8 things to stop mass shooters, that won't stop mass shooters, and are pretty dumb ideas....

Like I said cops do not prevent crime.

What is it that you do not understand about that?

You said show up after clearly. But like in Orlando they were there and killer too heavily armed.

So they were there in the hotel room before he started shooting?

That's the only way they could have prevented it.

Cops react to crime which by definition means the crime has to happen first.

get it?

And he would have killed a whole lot less with a derringer.
And he could have killed a lot more with a big truck and a snow plow

Again we can close roads. Can use barriers and spike strips. But you want every option available to killers.

Run flat tires or how about driving over the grass or sidewalks.

Like I said NOTHING you do will stop a person hell bent on murder.

I want options available to law abiding people. The minute they stop being law abiding people I want them in jail.

So when you can predict the future and tell me who is going to be a murderer and who isn't you let me know OK?

Last edited:
The anti gunners think they are pretty clever....here is another one. He lists 8 things to stop future mass public shooters....and none of them would stop a mass shooter........but don't let that stop him...

Democrats Have No Idea How To Prevent Mass Shootings

Strong gun control has reduced mass shootings. We are only civilized country with this problem. Everywhere else it is rare or requires a terrorist group.

No....that is a lie...a complete lie. They didn't stop mass shootings in Australia or Britain and they got rid of all of their guns....

Yes...terrorists.......people who have been monitored by police in countries where guns are completely banned...and they still got guns....military guns that fire fully automatic, with grenades...

This isn't helping your gun control argument.

The anti gunners think they are pretty clever....here is another one. He lists 8 things to stop future mass public shooters....and none of them would stop a mass shooter........but don't let that stop him...

Strong gun control has reduced mass shootings. We are only civilized country with this problem. Everywhere else it is rare or requires a terrorist group.

Tell that to the victims of the Norwegian and Paris shootings. Both had more fatalities. You are factually wrong on all counts and both of those countries have gun laws that you would swoon over.

Norway was a one time event. Nothing before or since. We have these regularly. Paris required a terrorist group and had many shooters. Both countries have much lower homicide rates than us. And they don't have police shot and killed weekly.

And all of those terrorists were on terrorist watch lists and got military guns...actual military guns which are completely illegal in France.....again, your gun control argument is not working when you use Paris....

Where are you getting "Democrat"?

Where in fact do you see any citation of a political party at all?
LOL! Only an idiot democrat would even think it.

“8. Invest in research to see what interventions will be more effective in reducing gun deaths. We know, for example, that alcohol and guns don’t mix, but we don’t know precisely what laws would be most effective in reducing the resulting toll. Similar investments in reducing other kinds of accidental deaths have been very effective.”

One part alcohol, 3 parts gun!

Tell that to the victims of the Norwegian and Paris shootings. Both had more fatalities. You are factually wrong on all counts and both of those countries have gun laws that you would swoon over.

Norway was a one time event. Nothing before or since. We have these regularly. Paris required a terrorist group and had many shooters. Both countries have much lower homicide rates than us. And they don't have police shot and killed weekly.

Wrong again silly boy. We have a population greater than ALL of Europe combined. When you look at Europe they have just as much violence as we do, and it is increasing. Furthermore we have an illegal immigrant population (where the vast majority of violent crime originates) that is more than twice the population of Norway as a whole. Like I sad, you are factually wrong in every respect.

You claimed that draconian gun laws prevent mass shootings. You are wrong. Or you are lying. I'll let you choose which applies to you.

Nothing I said was false. You clearly have no problem lying however. Shall we compare homicide rates with Europe?

Everything you said was false. And now I know you are nothing more than a propagandist. Which is a fancy way of saying you're a liar for hire.

It isn't even close.

26 Gun murders (equiv. 130) in England vs. *11,004* in US Annually

Their criminals have guns...they are using more guns all the time...they don't murder their victims....that is the only difference....since they banned and confiscated guns...their gun crime rate has only gone up....ours went down...

Culture of violence: Gun crime goes up by 89% in a decade | Daily Mail Online

The latest Government figures show that the total number of firearm offences in England and Wales has increased from 5,209 in 1998/99 to 9,865 last year - a rise of 89 per cent.

The number of people injured or killed by guns, excluding air weapons, has increased from 864 in 1998/99 to a provisional figure of 1,760 in 2008/09, an increase of 104 per cent .

========

Crime rise is biggest in a decade, ONS figures show

Ministers will also be concerned that the country is becoming increasingly violent in nature, with gun crime rising 23% to 6,375 offences, largely driven by an increase in the use of handguns.

=========

Gun crime in London increases by 42% - BBC News

Gun crime offences in London surged by 42% in the last year, according to official statistics.

I've never known anyone who needed a fire extinguisher either.

