75-Year-Old Facing Eviction for Displaying American Flags (Yes, IN America)

hvactec

VIP Member
Jan 17, 2010
New Jersey
I've heard some silly neighborhood rules in my day, but the one that could get a 75-year-old woman evicted from her home in a New Jersey senior complex is a doozy! It sees the three itty bitty American flags that Dawn Paulus hung from her balcony as a serious safety hazard. Just imagine if Old Glory fell and floated onto someone's head.

Oh geez. They might get ... I don't know, a light tap on the noggin? If that?

And just wait until you get a load of who made up this silly rule which I can only guess is made to ward off lawsuits. This isn't just any senior complex that Paulus is living in (and facing eviction from).

The facility is government run. Which means a municipal authority has put the kibosh on flags on balconies in the senior complex. In America.

That sounds pretty darn silly, doesn't it? But you know, the rule is the rule.

And we are a country that works because (most) people abide by the laws. I'm pretty much a "rules are rules" kind of gal myself. So I was actually going to give the folks at the Housing Authority a bit of a break here. That is until I saw the justification they have for telling an elderly patriot that the flags she put up to show her gratitude to the troops during her town's Memorial Day parade were an evictable offense. Here's what the executive director told the media:

read more 75-Year-Old Facing Eviction for Displaying American Flags (Yes, IN America) | The Stir

I work at an assisted living, and right now we have about 20 thousand American Flags hanging up. In my opinion it is overkill, but no one has died yet.

He told me that I can’t have the flags because of the Nazi flags,” she said. “If I hung the American flag up and someone hung a Nazi flag up they couldn’t tell them to take the Nazi flag down and still let me fly the American flag.”
Elderly Woman Told She Can

However, he told Fox News Radio the issue with Paulus has nothing to do with the Fair Housing Act.

“It has everything to do with lease enforcement,” he said. “Tenants are not allowed to hang anything on the balcony.”

Rummerfield said there was also a safety issue. He said Paulus’ apartment is on the sixth floor. He said there were concerns the flags might fall.

I work at an assisted living, and right now we have about 20 thousand American Flags hanging up. In my opinion it is overkill, but no one has died yet.
overkill??? i wish they had 100 thousand American flags for your leftist ass to gawk at !!

Forum List

Back