757-300 Taxiing To The Gate

sitarro

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2003
USA
I shot this standing on the jetway........ those Rolls Royce engines are very loud and powerful. 45,000 lbs. of thrust apiece.

Last edited:
These are all nice photos! What is your camera setup?

I'm using a Nikon D300 with the Nikkor AF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 G IF-ED VR II DX. I shoot in RAW and work in Photoshop to come up with the final image. I have used Nikon cameras for 33 years, love the logical layout of the controls and the solid build is great. I pull out my 33 year old FE every once in a while just to feel the film advance lever...... still feels great, better than it did new. I have a Pentax 6x7 that hasn't been used a tenth as much as the FE and I've had to replace the film advance system 3 times.
I work at the airport so I have access to the ramp and the jetways. This was the first time I have actually stood on the outside platform that comes up to the plane....... it's a great view but extremely loud. The Rolls Royce engines put out a higher pitch scream than any of the other engines out here.

They are nice photos, but I'm scared shitless just looking at'em!

It was pretty stable where I was standing, just loud.
It's funny how similar our avatars are. Mine is my cat Felix, I caught him yawning.

Forum List

Back