$8,870 for a family of 3, anything over no medicaid, or if childless adults

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
no aid at all. Now tell me how a family of 3 can live on 8,870 a year?? Please explain this to me. All you conservative states who didn't expand Medicare, those Republican states that gave 10 shits for their people, and also worked so hard to defund Planned Parenthood, but are also pro life, explain this to me. I thought
the Republicans were conservative but that is only another word for stingy, and don't care if you die from hunger in the streets. I would of made a law those 19 states had to expand Medicaid.

Nope, Donald and Ryan are in favor of block grants, which means the above will be US wide unless a state can come up with money somehow to help people. While Donald lives high off the hog and most Republicans in Congress and members of his "transition team" they are there just wondering how much more they can fill their pocketbooks. Then again the poor chaps have government health insurance.

No wonder Donald loved "the poorly educated" (those who voted for him). Unless this man finds some heart, and the preachers around him are Evangelicals and rich off uneducated people as well, preying on them, like Donald preyed on you, I doubt that.

You are all at any given time able to loose everything for an illness, hope you got a good job that does not lay you off, and you are not considered over the hill at 50, or have lots of money,then good for you, the medium income for a family of 4 is 54,000 (last I read) and at jobs who only work employees part time due to not wanting to pay health insurance, good luck. You will be eating like feral cats.(me)

As of September 2016, 19 states had not expanded their programs. Medicaid eligibility for adults in states that did not expand their programs is quite limited: the median income limit for parents in 2016 is just 44% of poverty, or an annual income of $8,870 a year for a family of three, and in nearly all states not expanding, childless adults remain ineligible.2 Further, because the ACA envisioned low-income people receiving coverage through Medicaid, it does not provide financial assistance to people below poverty for other coverage options. As a result, in states that do not expand Medicaid, many adults fall into a “coverage gap” of having incomes above Medicaid eligibility limits but below the lower limit for Marketplace premium tax credits (Figure 1).How Many Uninsured People Who Could Have Been Eligible for Medicaid Are in the Coverage Gap?

Nationally, more than two and a half million3 poor uninsured adults fall into the “coverage gap” that results from state decisions not to expand Medicaid, meaning their income is above current Medicaid eligibility but below the lower limit for Marketplace premium tax credits. These individuals would have been newly-eligible for Medicaid had their state chosen to expand coverage.

Adults left in the coverage gap due to current state decisions not to expand Medicaid are spread across the states not expanding their Medicaid programs but are concentrated in states with the largest uninsured populations. More than a quarter of people in the coverage gap reside in Texas, which has both a large uninsured population and very limited Medicaid eligibility (Figure 2). Eighteen percent live in Florida, twelve percent in Georgia, and eight percent in North Carolina.
(These are bible belt states-they carry the bible with them and can quote form it-Christians they are called)
There are no uninsured adults in the coverage gap in Wisconsin because the state is providing Medicaid eligibility to adults up to the poverty level under a Medicaid waiver.

http://kff.org/uninsured/issue-brief/the-coverage-gap-uninsured-poor-adults-in-states-that-

First they took our jobs, now they are taking our healthcare.

Last edited:
That's no good. That's a shame he's like the rest of them where welfare is concerned. He's a bit better though.

It's a poverty stricken country.

What's crazy is this states didn't expand Medicaid when the federal government was covering people for 100% of the costs for the first 3 years.

Maybe that family of 3 can make 9 grand a year and start health savings accounts.

That's no good. That's a shame he's like the rest of them where welfare is concerned. He's a bit better though.

It's a poverty stricken country.

Better, in what way?
I believe he understands the necessity for welfare. Whereas a lot of Republicans really don't. It's even part of the economy, but they can't figure that.

He's given no indication that he wants to improve it though.

He is a 70 year old man, and he wants to end inheritance tax, well few pay it (if anything over about 5 million) and he is looking out for his family. See his buildings are half empty, I mean not enough millionaires to fill them, really he just went bust in one in Canada.

The new one built in Vegas is half empty and they wanted to build a second one, but there is no need if the first one is half empty. He has half empty buildings. He wants to make millionaires to rent and buy apts in his buildings. He cares about the Trump legacy. That is it. He only cares about the USA because his kids live here and he wants them to continue to be billionaires. He is for the rich.

I mean how many people now will want to live in a Presidents building, with his name on it, a lot of rich people. (many buildings also only have his name on it)

He is in it for his family. He was going belly up again.

He is a 70 year old man, and he wants to end inheritance tax, well few pay it (if anything over about 5 million) and he is looking out for his family. See his buildings are half empty, I mean not enough millionaires to fill them, really he just went bust in one in Canada.

The new one built in Vegas is half empty and they wanted to build a second one, but there is no need if the first one is half empty. He has half empty buildings. He wants to make millionaires to rent and buy apts in his buildings. He cares about the Trump legacy. That is it. He only cares about the USA because his kids live here and he wants them to continue to be billionaires. He is for the rich.

