8-Year-Old Charged For Sexual Conduct With Sitter

insein

Apr 10, 2004
Philadelphia, Amazing huh...
http://kutv.com/topstories/local_story_210004013.html

Who thinks this boy will be scarred for life? I mean its not like he's never touched breasts before. I can see a natural motherly overeaction but the police for a 14 year old baby-sitter? Come on. Just fire her, dont recommend her to your friends and move on.

8-Year-Old Charged For Sexual Conduct With Sitter

(KUTV) SALT LAKE CITY, Utah A mother is upset after a 14-year-old babysitter engaged in sexual conduct with her eight-year-old boy, and the eight-year-old was charged with lewd conduct.

Prosecutors have since dropped the charges against the boy, but his mother is still concerned.

The sexual conduct occurred during a game of “truth or dare” while the boy was being watched by the babysitter.

Prosecutors say that, while the babysitter initiated the contact, the young boy was a willing participant.

“She dared my son to touch her breasts,” says Michelle Grosbeck, the boy’s mother.oh my the horror

After hiring the teenager to baby sit, Grosbeck got the feeling something was wrong.

“It was just that sense that something wasn’t quite right with this 14-year-old girl,” she said. She asked her son what had happened. “He just came right out as if nothing was awry, and just started talking about what had happened.”

Grosbeck went to police and child protection workers, and the case went to the district attorney, after which her son, age eight, had been charged with an act of lewdness with a minor.

Grosbeck says the Salt Lake County District Attorney told her both the child and teenager were equal participants. But Mrs. Grosbeck didn’t believe that.

“My son is eight, he’s a little boy. He does not have the ability to participate on the same level as a fourteen-year-old,” she said.

Although the charges against her son were dropped, she is concerned that the same thing could happen to other victims of sexual abuse.

“I don’t want parents to be afraid to go to the state agencies that are supposed to be protecting our children when things like this happen, out of fear that their children are going to be charged

The district attorney’s office confirmed the charges had been made, and that they had been dropped. Other than that, they wouldn’t comment. The Division of Child and Family Services also declined to comment.

Im sorry but why do people insist on involving the police in trivial matters. If the girl raped the boy thats one thing, but "touched her breasts?" The boy was bragging about it cause he thought it was the coolest thing that ever happened to him. If he was smart he would have kept his mouth shut so he could have kept that baby sitter. ;) But he is 8.

And why the hell did they file a lewd conduct against an 8 year old!!!? This whole story is retarded to me.

That is just weird. Granted the babysitter is NOT one I'd hire, but while the boy was 8, the girl was only 14. Depending on her maturity, she may have seen this as no more than playing 'doctor' with truth or dare rules. NOT appropriate for an 8 year old, but since it seems that is ALL that happened, I think it's blown way out of proportion.

Kathianne said:
That is just weird. Granted the babysitter is NOT one I'd hire, but while the boy was 8, the girl was only 14. Depending on her maturity, she may have seen this as no more than playing 'doctor' with thruth or dare rules. NOT appropriate for an 8 year old, but since it seems that is ALL that happened, I think it's blown way out of proportion.

thats usually what happens when police get involved in personal matters.

insein said:
thats usually what happens when police get involved in personal matters.

It took the numbskull parent to get the police involved. If that were my 8 year old boy, I would have told the girl I wouldn't need her again and why. I would have informed her that her parents were going to hear from me. Then would call them, telling them I would want to know if my daughter or son had shown poor judgement, but not "an end of the world" mistake. If they understood that they needed to talk with their daughter, that would be the end of it.

If the parents were unconcerned, I would have let my neighbors know what happened, so they were warned about the babysitter.

Kathianne said:
That is just weird. Granted the babysitter is NOT one I'd hire, but while the boy was 8, the girl was only 14. Depending on her maturity, she may have seen this as no more than playing 'doctor' with truth or dare rules. NOT appropriate for an 8 year old, but since it seems that is ALL that happened, I think it's blown way out of proportion.

Playing Doctor is now a sexual crime instead of exploration by the innocent in today's overreactive, PC society. Look for two 6-7 years old to be led away in shackles to get front page headlines any day now. :smoke:

A fine example of what our parenting and society has come to.
If something happens don't fix it yourself, just CALL THE GOVERNMENT, they can REALLY screw things up. GEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZ people just don't think anymore. :blowup:

insein said:
http://kutv.com/topstories/local_story_210004013.html

Who thinks this boy will be scarred for life? I mean its not like he's never touched breasts before. I can see a natural motherly overeaction but the police for a 14 year old baby-sitter? Come on. Just fire her, dont recommend her to your friends and move on.

