79% Feel Terrorist Attack Likely

My biggest fear when i go to bed at night is that when i wake up,Janet Napolitano will still be running the Homeland Security Department. I just don't see how anyone can really feel safe as long as this woman is running Homeland Security. God help us all.

My biggest fear when i go to bed at night is that when i wake up,Janet Napolitano will still be running the Homeland Security Department. I just don't see how anyone can really feel safe as long as this woman is running Homeland Security. God help us all.

At LEAST as safe as me and my friends were when Bush was in the white house...

Even Bush haters have to admit he was right when he commented about us needing to be right 100% of the time with respect to terrorism, but all they need is to be right once. And let's face it. We were darn lucky the Christmas attempt failed and an airliner full of people didn't come down in a heavily populated area. Next time though?

I've felt since 9/11 it's just a matter of time until the next one, still do, and likely will for a very very long time.

These misguided Leftists really have destroyed our CIA at this point. Pelosi and her gang really have rendered our CIA impotent. These poor brave men and women just aren't sure what they can or can't do when dealing with brutal Terrorists. They now actually fear their own Government more than the brutal Terrorists. They will not risk being arrested by their own Government for possibly being too mean to Terrorists. They will now simply lay low and not risk things. Without an aggressive and effective CIA,we are all doomed. The damage has already been done. I don't think the CIA can be effective at this point and that really should scare the h*ll out of all Americans. Shame on Pelosi and her fellow misguided Leftist cretins.

Pelosi and Holder injected politics into the CIA for their own personal gain. Arresting CIA operatives for possibly being too mean to brutal Terrorists will prove to be a massive deadly blunder for this nation. They thought it would be great to please their Liberal Wingnut base by arresting these brave men and women but in the end all Americans are going to pay for their blunder. These CIA operatives are now in a state of paralysis. They now fear being arrested and imprisoned by their own Government much more than they fear Terrorists. They're simply not going to risk things anymore. We're all going to pay for this. Pelosi and Holder may have scored some political points with their wingnut base but the damage they have done to the CIA in the process will likely prove to be quite deadly for Americans. What a shame.

Pelosi and Holder injected politics into the CIA for their own personal gain. Arresting CIA operatives for possibly being too mean to brutal Terrorists will prove to be a massive deadly blunder for this nation. They thought it would be great to please their Liberal Wingnut base by arresting these brave men and women but in the end all Americans are going to pay for their blunder. These CIA operatives are now in a state of paralysis. They now fear being arrested and imprisoned by their own Government much more than they fear Terrorists. They're simply not going to risk things anymore. We're all going to pay for this. Pelosi and Holder may have scored some political points with their wingnut base but the damage they have done to the CIA in the process will likely prove to be quite deadly for Americans. What a shame.

Thats the way its supposed to work. Before you take a red hot poker to a suspects gonads, you better be really really really sure you got the right guy. A stiff prison sentence is the check and balance.

1510tto.jpg

I have been on holiday vacation for three weeks and still the case of the terrorist underpants is a hot issue!........ scary stuff.

1510tto.jpg

I have been on holiday vacation for three weeks and still the case of the terrorist underpants is a hot issue!........ scary stuff.

It happened a week and a half ago.
It was not addressed by the rpeesident until a week ago.

So not sure why it should NOT still be a hot issue.

Lives were saved by brave civilians....to me THAT deserves some time in the news.

Thats the way its supposed to work. Before you take a red hot poker to a suspects gonads, you better be really really really sure you got the right guy. A stiff prison sentence is the check and balance.

That is why the sane minded prefer all of this to be handled by the military.

I wonder where we would be today, if we had to read miranda rights to every Nazi captured...if our soldiers had to worry about what the captured would say about his capturing tactics.....

Tell you one thing.....Obama would not be President today....THATS for sure.

cheney-scanner.jpg

Of course it's a story of the bravery of common people and in no way has the story been used to drive fear into the American populace to forward an agenda.

Yaay!!

Another poll from the far-rightwing polling company Rasmussen.

Why am I not surprised?

Neo-Cons: So what do you suppose we do about the fact that a terrorist attack is likely? Does it matter if a Dem or Rep is in office as far as that is concerned?

Of course it's a story of the bravery of common people and in no way has the story been used to drive fear into the American populace to forward an agenda.

And of course no one would ever do something as lame as to try and make this failed attempt out to be something that is on par with what happened on 9/11/01 in a desperate attempt to make the current Prez look bad, either.

cheney-scanner.jpg

I agree with you 100%
Many on the right are using this as a fear tactic.
Sort of similar to Obama saying that pediatricians, with our current healthcare system, place children in danger by perfoming unecessary surgery on their tonsils.

Of course, any sensible American is aware that a pediatrician will make MUCH LESS money if he suggests a tonsilectomy.......but that fact does not generate fear.

So yes, I agree....but by no means do I fault a blog wrtiter for fear mongering as much as I fault the president.

And of course no one would ever do something as lame as to try and make this failed attempt out to be something that is on par with what happened on 9/11/01 in a desperate attempt to make the current Prez look bad, either.

Any act of terror that takes the life of a person who was simply minding their own business is as important as any other act of terror....regardless of the amount dead.

If the terrorists screwed up and hit a vacant building next door and killed only 2 consitruction workers....would the act have been any less horrific in nature?

Yaay!!

Another poll from the far-rightwing polling company Rasmussen.

Why am I not surprised?

Neo-Cons: So what do you suppose we do about the fact that a terrorist attack is likely? Does it matter if a Dem or Rep is in office as far as that is concerned?

Please educate me......

Exactly what makes them a far rightwing company?

I look at the demographics they poll...and they are pretty much even across the board...

So exactly what are you implying.....they cook the numbers?

DO you have any proof?

Any act of terror that takes the life of a person who was simply minding their own business is as important as any other act of terror....regardless of the amount dead.

If the terrorists screwed up and hit a vacant building next door and killed only 2 consitruction workers....would the act have been any less horrific in nature?
Should we profile crazy old white men like that goon that killed Tiller at his CHURCH of all places? He's a bona fide terrorist.

Even Bush haters have to admit he was right when he commented about us needing to be right 100% of the time with respect to terrorism, but all they need is to be right once. And let's face it. We were darn lucky the Christmas attempt failed and an airliner full of people didn't come down in a heavily populated area. Next time though?

I've felt since 9/11 it's just a matter of time until the next one, still do, and likely will for a very very long time.

You are not alone in this. I've often wondered when the suicide roadside/market type things would start happening here.

Should we profile crazy old white men like that goon that killed Tiller at his CHURCH of all places? He's a bona fide terrorist.

Not sure where this question is coming from as it does not respond to what I said....but to answer your question...

No. We should not.

But then again, I do not seeing the detaining of a man who was reported by his father as haviong radical tendencies, paid cash for a one way ticket to a land he is not a citizen of, and with no luggage...as profiling.

I consider that enough "smoking guns" to detain a Priest.....

Last edited:
cheney-scanner.jpg

I agree with you 100%
Many on the right are using this as a fear tactic.
Sort of similar to Obama saying that pediatricians, with our current healthcare system, place children in danger by perfoming unecessary surgery on their tonsils.
Of course, any sensible American is aware that a pediatrician will make MUCH LESS money if he suggests a tonsilectomy.......but that fact does not generate fear.

So yes, I agree....but by no means do I fault a blog wrtiter for fear mongering as much as I fault the president.

If in fact Obama did say that (and I don't have a fucking clue what this has to do with the subject at hand) isn't there always some percentage of danger with unecessary surgery? :confused:

Forum List

Back