75th Anniversary Of D-Day

My uncle's buddy that he went through basic with was right there with him at Omaha beach, and his leg got blown off right in front of my uncle and there was nothing he could do, except haul him into a hole to die. Artillery was raining all around. He told me this a long time ago.
Was he in the 29th Infantry? Got to meet two men today who landed on Omaha.

My uncle's buddy that he went through basic with was right there with him at Omaha beach, and his leg got blown off right in front of my uncle and there was nothing he could do, except haul him into a hole to die. Artillery was raining all around. He told me this a long time ago.

Idk..he got a 21-gun salute at his funeral though. He was a big man, my cousin is wrong, he said 5'10" that uncle was 6'2".

Bah, searching leads to "Call of Duty" game bullshit. Fuck that, it was no game back then.

They're over 95, amirite?

Thereabouts. Still mentally there, but body giving up.

Thereabouts. Still mentally there, but body giving up.

The mind is more important than the body,as long as the mind is there things are not so bad. GOD Bless all Patriots now and then!!!! :clap2:

I can't find it, but I saw this guy talking about how he would fish as many wounded as he could out of the water, fire raining down all around, and take them back to the ship. This was a real man. He cried while talking about it.

Eddie Albert: Hero at Tarawa Beach In WWII

Edward Heimberger, a German-American. He was there that day.

I've seen a "Fury" and "Save the private Ryan" about it. In fact, your ansectors we very brave and compensate by their bravery some of their commanders fails!

All commanders fail sooner or later in any army; it's nearly always the mid-level guys in the filed who end up doing the winning; they have to adapt quickly or die. You can have the best generals in the history of the world, but without the talent in the middle ranks to implement and react they're not worth a dime.

I can't find it, but I saw this guy talking about how he would fish as many wounded as he could out of the water, fire raining down all around, and take them back to the ship. This was a real man. He cried while talking about it.

Eddie Albert: Hero at Tarawa Beach In WWII

Edward Heimberger, a German-American. He was there that day.
Hollywood used to be well rounded conservative in those days because many actors took part in promoting liberty at the risk of their own lives.

Even Elvis went into the army. Sammy Davis with his one eye, Dean Martin, they all did if they could or had to.

Pocket Bible of John Reynolds. KIA at Omaha Beach. The family opened it for the first time two weeks ago and found his blood stains.
A5C23199-7CC2-442B-A36A-99E22C7F903D.jpeg

Forum List

Back