Im sorry but why do people insist on involving the police in trivial matters. If the girl raped the boy thats one thing, but "touched her breasts?" The boy was bragging about it cause he thought it was the coolest thing that ever happened to him. If he was smart he would have kept his mouth shut so he could have kept that baby sitter. ;) But he is 8.

And why the hell did they file a lewd conduct against an 8 year old!!!? This whole story is retarded to me.

First, because she could move it up to rape at some later sitting. so she probably should be disciplined in some why now.

Second, We are talking about Utah here. Its not like the cops are busy.

First off, an EIGHT YEAR OLD hasn't got the comprehension to even EQUATE the breast touching as SEXUAL. He was probably just thinking... "cool". There's nothing even remotely going on sexually inside an eight year olds brain. To charge him with "lewd conduct" was simply insane. I'll bet his mother had to explain to him what that meant.

Now the fourteen year old little slut that conned a little boy into playing with her tits, SHE knew what she was doing. She was probably some fatass little girl that couldn't get boys her age to come near her, so she tricked an innocent, unsuspecting little boy into playing with her cans.

I don't see any law broken here, or any real big deal. I'd have certainly called the girls parents and told them about what happened, and hoped they would have dealt with her. In any case, she would NOT have been back to my house.

As far as my eight year old son, I'd have tried to explain to him that touching a girls breasts was not acceptable behavior in a casual manner, and hoped he understood.

No wonder our society is falling apart and going down the sewer - a District Attorney charging a little 8 year old boy with sexual lewdness with his 14 year old babysitter? Unbelievable! Or is he a liberal proponent of underage sex and marriage? This guy needs to get fired if he is that stupid and has such poor judgement.

A 14 year old babysitter knows full well that what she is doing is wrong (or are we that gone?). Obviously her mind is full of sexual junk she gets from school, television, the movies, magazines, etc. and is acting out inappropriate impulses she has learned from society in general. Another example of the unraveling of morality in our culture.

Like Pale Rider said, an 8 year old child is only a child who doesn't have any true understanding of what is going except perhaps that it is "cool" or "naughty". He has not even reached the age of puberty like his 14 year old babysitter has. His mother put him in the care of a teenager expecting her to treat him as the 8 year old he is - not like another 14 year old experimenting with sex. The girl should have known better.

The mother was right in her evaluation that something was wrong. What the 14 year old baby sitter did WAS wrong and it needed to be addressed. The mother probably overreacted by rushing to the public authorities, but I can't blame her for her overreaction to protect her child. Instead of notifying the authorities she could have first have taken the matter to the girl's parents. Then if she did not get any good response from that, she could have taken it to the next step and notified the authorities.

The governmental response of course was totally out of proportion and totally wrong in charging the 8 year old for anything. That kind of idiotic response is what makes many people hesitate to go for help when they really should.

ScreamingEagle said:
The mother was right in her evaluation that something was wrong. What the 14 year old baby sitter did WAS wrong and it needed to be addressed. The mother probably overreacted by rushing to the public authorities, but I can't blame her for her overreaction to protect her child. Instead of notifying the authorities she could have first have taken the matter to the girl's parents. Then if she did not get any good response from that, she could have taken it to the next step and notified the authorities.

The governmental response of course was totally out of proportion and totally wrong in charging the 8 year old for anything. That kind of idiotic response is what makes many people hesitate to go for help when they really should.

Doesnt seem like many people are "hesitating". Last i checked they higher more suburban cops everyday and for what? Because crime is at an all-time high? Because domestic disturbances are running rampant? NO its because people invovle the police in dumbass matters that should be solved by themselves. However idiots that grow up with the government as their nanny dont know any other alternative.

So for every screwball situation, some dumbass politician decides to make it his/her earmark and passes a new useless law such as "The child protection from babysitters act". They create these vague laws then higher thousands of cops to enforce them but hunting down whatever they see that could be out of the ordinary so that they can prosecute regular citizens and make them pay ridiculous amounts of money to prove their innocence.

Forum List

Back