I mean how many people now will want to live in a Presidents building, with his name on it, a lot of rich people. (many buildings also only have his name on it)

He is in it for his family. He was going belly up again.
If so then he is very brave and clever, using political incorrectness to get votes. It was a gutsy stroke of genius.

no aid at all. Now tell me how a family of 3 can live on 8,870 a year?? Please explain this to me. All you conservative states who didn't expand Medicare, those Republican states that gave 10 shits for their people, and also worked so hard to defund Planned Parenthood, but are also pro life, explain this to me. I thought
the Republicans were conservative but that is only another word for stingy, and don't care if you die from hunger in the streets. I would of made a law those 19 states had to expand Medicaid.

Nope, Donald and Ryan are in favor of block grants, which means the above will be US wide unless a state can come up with money somehow to help people. While Donald lives high off the hog and most Republicans in Congress and members of his "transition team" they are there just wondering how much more they can fill their pocketbooks. Then again the poor chaps have government health insurance.

No wonder Donald loved "the poorly educated" (those who voted for him). Unless this man finds some heart, and the preachers around him are Evangelicals and rich off uneducated people as well, preying on them, like Donald preyed on you, I doubt that.

You are all at any given time able to loose everything for an illness, hope you got a good job that does not lay you off, and you are not considered over the hill at 50, or have lots of money,then good for you, the medium income for a family of 4 is 54,000 (last I read) and at jobs who only work employees part time due to not wanting to pay health insurance, good luck. You will be eating like feral cats.(me)

As of September 2016, 19 states had not expanded their programs. Medicaid eligibility for adults in states that did not expand their programs is quite limited: the median income limit for parents in 2016 is just 44% of poverty, or an annual income of $8,870 a year for a family of three, and in nearly all states not expanding, childless adults remain ineligible.2 Further, because the ACA envisioned low-income people receiving coverage through Medicaid, it does not provide financial assistance to people below poverty for other coverage options. As a result, in states that do not expand Medicaid, many adults fall into a “coverage gap” of having incomes above Medicaid eligibility limits but below the lower limit for Marketplace premium tax credits (Figure 1).How Many Uninsured People Who Could Have Been Eligible for Medicaid Are in the Coverage Gap?

Nationally, more than two and a half million3 poor uninsured adults fall into the “coverage gap” that results from state decisions not to expand Medicaid, meaning their income is above current Medicaid eligibility but below the lower limit for Marketplace premium tax credits. These individuals would have been newly-eligible for Medicaid had their state chosen to expand coverage.

Adults left in the coverage gap due to current state decisions not to expand Medicaid are spread across the states not expanding their Medicaid programs but are concentrated in states with the largest uninsured populations. More than a quarter of people in the coverage gap reside in Texas, which has both a large uninsured population and very limited Medicaid eligibility (Figure 2). Eighteen percent live in Florida, twelve percent in Georgia, and eight percent in North Carolina.
(These are bible belt states-they carry the bible with them and can quote form it-Christians they are called)
There are no uninsured adults in the coverage gap in Wisconsin because the state is providing Medicaid eligibility to adults up to the poverty level under a Medicaid waiver.

http://kff.org/uninsured/issue-brief/the-coverage-gap-uninsured-poor-adults-in-states-that-

You are trying to reason with people that truly believe Jesus would spit on the poor and grovel at the feet of the rich.

Last edited:

Being poor and having no help from the government is a real tragedy.
Laws should be changed
One (and maybe the most important) of the duties every government has is helping its people :(

Laws should be changed
One (and maybe the most important) of the duties every government has is helping its people :(
Not true. A government of free people's, is there to protect its people. It's up to the people themselves, to use those freedoms to help themselves, and those around them. Before anyone claims that this is selfish... Remember... The American people are the most generous people on the face of the earth. We always help each other when we can. And we could could help each other a whole lot more if we weren't being extorted by a bloated beuracracy.

Last edited:

Laws should be changed
Not true. A government of free people's, is there to protect its people. It's up to the people themselves, to use those freedoms to help themselves, and those around them. Before anyone claims that this is selfish... Remember... The American people are the most generous people on the face of the earth. We always help each other when we can. And we could could help each other a whole lot more if we weren't being extorted by a bloated beuracracy.
Governments should protect all their people but above all the poorest.
Because if you're rich you can protect yourself very well if you are not you struggle for life and you're more weak than a rich person :(

Laws should be changed

Laws should be changed

The only ones who are going to get help is the Trump dynasty, and the rest of the elites. Quit trying to pretend and state otherwise unless you have something to back it up. We had freedoms with the Dems and a lot of healthier people with insurance and seniors and disabled who didn't have to worry about their Medicare.

Then he has the nerve to blame the media for the protests, next thing to go is freedom of speech.

Laws should be changed
Governments should protect all their people but above all the poorest.
Because if you're rich you can protect yourself very well if you are not you struggle for life and you're more weak than a rich person :(
The poor here in the US are given more help, and opportunity; than in any other country on earth. Bar none.

Forum List

Back