8 things to stop mass shooters, that won't stop mass shooters, and are pretty dumb ideas....

I noticed that noting was said about enforcing the thousands of gun laws we already have on the books or adopting a zero tolerance for all crimes committed while in the possession of a gun that is backed up by stiff mandatory sentences to be served with no parole.
How many mass shootings would that stop?

You suggesting cops aren't enforcing laws?

Laws are not being enforced.

Gun charges are dropped, or pleaded down to lesser offenses all the time. Violent pieces of shit aren't serving meaningful sentences for their crimes.

How many mass shootings would any of those things on the stupid list stop?

None that's how many.

Laws do not and cannot stop a crime from being committed
Are they? Link?

Gun control sure has worked in other countries.
In Delaware, 71% of gun charges are dropped

Arrests in Baltimore for illegal guns often lead to dropped charges or little jail time

Records show half of all violent felon gun charges are dismissed

I noticed that noting was said about enforcing the thousands of gun laws we already have on the books or adopting a zero tolerance for all crimes committed while in the possession of a gun that is backed up by stiff mandatory sentences to be served with no parole.

Gun charges are dropped, or pleaded down to lesser offenses all the time. Violent pieces of shit aren't serving meaningful sentences for their crimes.

None that's how many.

Yes, U.S. locks people up at a higher rate than any other country

Sounds like we have a lot of people locked up. Maybe we just have too many guns...

Killing people with guns is already illegal. The few we do have, those laws did not stop them.

Blaming the gun for killers is like you blaming your fork for being fat.

None that's how many.

Are they? Link?

Arrests in Baltimore for illegal guns often lead to dropped charges or little jail time

From your link
Defense Attorney Ralph Staples, who has beaten several SVF charges on behalf of his clients, said investigators tend to throw a wide net when several people are arrested in the vicinity of a gun and then wait for forensic results to pursue charges against the right suspect.

“I’m one of four guys in a car. There’s dope in the car. There’s a gun in the car. The dope belongs to somebody. The gun belongs to somebody, not all four of us.

None that's how many.

Are they? Link?

From your link
Defense Attorney Ralph Staples, who has beaten several SVF charges on behalf of his clients, said investigators tend to throw a wide net when several people are arrested in the vicinity of a gun and then wait for forensic results to pursue charges against the right suspect.

“I’m one of four guys in a car. There’s dope in the car. There’s a gun in the car. The dope belongs to somebody. The gun belongs to somebody, not all four of us.

That was only for a PORTION of the arrests not all of them

Killing people with guns is already illegal. The few we do have, those laws did not stop them.

So you think easy access to mass killing guns is a good idea? Easy tends to increase how often something happens. It's easy to eat and get fat, not so easy to lose the weight.

Last edited:
The anti gunners think they are pretty clever....here is another one. He lists 8 things to stop future mass public shooters....and none of them would stop a mass shooter........but don't let that stop him...

Democrats Have No Idea How To Prevent Mass Shootings

Where are you getting "Democrat"?

Where in fact do you see any citation of a political party at all?

Because its the very first word in the title of his article??

I think its interesting that liberals cite a drop in gun violence in Australia after they banned guns and confiscated them from law abiding citizens but forget to mention a similar drop in gun crimes in America in the same time frame despite a huge increase in gun ownership here. I guess that can be known as an "inconvenient truth."

None that's how many.

Are they? Link?

From your link

What is our violent criminal incarceration rate vs other countries?

The anti gunners think they are pretty clever....here is another one. He lists 8 things to stop future mass public shooters....and none of them would stop a mass shooter........but don't let that stop him...

Yep, that's the title. And it has no documentation.

In other words the OP saw a fake title he wished to be true and parroted it without bothering to vet it. That's why he's in the position he's in right now.

And tomorrow ---------------------- he'll just do it again and expect different results.

I think its interesting that liberals cite a drop in gun violence in Australia after they banned guns and confiscated them from law abiding citizens but forget to mention a similar drop in gun crimes in America in the same time frame despite a huge increase in gun ownership here. I guess that can be known as an "inconvenient truth."

Wouldn't know. I've never brought it up. Why are you against green Toyotas?

Yep, that's the title. And it has no documentation.