When was the last mass killing by fire extinguisher?

I don't know of one.

You can seize my gun and leave my family and I at the mercy of violent thugs. It won't stop the next mass killing.

Don't be so scared. I'm at the mercy of thugs every day and am just fine.

So you OPPOSE people being able to carry a gun on their body, right? Do you also oppose them being able to have a gun in their car? What about their home?

I didn't say any of that. Violent crime is rising as concealed carry increases however. I would say right now we need a ban again on high capacity magazines. Only pupose is mass killing.

That is a lie...again....

This is the truth....

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 16.3 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%
--gun crime down 75%
--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.
Hard Data, Hollow Protests

The reason for the current increase is what I have called the Ferguson Effect.

Cops are backing off of proactive policing in high-crime minority neighborhoods, and criminals are becoming emboldened.

Having been told incessantly by politicians, the media, and Black Lives Matter activists that they are bigoted for getting out of their cars and questioning someone loitering on a known drug corner at 2 AM, many officers are instead just driving by. Such stops are discretionary; cops don’t have to make them. And when political elites demonize the police for just such proactive policing, we shouldn’t be surprised when cops get the message and do less of it.

Seventy-two percent of the nation’s officers say that they and their colleagues are now less willing to stop and question suspicious persons, according to a Pew Research poll released in January. The reason is the persistent anti-cop climate.

Four studies came out in 2016 alone rebutting the charge that police shootings are racially biased. If there is a bias in police shootings, it works in favor of blacks and against whites. That truth has not stopped the ongoing demonization of the police—including, now, by many of the country’s ignorant professional athletes. The toll will be felt, as always, in the inner city, by the thousands of law-abiding people there who desperately want more police protection.

Not having armed guards on site, armed with scoped sniper rifles and AR-15's is to blame for this, not the guns. When you gather 30,000 people into a tightly packed area, you have to defend them with armed guards.

One guy with a well placed sniper shot could have taken this guy out within seconds.

And they would find him in the dark how?

Videos showed muzzle flashes. If you have to, shoot at the muzzle flashes. The side of the Mandalay bay resort is lit anyway, a good sniper could have taken him out. You don't think cops are trained in sniping at night?

You only fire at the window thats broken that has muzzle flashes coming out of it. I could see which windows were broken with the naked eye, much less with a high power scope.

Some stupid liberals were asking "what happened to the CC holders, why didn't they shoot back? They are supposed to be heros but were running like pussies".

1. Guns were not allowed at this concert. So CC holders who were actually following the law (yes there are a few of them left) wouldn't have had a gun to shoot back.

2. The shooter was over 400 yards away, CC means a handgun, they are useless at 400 yards.

With all the chaos going on you think he would have quickly found and shot him. Sure.

So rather than gun control which works we need more snipers. Funny.

cartoon63.jpg

Yep, I myself keep a can of gasoline handy in case something I'm cooking catches fire. So I can douse it.

'Scuse me a moment............. :banghead:

Yeah, except, dumb ass....what was the first thing they did to end this attack...shit stain....they sent in lots of guys with guns..........do you practice at being this stupid?

And when you are getting raped......do you say...hey...I need a teddy bear...or do you need a gun? Moron.

The problem isn't the guns. It's the people.

Like I said, we have an obesity epidemic. Shall we ban all forks? The problem is, we have too much access to eating utensils.

You make it easy to be a mass killer. Easy things happen more often.
I just told you it wasn't easy. We literally have thousands of laws about guns and their misuse, and the barriers to acquiring them.

A background check is difficult? Ok princess.
That is all anyone is required to do and if you have a criminal background, yes, it is difficult. Many states don't even allow you to walk out of the shop with a gun on the same day.

Your belief that access to guns is easy is just another delusion.

Yes that is all. Not much at all. I could easily and legally go buy any gun right now.
A gun that you have an absolute right to own.

Not having armed guards on site, armed with scoped sniper rifles and AR-15's is to blame for this, not the guns. When you gather 30,000 people into a tightly packed area, you have to defend them with armed guards.

One guy with a well placed sniper shot could have taken this guy out within seconds.

And they would find him in the dark how?

Videos showed muzzle flashes. If you have to, shoot at the muzzle flashes. The side of the Mandalay bay resort is lit anyway, a good sniper could have taken him out. You don't think cops are trained in sniping at night?

You only fire at the window thats broken that has muzzle flashes coming out of it. I could see which windows were broken with the naked eye, much less with a high power scope.

Some stupid liberals were asking "what happened to the CC holders, why didn't they shoot back? They are supposed to be heros but were running like pussies".

1. Guns were not allowed at this concert. So CC holders who were actually following the law (yes there are a few of them left) wouldn't have had a gun to shoot back.

