8.3 to 8.1 to 7.9

Real unemployment is so high that it's a joke to say it's 8.3 percent anymore. What an insult to people with brain cells.

What's your definition of "real unemployment?" are you claiming the rate is fudged (and if so, how?) or are you claiming there's some "real" definition (and if so where does this definition come from?)?

Please tell me you are fucking kidding me.

Like I thought, you don't have an answer. You make a claim, you really should be prepared to support it. Otherwise you just look foolish.

I guess some of you have already forgot how the number went from 8.3% to 8.1% that 368,000 who dropped out of the workforce and gave up looking the ones who don't get counted in the unemployment numbers which if they did would make the unemployment rate around 10 or 11 percent.

The numbers are really just a sound bite, 7.9 sounds like progress and is good for Obama.

If everyone stopped looking for work, the unemployment rate would be zero-- a stellar accomplishment!

If only the unemployment rate were the same for everyone...
:eusa_eh:
Unemployment Rate Drops Again for Government Workers—Hitting 4.2%
November 2, 2012 - The unemployment rate in the government sector continued to decline in October, dropping to 4.2 percent, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
As recently as July, the unemployment rate for government workers was 5.7 percent. But in August that dropped to 5.1 percent, then in September to 4.3 percent, and then in October to 4.2 percent. The overall unemployment rate for October was 7.9 percent.

Although the actual number of civilian federal government workers declined from September to October, dropping from 2,810,000 to 2,804,000, it has increased since January 2009 when President Barack Obama took office. At that time, there were 2,790,000 civilian federal workers.

The total number of civilian federal government employees includes employees of the U.S. Postal Service, a federal agency that has undergone significant contraction in its labor force since January 2009. At that time, the Postal Service employed 728,700 people. In October, it employed 607,400, a decline of 121,300 employees.

But the drop in employment by the Postal Service was more than made up by an increase in civilian employment by other federal agencies. In January 2009, the federal government employed 2,061,700 non-Postal Service civilian employees. In October 2012, it employed 2,196,600 non-Postal Service civilian employees, an increase of 134,900 employees.

Source

Forum List

Back