What the fuck are you talking about? The person that wrote the god damned article and came up with the 8 talking points is this man: A known liberal and CNN contributor:

Nicholas Kristof - Wikipedia

It really helps to actually READ the article and know WTF you're talking about lest you come out looking like a moron.

So you think easy access to mass killing guns is a good idea? Easy tends to increase how often something happens. It's easy to eat and get fat, not so easy to lose the weight.

The "mass killing" argument while great for emotional thinkers who are swayed by shock value falls apart when you realize that 1% of all murder occurs in mass shootings.

My truck and snow plow can easily be a "mass killing" weapon if I want them to be.

So you are think easy access to mass killing guns is a good idea? Easy tends to increase how often something happens. It's easy to eat and get fat, not so easy to lose the weight.
Lets start with this nonsense of "mass killing guns". He had semi-automatic weapons, some of which were converted to automatic. None of the guns he had were easily accessed, were they? In each case, he had to have a background check performed, which he did. In every case, he passed that background check.

Next let's tackle this talking point about mass killings. First, the metric for mass killings is all over the place and there is no set definition. So, people like you will use whatever metric you want to make whatever point you have seemed reasonable, but your points are not reasonable.

Finally, the entire discussion has to be taken in with an eye to the entire context of the incident. In a nation of 100+ million guns, 99% of which are NOT used in any kind of criminal activity, it is nothing more than a coward's knee-jerk reaction to a horrific incident. There are tools Americans use in every day life that kill far more per year than guns.

BTW....the argument that guns are only made to kill whereas other tools are not is not even a valid argument. Any tool can be made to kill, it isn't the use of the tool that matters, but its misuse.

So, unless you are willing to severely curtail the liberties of 200+ million Americans for no gain in security, I suggest you look to the other reasons that we have these kinds of incidents.

None that's how many.

Are they? Link?

From your link

Don't know don't care.

I know the average sentence served in the USA for a violent criminal offence is less than 5 years.

You mean the period after bill Clinton passed his crime bill and gun control?

ooh... I know, you can treat white male Christian terrorists like muslim terrorists, since they've kill a lot more people in this country than muslims since 9/11

nutter butter.... thanks for the NRA talking points.

The "mass killing" argument while great for emotional thinkers who are swayed by shock value falls apart when you realize that 1% of all murder occurs in mass shootings.

My truck and snow plow can easily be a "mass killing" weapon if I want them to be.

So you want mass killers to have all options available?

It's easy to close roads for big events.

From your link

Don't know don't care.

I know the average sentence served in the USA for a violent criminal offence is less than 5 years.
You argument is dependent on it. Seems your argument is weak.

So you want mass killers to have all options available?

It's easy to close roads for big events.

It's easy to drive through sawhorses used to close roads too.

I don't know how many times I have to tell you this but no law will stop a person hell bent on murder from committing murder.

And telling people who will never commit murder that they can't have a gun because someone else might kill someone with a gun is beyond stupid

So you are think easy access to mass killing guns is a good idea? Easy tends to increase how often something happens. It's easy to eat and get fat, not so easy to lose the weight.
Lets start with this nonsense of "mass killing guns". He had semi-automatic weapons, some of which were converted to automatic. None of the guns he had were easily accessed, were they? In each case, he had to have a background check performed, which he did. In every case, he passed that background check.

Next let's tackle this talking point about mass killings. First, the metric for mass killings is all over the place and there is no set definition. So, people like you will use whatever metric you want to make whatever point you have seemed reasonable, but your points are not reasonable.

Finally, the entire discussion has to be taken in with an eye to the entire context of the incident. In a nation of 100+ million guns, 99% of which are NOT used in any kind of criminal activity, it is nothing more than a coward's knee-jerk reaction to a horrific incident. There are tools Americans use in every day life that kill far more per year than guns.

BTW....the argument that guns are only made to kill whereas other tools are not is not even a valid argument. Any tool can be made to kill, it isn't the use of the tool that matters, but its misuse.

So, unless you are willing to severely curtail the liberties of 200+ million Americans for no gain in security, I suggest you look to the other reasons that we have these kinds of incidents.

I'd like to have seen this killing done with a hammer.

He bought them legally, that is pretty easy.

Forum List

Back