8 arrested in Calif. city salary scandal

USAMomma

Jul 14, 2010
LOS ANGELES — The mayor and former city manager of Bell were led away in handcuffs Tuesday, charged with six other officials with taking more than $5.5 million from the working-class suburb in a scandal that triggered nationwide outrage and calls for more transparency in government.
Former City Manager Robert Rizzo, Mayor Oscar Hernandez and the other current and former city officials were rounded up during morning raids on their homes that prompted many of their neighbors to burst into cheers.

They were charged with dozens of counts of illegally paying themselves huge salaries in what District Attorney Steve Cooley called a case of "corruption on steroids."

8 arrested in Calif. city salary scandal - U.S. news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com

Tar and feathering and working a chain gang is almost too nice for these a$$holes imho

...and this is a start. Now, for the City Of San Diego Corruptico Politico...another good move to be me thinks!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE&ob=av3e"]'Another One Bites the Dust'[/ame]

Now if we can just rid ourselves of these other career crony corrupt democrats. Democrats will seek out the most power hungry greedy communist nepotistic scum available & vote them into office. In Missouri they voted in a dead man Mel Carnahan for senator & had his wife Jean Carnahan take his senate seat, Now democrats have voted 2 of his children into office. Russ Carnahan is their US House rep & Robin Carnahan Secretary of State. Now his daughter Robin Carnahan just won their primary for US Senate & Obama has been campaigning for her. Robin & Russ Carnahan also have another brother Tom Carnahan who just got $90 Million from the Stimulus Bill that his brother Russ voted into law. Crony Corruption & Nepotism is the Democratic Campaign Motto!!!

'Another One Bites the Dust'

Now if we can just rid ourselves of these other career crony corrupt democrats. Democrats will seek out the most power hungry greedy communist nepotistic scum available & vote them into office. In Missouri they voted in a dead man Mel Carnahan for senator & had his wife Jean Carnahan take his senate seat, Now democrats have voted 2 of his children into office. Russ Carnahan is their US House rep & Robin Carnahan Secretary of State. Now his daughter Robin Carnahan just won their primary for US Senate & Obama has been campaigning for her. Robin & Russ Carnahan also have another brother Tom Carnahan who just got $90 Million from the Stimulus Bill that his brother Russ voted into law. Crony Corruption & Nepotism is the Democratic Campaign Motto!!!

No mention of the Blunt dynasty?

Let this be just the beginning!!!
Where did they learn this looting???
Wall Street
Where a CEO gets millions annually for going to meetings and letting the board members stroke him. He gives the board memebers hundreds of thousands of dollars for part time jobs as meeting attenders.
let more corrupt city officials go down, then find a prosecuter in NY with a pair.

Wall Street
Where a CEO gets millions annually for going to meetings and letting the board members stroke him. He gives the board memebers hundreds of thousands of dollars for part time jobs as meeting attenders.
let more corrupt city officials go down, then find a prosecuter in NY with a pair.

If your dumb ass doesn't recognize the difference between what a private business does and what a city government does, you have issues.

Hint: You have issues.

Wall Street

If your dumb ass doesn't recognize the difference between what a private business does and what a city government does, you have issues.

I wouldn't expect a below average history major and current narc to understand high finance and boardroom procedures. You've got 100 times the issues I have cornNarc

Wall Street

I wouldn't expect a below average history major and current narc to understand high finance and boardroom procedures. You've got 100 times the issues I have cornNarc

Stupid childish insults about intelligence and education from you mean less than nothing. You have yet to write a post which makes sense.

high finance and board room procedures? What the fuck does that have to do with the fact that a private corporation is free to pay it's employees, including executives and board members whatever they would like , unlike a government who is supposedly accountable to the taxpayers?

Wall Street

I highly doubt that, topspin. You have serious issues that need to be addressed before you can move yourself forward.

LOS ANGELES — The mayor and former city manager of Bell were led away in handcuffs Tuesday, charged with six other officials with taking more than $5.5 million from the working-class suburb in a scandal that triggered nationwide outrage and calls for more transparency in government.
Former City Manager Robert Rizzo, Mayor Oscar Hernandez and the other current and former city officials were rounded up during morning raids on their homes that prompted many of their neighbors to burst into cheers.

They were charged with dozens of counts of illegally paying themselves huge salaries in what District Attorney Steve Cooley called a case of "corruption on steroids."

