79 Members Of Congress Have Been In Office For At Least 20 Years

As the article says, No wonder Washington never changes. That and the faceless bureaucrats who spend 30+ years building their little empires and telling everyone else how to live.

Are any of the 79 yours?

Read more @ 79 Members Of Congress Have Been In Office For At Least 20 Years
Jeebus! Term limits are the answer. 50 years for Conyers is a crime in my book.
And a lifetime of Robert Byrd, KKK grand kleagle & dimocrat filibusterer of the 1964 civil rights act who died in office in 2010.

I don't like being told whom I'm allowed vote for. If your worried about how long people are in office support public financing of election and remove the money machine aspect of incumbency.

I don't like being told whom I'm allowed vote for. If your worried about how long people are in office support public financing of election and remove the money machine aspect of incumbency.
No one told you who you are allowed to vote for. We know you are a stupid fuck like ALL DIMOCRATS.

I think term limits are something we can forget about. These people aren't going to go for anything like that. They are not very receptive to new blood coming on board. The only way we might get term limits would be some kind of referendum by voters like would have to be done for a Constitutional amendment. Other than that, if an incumbent is running with no competition I guess a write-in vote for someone else might work.

No one told you who you are allowed to vote for.
That's what those who support term limits are trying to do. I prefer spending limits and spreading the money around so other voices, including third parties, can be heard and have a chance to be more than spoilers.

I don't support term limits for Congress, it doesn't actually help anything.

See any number of State legislatures for evidence.

To theDoctorisin: The federal government is the problem. Long-serving senators created by the XVII Amendment is one the three life-threatening political diseases afflicting the country. The tax on income, and membership in the United Nations, are the other two. Eliminate any one of the three major diseases and the symptoms they cause automatically disappear. Examples:

1. Repeal the XVI Amendment and the parasite class automatically dissolves.

2. Repeal the XVII Amendment and the Senate’s nest of traitors is automatically exterminated.

3. Withdraw from the United Nations and the New World Order is automatically neutered.

NOTE: A good senator working for his state instead of working for the global government crowd can serve a long time when they are appointed time after time by their state legislatures. Elections controlled by the media make it almost impossible to remove traitors like Ted Kennedy, John Kerry, Joe Biden, Patrick Leahy, Orrin Hatch, among others who did so much harm because of the XVII Amendment.

To theDoctorisin: The federal government is the problem. Long-serving senators created by the XVII Amendment is one the three life-threatening political diseases afflicting the country. The tax on income, and membership in the United Nations, are the other two. Eliminate any one of the three major diseases and the symptoms they cause automatically disappear. Examples:

2. Repeal the XVII Amendment and the Senate’s nest of traitors is automatically exterminated.

3. Withdraw from the United Nations and the New World Order is automatically neutered.

NOTE: A good senator working for his state instead of working for the global government crowd can serve a long time when they are appointed time after time by their state legislatures. Elections controlled by the media make it almost impossible to remove traitors like Ted Kennedy, John Kerry, Joe Biden, Patrick Leahy, Orrin Hatch, among others who did so much harm because of the XVII Amendment.
Nonsense.

The Federal government is not the 'problem.'

It's so typical of the ridiculous right to propose inane 'solutions' to complex issues.

Nonsense.

The Federal government is not the 'problem.'

It's so typical of the ridiculous right to propose inane 'solutions' to complex issues.
I suppose the problem with debt to the next Universe should be blamed on sky pixies...............
I suppose the problem of outsourcing of jobs to sky pixies as well.
I suppose the value of the dollar in purchasing power is a result of the tooth fairy and Santa Claus...
I suppose that the reason Americans believe we are on the wrong path is the Easter Bunny.
I suppose so many in this country are not working, aka job participation rate, because of the yetti.
I suppose that the unemployment rate is low because Donald Duck did the math..............

I blame the career politicians for getting us into this mess..........I blame them for lining their own pockets for their favorite Corporate Sponsor..............Being Political Whores selling their souls for personal gain..............They need to go............and will never fire themselves...............and have vast stores of political cash to ensure they don't go anywhere..........They have forgotten their role as SERVANTS OF THE PEOPLE..............not GRAY SKULL and the Masters of the Universe...........

Term limits..............YOU BET YA..................RINO HUNT...............Hang the trophies on the wall.

The answer is not limiting the duration one can serve as a legislator, the answer is in removing from our legislators the power to customize the tax obligations of their friends and donors via the complicated tax code of special interest deductions and credits that we currently endure.

Fair and simple taxes, transparency in spending, focus on infrastructure and education.

Building an economy that your kids can drive to the stars isn't rocket science.

`

The answer is not limiting the duration one can serve as a legislator, the answer is in removing from our legislators the power to customize the tax obligations of their friends and donors via the complicated tax code of special interest deductions and credits that we currently endure.

Fair and simple taxes, transparency in spending, focus on infrastructure and education.

Building an economy that your kids can drive to the stars isn't rocket science.

`
The Status Quo stands ready to do that...................not a chance..............they'll never do so willingly............and as long as they remain it continues............

Common sense need not apply................We agree on common sense to make them servants of the people again.........Not servants of their back pocket.

If you think your congressman has been in office too long, don't vote for him
Just don't force me to stop voting for someone I think is doing a good job just because of some arbitrary term limit

Americans have the right to vote for whomever they wish to represent them in Congress, as many times as they wish, and for as long as they wish.

'Term limits' are a 'solution' in search of a problem that doesn't exist, advocated by lazy dullards who can't be bothered to participate in the political process at the very local level.

Americans have the right to vote for whomever they wish to represent them in Congress, as many times as they wish, and for as long as they wish.

'Term limits' are a 'solution' in search of a problem that doesn't exist, advocated by lazy dullards who can't be bothered to participate in the political process at the very local level.

The part that amazes me is they always assume there is somebody better ready to take his place

Forum List

Back