79% Feel Terrorist Attack Likely

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
High anxiety seems to be gripping the American people for 2010, I guess this is yet another example.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 79% of U.S. voters now think it is likely there will be another terrorist attack in the United States in the next year. That’s a 30-point jump from the end of August when just 49% of Americans felt that way. The current level of concern is even higher than it was in the summer of 2007 when 70% considered an attack likely. In December 2008, 58% said an attack was likely.

79% Say Another Terror Attack Likely Within Year - Rasmussen Reports™

One thing related to this is the terrorist (?) failure on that Northwest airliner. As far as I know everything worked in his favor , with the exception of the actual ignition of the bomb. Now relating to that he has been read, "Miranda Rights" (US citizen rights ?) and has been lawyered up and now has now shut up.
According to reports (No links) he had previously talked to the FBI and mentioned terrorist cells and others involved in terrorists plots for future attacks. Now... he's not talking and can't be interrogated using Obama/Holder approved interrogation techniques. If your into holding people accountable and there are future terrorist attacks, related, who do you think should be held responsible, besides of course the terrorists/enemy combatants (whatever)?? What should be there punishment? (you can't blame Bush)

What "harsh interrogation" methods have been banned specifically? Just waterboarding or are they only allowed to ask him polite questions with his taxpayer funded attorney present?

yes, 79% are correct, one cannot totally shield against terrorism, unless all citizens have all their rights taken away and are tagged and monitored continuously, and so that is not going to happen, yet. The chances that it will with-in the next hundred years are entirely possible.

And add to that Iran's nuclear progression, they will be shipping their 'products' to every terrorist that has the money, or just give it to them to advance their Jihad, to rid the planet of the 'infidels'. The Jihadist's are chomping at the bit to kill all those who are not under their control and will assume any form of 'Mr & Mrs NicePerson' to achieve their goals. Look for them to look or act no different that any other hard working American, they will break the stereotyped appearance, actions and manerisims and blend in like the 'Mom and Apple Pie' vision we had at one time of America.

We can only implement to a degree those measures which will give us some measure of protection, but nothing will totally prevent another attack.

What will be our response if a Bio or Nuclear attack kills hundreds of thousands or millions? Will we continue to attempt reasonable dialog with those maniacs and selectively attempt to erradicate them in another country as we are doing now in Afghanistan, or take on the entire country and wipe out entire regions with larger munitions or go nuclear, either limited tactical or megaton payloads ourselves? Using everyday munitions over there on mountains will result in nothing in flushing out people, couldn't even be done in Vietnam and that was soft ground.

The Jihadist has no problem in 'riding the bomb' like in the movie. The same mentality as the Japanese in WWII and dying for the emperor in this case Allah reaps the same results, the deaths of more innocents than anything else.

Without our minutemen and others using the same or similar tactics in the late 1700's, the revolutionary war would have turned out much differently, mate. The Brits called the patriots and minutemen fighting against British rule,'terrorists' at that time also I am sure. Fighting in an 'ungentlemanly manner', hey in war, one is supposed to use ALL MEANS to win, like in WWII, but even them we, the USA, did our best to limit civilian casualties, when possible. These religious maniacs are genetic misfits, but in some ways, maybe we all are.

They are ready to use all means possible against the innocents of the world, are we?

"They are ready to use all means possible against the innocents of the world, are we? "

I am not prepared to harm the innocents of the world. Perhaps because I am an atheist?

"They are ready to use all means possible against the innocents of the world, are we? "

I am not prepared to harm the innocents of the world. Perhaps because I am an atheist?

Serious question... are you completely fucking stupid? I only ask because your post reads as though you honestly beleive that those of us who believe in a faith are all quite comfortable with harming innocents. Are you:

a. stupid
b. arrogant
c. both

I am NOT prepared to use all means against innocents of the world either. Maybe I should have phrased that to ask if our "Leaders" are prepared. The choice will be theirs not ours. Hopefully they choose not to. They seem to do what they want without listening to the people anyway and I am not an Atheist. Are you trying to say that Atheists are the only compassionate ones on the planet? That's total BS.

Last edited:
There is no way of stopping terrorist attacks and the best you can hope for is not being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

yes, 79% are correct, one cannot totally shield against terrorism, unless all citizens have all their rights taken away and are tagged and monitored continuously, and so that is not going to happen, yet. The chances that it will with-in the next hundred years are entirely possible.

