trying to understand, and was intimidated into confessing. I watched the whole interview on Nancy Grace and was royally pissed.

I saw this last night on both Nancy Grace and AC360. This boy didn't have a relative or lawyer present, and they didn't read him his rights.

They also forgot about the white car that the boy saw when he came home that evening which was in front of his house and left rather quickly.

I hope these 2 bitches get fired from the force and are gang raped by demons in their dreams.

I totally agree...well, except for that last part! :eek:

Does anyone know the details on this murder?

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/11/us/11child.html

The shootings occurred Wednesday afternoon in the two-story home in St. Johns, about 200 miles northeast of Phoenix, where the boy lived with his father, Vincent Romero, 29. The deputy attorney for Apache County, Brad Carlyon, said Monday that the boy was taken to the police by his grandmother and initially considered a victim because he was believed to have discovered the men’s bodies.

But about 45 minutes into an hourlong police interview, Mr. Carlyon said, the boy confessed to shooting his father and a man who rented a room in the house, Timothy Romans, 39, of San Carlos, Ariz.

The police arrived at the house one minute after receiving a phone call from a neighbor at 5:08 p.m., Chief Melnick said. Both men were dead. The chief said the boy was not immediately taken into custody. “He was considered a witness,” Chief Melnick said.

A secretary for the boy’s lawyer, Benjamin Brewer, said Mr. Brewer was in court all day Monday and could not be reached for comment. Mr. Brewer has said that neither he nor the boy’s family was present for the questioning and that the boy was not read his rights. He is being held at the Apache County Juvenile Detention Center.

What were the dad and his man friend doing when the boy arrived? Was the father committing adultery acts when he arrived, which startled him into homophobic rage and cause him to react by shooting them?

I wonder if "The First 48" will do this murder case.

What were the dad and his man friend doing when the boy arrived? Was the father committing adultery acts when he arrived, which startled him into homophobic rage and cause him to react by shooting them?

I wonder if "The First 48" will do this murder case.

My God, where did you get that idea? Have you been speaking to Sunni Mouse? :lol:

Mr. Romero, who was divorced from the boy’s mother, had recently remarried and had custody of his son. Mr. Romero was the first victim, investigators said, shot in the head and chest as he walked up a staircase inside the house shortly after 5 p.m.

Maybe he thought the naked man on top of his father in bed was hurting him and he just started shooting wildly to stop the attack!! :cool:

Uh, I think that's just your imagination gone wild again SM!

Thanks for the rep points, though...I'm glad I made you laugh at yourself! :D

Uh, I think that's just your imagination gone wild again SM!

Thanks for the rep points, though...I'm glad I made you laugh at yourself! :D
I'll be glad when the "real" story about the shooting and the little boys role in it comes out.

Being the father of several boys. I felt soo sad when I heard the voice of the child on the interview tape.

For God's sake, he's just a little boy. Sad, so sad.........................

My God, where did you get that idea? Have you been speaking to Sunni Mouse? :lol:

Watching Nancy Grace and the Caylee Anthony's grandparents theories. They inspired me to come up with dumb ideas like the one i presented. Seriously, the grandparents said that the smell of human decomposition in the trunk was a result of a animal being run over and somehow magically the dead animal scent went into the trunk. The biggest one is not calling the cops until 31 days later when your child ends up missing (ever heard of the Amber law). Jesus!

Last edited:
Nice dodge away from the topic--which is that the police actions in obtaining the confession were illegal.

Maybe he thought the naked man on top of his father in bed was hurting him and he just started shooting wildly to stop the attack!! :cool:

Are you REALLY that stupid Sucking Moron The Rapist?

No, if you would have watched the whole interview, you would have seen that the little boy said he'd come home from school, and started to walk around the block 9 times (which he does regularly, people have seen him before). He said that he then came home and saw 1 man in the truck, went inside, and then saw his dad.

Now......45 MINUTES LATER.....after constant badgering by the 2 bitch ass cops, they'd asked if he may have accidentally shot him, and then started to press him (pretty severely I might add), as to how he shot them. THEN is when he said that he thought his father was suffering and that he shot him to stop his suffering.

Nope.......the court should throw out the confession and start over.

And......like I said.......I hope those 2 women lose their jobs TOMORROW, and are gang-raped by demons tonight.

I was abused as a child up until I was 12. I feel for this kid.

Forum List

Back