2. The shooter was over 400 yards away, CC means a handgun, they are useless at 400 yards.

With all the chaos going on you think he would have quickly found and shot him. Sure.

So rather than gun control which works we need more snipers. Funny.
You can claim that gun control works for the rest of your life, but that doesn't make it true.

Okay, he's a Republican op-ed writer for the NYT and CNN contributer who champions a social safety net and universal health care. Sometimes something doesn't have to be explicitly stated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So where do you get "Republican"? It's the same question.

It could be that there's a legitimate answer to either one; I don't know, but I couldn't find one. I ask because I got immediately suspicious upon reading the OP's proper adjective. I know from past experience that he's probably pulling it out of his ass. So I give him a chance to prove me wrong. And he can't.

So yes, if your objective is to propagate an Association Fallacy by explicitly stating a specific adjective, it absolutely ***DOES*** have to have something backing it up. You can for instance describe the author as a writer for the New York Times. That's provable. You can link to it.

More to the point, where do either of you get this cockamamie idea that everybody belongs to a political party at all?

We live in a bifurcated world, in which most people who give a flying rat's patoot about politics identify with one of the major parties. No,I don't have concrete evidence that this guy belongs to one party or the other, but the majority of American "journalists" identify with the democrats. This guy is clearly left leaning, and the odds are that he is a democrat. I was being tongue in cheek by sarcastically suggesting that he was a Republican. Obviously, he is not. I would posit, though, that his sympathies would lie on the democrat side of the fence.

I know you were, but it's the same idiocy as the original idiocy to pretend that the world exists as some idiotic dichotomy like that. I for one belong to the largest political party faction in these United States, which is "NONE".

Aside from that obvious point, while condeding the one ass-umption you've injected several more, to wit: "this guy is clearly left leaning" and "the odds are that he is a democrat [sic]". Bullshit. What you have here is an "Everybody Knows X, therefore X is true" fallacy. Nothing more.

The bottom line still is, if you make an assertion you'd better be ready to back it up. With something a bit more tangible than "it seems likely" or "everybody knows" --- and then submit as your evidence a Wiki page that never mentions it at all.

I've cited several things that support the idea that he leans to the left.

Okay, he's a Republican op-ed writer for the NYT and CNN contributer who champions a social safety net and universal health care. Sometimes something doesn't have to be explicitly stated.

So where do you get "Republican"? It's the same question.

It could be that there's a legitimate answer to either one; I don't know, but I couldn't find one. I ask because I got immediately suspicious upon reading the OP's proper adjective. I know from past experience that he's probably pulling it out of his ass. So I give him a chance to prove me wrong. And he can't.

So yes, if your objective is to propagate an Association Fallacy by explicitly stating a specific adjective, it absolutely ***DOES*** have to have something backing it up. You can for instance describe the author as a writer for the New York Times. That's provable. You can link to it.

More to the point, where do either of you get this cockamamie idea that everybody belongs to a political party at all?

We live in a bifurcated world, in which most people who give a flying rat's patoot about politics identify with one of the major parties. No,I don't have concrete evidence that this guy belongs to one party or the other, but the majority of American "journalists" identify with the democrats. This guy is clearly left leaning, and the odds are that he is a democrat. I was being tongue in cheek by sarcastically suggesting that he was a Republican. Obviously, he is not. I would posit, though, that his sympathies would lie on the democrat side of the fence.

I know you were, but it's the same idiocy as the original idiocy to pretend that the world exists as some idiotic dichotomy like that. I for one belong to the largest political party faction in these United States, which is "NONE".

Aside from that obvious point, while condeding the one ass-umption you've injected several more, to wit: "this guy is clearly left leaning" and "the odds are that he is a democrat [sic]". Bullshit. What you have here is an "Everybody Knows X, therefore X is true" fallacy. Nothing more.

The bottom line still is, if you make an assertion you'd better be ready to back it up. With something a bit more tangible than "it seems likely" or "everybody knows" --- and then submit as your evidence a Wiki page that never mentions it at all.

I've cited several things that support the idea that he leans to the left.

The claim was, specifically, "Democrat" -- not "left".

The former is quantifiable. A one or a zero. Is or isn't. The latter meanwhile is relative. He might be 'left' compared to someone else, 'right' compared to another, and he may be somewhere else on some other issue. But NONE of those makes him a member of a political party. Nor is he required to be a member thereof, NOR IS ANYBODY.

There's no evidence for it, therefore the OP has his head up his ass --- but that is where he usually keeps it.

We should enact "gun control" measures on ISIS first.

How well do you see that playing out?

If gun control "works" according to you liberals, why has Britians violent crime rate skyrocketed since guns were banned?

Fewer guns =/= Fewer mad men

Forum List

Back