$79 Billion a year in additional tax revenue The Dems are after!!!

I said higher taxes during a recovery is suicide. It has nothing to do with job growth. During a recovery, business owners are licking their wounds....trying to pay off their debt accumulated during the recession. Trying to catch up with their vendors who let them slide during the recession...(and of course that trickles down)...Taking more money out of their pockets is counter productive. It does not allow them to rebound. It keeps them in the same mode they were in during the recession.
there are plenty of way to write exceptions into the code for small business. the best thing to actually do would be to make it so that small business owners do not report business income as personal income. this would change tax liability on them tremendously. if congress would make this simple change, then business income and personal income would always be separate. and you could reduce business taxes and raise personal income taxes for high wage earners and the middle / lower class would be insulated. why is no one talking about this?

There is a reason enterpeneurs become s-corps....as I did (reitred now)....having the revnue flow through personal income has advantages...too many for me to get into. But the bottom line is still the same...if you take more money out of the pockets of the business owner during a recovery, they..their companies...will not enjoy the recovery.

Look at it this way...if you were making 50K a year....and you got a raise to 60K a year.....but at the same time your living expenses for the exact same lifestyle suddenly increased by 10K a year.....you are still living the life you were living when you were making 50K a year....and if you were struggling at 50K a year....you would now be struggling at 60K a year...even though your revenue increased by 10K.
hence why you take the personal income issue out of the equation. if you completely separate business income and personal income the issue become null and void.

this is the conversation that needs to take place so that small businesses do have tax advantages and are not caught in this loop hole. you can give those businesses the same types of advantages you refer to and if you raise taxes on personal income, they the businesses are not affected.

Forum List

Back