8 arrested in Calif. city salary scandal - U.S. news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com

Tar and feathering and working a chain gang is almost too nice for these a$$holes imho

...and this is a start. Now, for the City Of San Diego Corruptico Politico...another good move to be me thinks!

libturds be greedy little bastaroids donthey?

Question of the Day-

How many news orgs. networks etc. covered this and how many were noted by party affiliation?

Survey says........

1 thats ONE as in singular isolated by itself one is the loneliest number and all that jazz... .. ....I wonder if the Rangel or Waters, or fill in the blank _____________committee hearings start if they'll pull this crap?

to quote Dan Rather- this is the middle of the road media.....what a pathetic joke they have become.

Eight Dems Arrested in Bell, CA 'Corruption on Steroids' - Not a Single Mention of Party Affiliation From Media
By Lachlan Markay (Bio | Archive)
Tue, 09/21/2010 - 15:19 ET

Today, eight city council members were arrested in Bell, California for what Los Angeles County District Attorney labeled "corruption on steroids." Thus far, every major news outlet that has reported on the story has omitted the fact that all eight individuals arrested are Democrats.

These glaring omissions come only weeks after NewsBusters reported that of the 351 stories on the then-brewing controversy, 350 had omitted party affiliations, and one had mentioned they were Democrats only in apologizing for not doing so sooner.

ABC, CBS, the Los Angeles Times, the Associated Press, Bloomberg, USA Today, CNN, MSNBC, NPR, and the San Francisco Chronicle all reported on the arrests today without mentioning party affiliations.

Read more: Eight Dems Arrested in Bell, CA 'Corruption on Steroids' - Not a Single Mention of Party Affiliation From Media | NewsBusters.org

Last edited:
Question of the Day-

How many news orgs. networks etc. covered this and how many were noted party affilaition?

Survey says........

1 thats ONE as in singular isolated by itself one is the loneliest number and all that jazz... .. ....I wonder if the Rangel or Waters, or fill in the blank _____________committee hearings start if they'll pull this crap?

to quote Dan Rather- this is the middle of the road media.....what a pathetic joke they have become.

Eight Dems Arrested in Bell, CA 'Corruption on Steroids' - Not a Single Mention of Party Affiliation From Media
By Lachlan Markay (Bio | Archive)
Tue, 09/21/2010 - 15:19 ET

Today, eight city council members were arrested in Bell, California for what Los Angeles County District Attorney labeled "corruption on steroids." Thus far, every major news outlet that has reported on the story has omitted the fact that all eight individuals arrested are Democrats.

These glaring omissions come only weeks after NewsBusters reported that of the 351 stories on the then-brewing controversy, 350 had omitted party affiliations, and one had mentioned they were Democrats only in apologizing for not doing so sooner.

ABC, CBS, the Los Angeles Times, the Associated Press, Bloomberg, USA Today, CNN, MSNBC, NPR, and the San Francisco Chronicle all reported on the arrests today without mentioning party affiliations.

Read more: Eight Dems Arrested in Bell, CA 'Corruption on Steroids' - Not a Single Mention of Party Affiliation From Media | NewsBusters.org

Yep, if they were republicans, it would be on the front page of the NYT stating as such.

I have lived through two major public corruption scandals...the current one in Cleveland (where all the arrestees and convicts are Democrats) and one in Miami back in the 1990's.

Miami Wrestling With Corruption of Officials - NYTimes.com

I couldn't tell from the NY Times article whether the Miami criminals were Democrats (underscoring Trajan's point) but it seems to me that they were Republicans. Miami is predominately Cuban, and Cuban-Americans are overwhelmingly Republican. In any event, I don't think either party is full of sunshine and light; the problem seems to be one-party rule and cronyism.

In any event, it's a terrible thing. Cleveland is suffering, its schools and roads are falling apart, and the evil doers here were busy extorting bribes rather than doing their jobs. I've heard of similar corruption in Boston, Detroit and Chicago...the Bell California case is interesting just because I'm kinda surprised this happened in such a small town.

Sorry bout that,

1. Just shows you what will happen when you have a bunch of fucking libturds making the rules on pay scales.
2. Especially when its thier pay scales.
3. No different in DC, same greedy bastards up there too.
4. Just these liberals got caught *RED HANDED*.:clap2::clap2::clap2:
5. Get the money and chunk these bastards in jail!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Forum List

Back