78 Billion A Year Spent on Food Stamps

Discussion in 'Economy' started by Nova78, Apr 17, 2012.

  1. Nova78
    Offline

    Nova78 Gold Member

    Joined:
    Dec 19, 2011
    Messages:
    1,976
    Thanks Received:
    263
    Trophy Points:
    130
    Location:
    Colorado
    Ratings:
    +337
    http://www.cbpp.org/images/cms//policybasics-foodstamps-f1-rev3-29-12.jpg

    In fiscal year 2011, the federal government spent about $78 billion on SNAP. About 92 percent went directly to benefits that households used to purchase food. The remaining 8 percent was used primarily for state administrative costs.


    Holly shit batman ,that is a lot of money......:cuckoo::cuckoo:
     
  2. starcraftzzz
    Offline

    starcraftzzz Senior Member

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2012
    Messages:
    2,263
    Thanks Received:
    120
    Trophy Points:
    48
    Ratings:
    +121
    Yes people need to eat
     
  3. edthecynic
    Offline

    edthecynic Censored for Cynicism

    Joined:
    Oct 20, 2008
    Messages:
    30,551
    Thanks Received:
    3,639
    Trophy Points:
    1,130
    Ratings:
    +8,092
    "When a man's stomach is full it makes no difference whether he is rich or poor. "
    — Euripides
     

Share This Page