76% say war is going badly,61% say we should have never done Iraq

• Banned
The vast majority of this country feels we have made a mistake which is going very badly.

Its a shame in a Democracy that doesnt mean a course change

As much as you may dislike it, democracy in America includes what happens in the US Senate. Yesterday that organization voted 80-14 to fund the troops in Iraq without a surrender date attached. Among the 14 who voted to stiff the troops were Clinton and Obama. If Patraeus succeeds in stabilizing Baghdad, and the Iraqi Government survives, the Clinton and Obama votes to not fund the troops will guarantee that neither one of them become President.

As much as you may dislike it, democracy in America includes what happens in the US Senate. Yesterday that organization voted 80-14 to fund the troops in Iraq without a surrender date attached. Among the 14 who voted to stiff the troops were Clinton and Obama. If Patraeus succeeds in stabilizing Baghdad, and the Iraqi Government survives, the Clinton and Obama votes to not fund the troops will guarantee that neither one of them become President.

and the liberal base is so pissed off!

• Banned
stiffing the troops huh?

so do you think that 76% of Americans who think this war is going badly want to "stiff" the troops?

Im pissed at the Dems for caving in to this bullshit.

I bet most of the troops would rather come home alive than stay and be "unstiffed".

I guess we really dont have a democracy anymore?

those are giant "IF'S" you got there.....

which, Im sure will still be giant IF's by the 08 election, which, will garentee that the republican candidate has alot to live down before becoming president.

stiffing the troops huh?

Yep

so do you think that 76% of Americans who think this war is going badly want to "stiff" the troops?

Yep

Good, I'm pissed at em too but not for the same reasons.

I bet most of the troops would rather come home alive than stay and be "unstiffed".

You lose...pay up. The thing about funding the military is that the funding bill covers ALL the military....not just the ones in Iraq.

I guess we really dont have a democracy anymore? Well, last time I checked the Constitution, our democracy is not based on random polls. You actually have to be eligible to vote to have a say in this democracy. Eligibility requires a little more than be able to answer a telephone.

You get to vote regularly if you so choose. We shall see if 76% of Americans that are even eligible actually vote real soon!

what happens if nothing happens but more dead americans? will there ever come a time when the right wingers will ever say that we've lost enough?

stiffing the troops huh?

they don't have the votes to override bush's vetoes... yet...

this way, the war will stay bush's baby... and come september, when Petraeus gives his assessment of how the surge is going, another supplemental spending bill will be before congress. That is when the GOP congress critters will begin to worry about losing their seats in the coming election.

bet most of the troops would rather come home alive than stay and be "unstiffed".

1. You lose...pay up.

2. The thing about funding the military is that the funding bill covers ALL the military....not just the ones in Iraq.

3. You get to vote regularly if you so choose. We shall see if 76% of Americans that are even eligible actually vote real soon!

1. Are you claiming that the troops would rather be in Iraq than be with their families?

2. Good point.

3. Good luck on this coming to pass, CSM. I object to illegal aliens voting. If they want to vote, let them go home.

In some places....

How do you think it should be done? I would suggest that voting should only be down by DNA sample as verification.....

how about a retinal scan?

and you think all the polling places in america will be able to afford these high tech items? laffs... or do you plan on having a week long election?

:rolleyes:

they don't have the votes to override bush's vetoes... yet...

this way, the war will stay bush's baby... and come september, when Petraeus gives his assessment of how the surge is going, another supplemental spending bill will be before congress. That is when the GOP congress critters will begin to worry about losing their seats in the coming election.

And they won't get those votes. What you lefties continually ignore is who is in control is cyclical. The Republicans are on the downside. I'll take recent history though. Dems have been OUT of power more often than IN.

What y'all got going for you right now is the Republican party going through an identity crisis, like the one y'all haven't recovered from since Carter. At least half the Republicans nowadays have NO idea what conservatism is.

Forum List

Back