And add to that Iran's nuclear progression, they will be shipping their 'products' to every terrorist that has the money, or just give it to them to advance their Jihad, to rid the planet of the 'infidels'. The Jihadist's are chomping at the bit to kill all those who are not under their control and will assume any form of 'Mr & Mrs NicePerson' to achieve their goals. Look for them to look or act no different that any other hard working American, they will break the stereotyped appearance, actions and manerisims and blend in like the 'Mom and Apple Pie' vision we had at one time of America.

We can only implement to a degree those measures which will give us some measure of protection, but nothing will totally prevent another attack.

What will be our response if a Bio or Nuclear attack kills hundreds of thousands or millions? Will we continue to attempt reasonable dialog with those maniacs and selectively attempt to erradicate them in another country as we are doing now in Afghanistan, or take on the entire country and wipe out entire regions with larger munitions or go nuclear, either limited tactical or megaton payloads ourselves? Using everyday munitions over there on mountains will result in nothing in flushing out people, couldn't even be done in Vietnam and that was soft ground.

The Jihadist has no problem in 'riding the bomb' like in the movie. The same mentality as the Japanese in WWII and dying for the emperor in this case Allah reaps the same results, the deaths of more innocents than anything else.

Without our minutemen and others using the same or similar tactics in the late 1700's, the revolutionary war would have turned out much differently, mate. The Brits called the patriots and minutemen fighting against British rule,'terrorists' at that time also I am sure. Fighting in an 'ungentlemanly manner', hey in war, one is supposed to use ALL MEANS to win, like in WWII, but even them we, the USA, did our best to limit civilian casualties, when possible. These religious maniacs are genetic misfits, but in some ways, maybe we all are.

They are ready to use all means possible against the innocents of the world, are we?

To be fair, we already have (see August 1945), the victims of Little Boy and fat man were mostly non-combatants - women, children, seniors. I'm not suggesting is wasn't necessary, or in the end saved the lives of many Americans, only that we have used (at the time) all possible means against innocents.

Obama/Holder approved interrogation techniques

A recent addition to the vast repetoire of devious new interrogation techniques devised by Obama and Holder during several clandestine meetings behind closed doors...away from prying eyes....gotta keep'em nice and comfy for the Q&A session.
medium_pg24good.jpg

Last edited:

I am NOT prepared to use all means against innocents of the world either. Maybe I should have phrased that to ask if our "Leaders" are prepared. The choice will be theirs not ours. Hopefully they choose not to. They seem to do what they want without listening to the people anyway and I am not an Atheist. Are you trying to say that Atheists are the only compassionate ones on the planet? That's total BS.

No Atheists are not especially known for their compassion.
However we do not hate massive groups of people just because of their religion.

We may pity them some, but not hate based on them believing differently than we do. Otherwise we would hate most of the world.

There is no way of stopping terrorist attacks and the best you can hope for is not being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I suspect VP Cheney would disagree. Mr. Cheney believes the hard line rhetoric and the sacrifice of nearly 5,000 American troops has kept America safe (at least until Christmas 2009, when in his opinon Obama allowed a terrorists to board a plane in Africa with a bomb and by his policy opened the door to future attacks).
The fact is terrorism has been around for centuries. We - Americans - must begin to confront the elephant in the room, and ask why we are the target of so many.
I don't believe they hate us because they hate our freedom, as some might suggest.

Isn't this the time when someone will post that if you try and stop terrorists attacks the terrorists actually 'win'?

I would think that MOST people (at least those who do their own thinking) have known for a very long time that we cannot stop all terrorist attacks and they are eventually bound to happen no matter what we do.

As for the non-thinkers, I'm sure they get herded by the likes of Cheney, Limbaugh, Hannity etc. to be afraid when told to be afraid.

Isn't this the time when someone will post that if you try and stop terrorists attacks the terrorists actually 'win'?

no one has EVER said that.

what they HAVE said is that if you become no better than they are... then they've won.

And to the idiot OP... YES another terrorist attack is likely... same as what happened on baby bush's watch...

the longer the time between atttacks, the greater the likelihood of an attack

Last edited:

Which is almost as stupid as calling terrorists names ('MF'ng axis of evil, that's all they are!').
Maybe listen to what moderates in Islam nations want, and ignore the conservative hard liners (called Islamo-Fascists by are hard liners).
And maybe if they listened to our moderates and ignore our Dick (cheney that is) some violence would be averted and fewer innocents would die or be crippled.
Remember the definition of insanity each time the Dick (cheney, that is) speaks.

Terrorists will keep trying, thats why they are terrorists

As we modify our defenses, they will modify their methods in response. Will they attack again? Hell yes. Will they ever duplicate their success of 9-11? Hell no

Forum List

Back