8-Year-Old Charged For Sexual Conduct With Sitter

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by insein, Jul 31, 2005.

1. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    http://kutv.com/topstories/local_story_210004013.html

Who thinks this boy will be scarred for life? I mean its not like he's never touched breasts before. I can see a natural motherly overeaction but the police for a 14 year old baby-sitter? Come on. Just fire her, dont recommend her to your friends and move on.

Im sorry but why do people insist on involving the police in trivial matters. If the girl raped the boy thats one thing, but "touched her breasts?" The boy was bragging about it cause he thought it was the coolest thing that ever happened to him. If he was smart he would have kept his mouth shut so he could have kept that baby sitter. ;) But he is 8.

And why the hell did they file a lewd conduct against an 8 year old!!!? This whole story is retarded to me.

2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    That is just weird. Granted the babysitter is NOT one I'd hire, but while the boy was 8, the girl was only 14. Depending on her maturity, she may have seen this as no more than playing 'doctor' with truth or dare rules. NOT appropriate for an 8 year old, but since it seems that is ALL that happened, I think it's blown way out of proportion.

3. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356

thats usually what happens when police get involved in personal matters.

4. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    It took the numbskull parent to get the police involved. If that were my 8 year old boy, I would have told the girl I wouldn't need her again and why. I would have informed her that her parents were going to hear from me. Then would call them, telling them I would want to know if my daughter or son had shown poor judgement, but not "an end of the world" mistake. If they understood that they needed to talk with their daughter, that would be the end of it.

If the parents were unconcerned, I would have let my neighbors know what happened, so they were warned about the babysitter.

5. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Playing Doctor is now a sexual crime instead of exploration by the innocent in today's overreactive, PC society. Look for two 6-7 years old to be led away in shackles to get front page headlines any day now. :smoke:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Mr. P

Mr. P Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +620
    A fine example of what our parenting and society has come to.
    If something happens don't fix it yourself, just CALL THE GOVERNMENT, they can REALLY screw things up. GEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZ people just don't think anymore. :blowup:

7. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,217
    First, because she could move it up to rape at some later sitting. so she probably should be disciplined in some why now.

Second, We are talking about Utah here. Its not like the cops are busy.

8. Bullypulpit

Bullypulpit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +379
    Not just the police, but government in general.

9. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    Why couldn't I have babysitters like this?

:laugh:

10. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,233
    First off, an EIGHT YEAR OLD hasn't got the comprehension to even EQUATE the breast touching as SEXUAL. He was probably just thinking... "cool". There's nothing even remotely going on sexually inside an eight year olds brain. To charge him with "lewd conduct" was simply insane. I'll bet his mother had to explain to him what that meant.

Now the fourteen year old little slut that conned a little boy into playing with her tits, SHE knew what she was doing. She was probably some fatass little girl that couldn't get boys her age to come near her, so she tricked an innocent, unsuspecting little boy into playing with her cans.

I don't see any law broken here, or any real big deal. I'd have certainly called the girls parents and told them about what happened, and hoped they would have dealt with her. In any case, she would NOT have been back to my house.

As far as my eight year old son, I'd have tried to explain to him that touching a girls breasts was not acceptable behavior in a casual manner, and hoped he understood.