79 Members Of Congress Have Been In Office For At Least 20 Years

Discussion in 'Congress' started by longknife, May 18, 2015.

1. C_Clayton_Jones

C_Clayton_Jones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,168
    We already have term limits – they're called elections.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. C_Clayton_Jones

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,168
    Nonsense.

The Federal government is not the 'problem.'

It's so typical of the ridiculous right to propose inane 'solutions' to complex issues.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. eagle1462010

eagle1462010 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,822
    I suppose the problem with debt to the next Universe should be blamed on sky pixies...............
    I suppose the problem of outsourcing of jobs to sky pixies as well.
    I suppose the value of the dollar in purchasing power is a result of the tooth fairy and Santa Claus...
    I suppose that the reason Americans believe we are on the wrong path is the Easter Bunny.
    I suppose so many in this country are not working, aka job participation rate, because of the yetti.
    I suppose that the unemployment rate is low because Donald Duck did the math..............

I blame the career politicians for getting us into this mess..........I blame them for lining their own pockets for their favorite Corporate Sponsor..............Being Political Whores selling their souls for personal gain..............They need to go............and will never fire themselves...............and have vast stores of political cash to ensure they don't go anywhere..........They have forgotten their role as SERVANTS OF THE PEOPLE..............not GRAY SKULL and the Masters of the Universe...........

Term limits..............YOU BET YA..................RINO HUNT...............Hang the trophies on the wall.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. AVG-JOE

AVG-JOE American Mutt Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,941
    The answer is not limiting the duration one can serve as a legislator, the answer is in removing from our legislators the power to customize the tax obligations of their friends and donors via the complicated tax code of special interest deductions and credits that we currently endure.

Fair and simple taxes, transparency in spending, focus on infrastructure and education.

Building an economy that your kids can drive to the stars isn't rocket science.

`

5. eagle1462010

eagle1462010 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,822
    The Status Quo stands ready to do that...................not a chance..............they'll never do so willingly............and as long as they remain it continues............

Common sense need not apply................We agree on common sense to make them servants of the people again.........Not servants of their back pocket.

6. rightwinger

rightwinger Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +58,401
    If you think your congressman has been in office too long, don't vote for him
    Just don't force me to stop voting for someone I think is doing a good job just because of some arbitrary term limit

7. C_Clayton_Jones

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,168
    Americans have the right to vote for whomever they wish to represent them in Congress, as many times as they wish, and for as long as they wish.

'Term limits' are a 'solution' in search of a problem that doesn't exist, advocated by lazy dullards who can't be bothered to participate in the political process at the very local level.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. rightwinger

rightwinger Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +58,401
    The part that amazes me is they always assume there is somebody better ready to take his place