75% Want Health Care Law Changed

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Voters overwhelmingly want to see last year’s health care law changed, but there is substantial disagreement about how best to do it.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 75% of Likely U.S. Voters want to change the law, while only 18% want it left alone. Those figures include 20% who want the law repealed and nothing done to replace it, 28% who want it repealed and then have its most popular provisions put into a new law and 27% who say leave the law in place but get rid of the unpopular provisions.

It is worth noting that a majority (55%) take one of the middle ground approaches—repeal and replace or leave it and improve. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

Overall, 48% take an approach that starts with repeal. That’s lower than support for repeal measured generally in Rasmussen Reports weekly tracking polls on the subject. It is likely that some people who prefer repeal when there are no other options for change are drawn to the idea of leaving the law in place and removing the unpopular provisions

75% Want Health Care Law Changed - Rasmussen Reports

That would include Liberals as well. What should be noted is only 20% want it repealed with nothing to replace it.

I have my doubts with this poll. This from their site;

Typically, calls are placed from 5 pm to 9 pm local time during the week. Saturday calls are made from 11 am to 6 pm local time and Sunday calls from 1 pm to 9 pm local time.

After the calls are completed, the raw data is processed through a weighting program to insure that the sample reflects the overall population in terms of age, race, gender, political party, and other factors.

So calls are made when the working are most likely to be home, those that have insurance from employer plans, and can afford to buy insurance. And when most of the lower middle class who needs insurance are working in deadend jobs in resturants and entertainment places for the those who can afford to be out and about - the rich & workers.

Then they weight the poll if they don't like the answers they are getting, or the numbers that were automatically generated. They are going to make sure the guy who has insurance is multiplied upwards, because they don't care and aren't interested in the polls, they have insurance.

So yeah, sounds like a bullshit poll to me!!!

Last edited:
Voters overwhelmingly want to see last year’s health care law changed, but there is substantial disagreement about how best to do it.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 75% of Likely U.S. Voters want to change the law, while only 18% want it left alone. Those figures include 20% who want the law repealed and nothing done to replace it, 28% who want it repealed and then have its most popular provisions put into a new law and 27% who say leave the law in place but get rid of the unpopular provisions.

It is worth noting that a majority (55%) take one of the middle ground approaches—repeal and replace or leave it and improve. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

Overall, 48% take an approach that starts with repeal. That’s lower than support for repeal measured generally in Rasmussen Reports weekly tracking polls on the subject. It is likely that some people who prefer repeal when there are no other options for change are drawn to the idea of leaving the law in place and removing the unpopular provisions

75% Want Health Care Law Changed - Rasmussen Reports

Willow- I'm quite taken back at the civility here. :thup:

It's worth noting that the law is not, IS NOT going to be repealed. But even in the symbolic posturing the Repubs are doing, they ought to be consolidating repeal with their intended replacement. Sorry, I have every reason to believe that if they repeal it will never be replaced by anything meaningful (which is what, even by Rasmussen numbers, 80% of us DON'T WANT). They liked the status quo; It works out swimmingly for their owners. That's why they haven't done jack in 30 years, and fought tooth and nail to stop it this time around.

Majority of Congress and Americans still do not know what is in Obamacare and yet they oppose it? All I hear is the mandatory part and not any things else. I believe they oppose Obama more than they oppose Obamacare. Call it something else and the will go for it. Call it Medi-Cal, Medicaid, Medicare. No one who have these will opt out of them. .

Is it hard to believe that these people do not want healthcare.

Study: 86.7 million Americans uninsured over last two years - CNNMar 4, 2009 ... The number of Americans without health insurance reported by Families USA is much higher than those reported by the U.S. Census Bureau. ...
articles.cnn.com/.../uninsured.epidemic.obama_1_families-usa-health- insurance-health-coverage?_... - Cached
What's Wrong with America's Health Care
Of the 47 million Americans without health insurance, 8.7 million are children. ... Now, many employers are talking about passing most or all of the risk of ...
aflcio.org - America's Union Movement › Issues › Health Care - Cached - Similar

CriticismTIME has described Rasmussen Reports as a "conservative-leaning polling group". The Center For Public Integrity has pointed out that Scott Rasmussen was a paid consultant for the 2004 George W. Bush campaign.

I did a quick check on the accuracy of polls from the firm Rasmussen Reports, which came under heavy criticism this year — including from FiveThirtyEight — because its polls showed a strong lean toward Republican candidates. Indeed, Rasmussen polls quite consistently turned out to overstate the standing of Republicans tonight. Of the roughly 100 polls released by Rasmussen or its subsidiary Pulse Opinion Research in the final 21 days of the campaign, roughly 70 to 75 percent overestimated the performance of Republican candidates, and on average they were biased against Democrats by 3 to 4 points. ....it appears as though the worst poll of the political cycle will be the Rasmussen Reports survey of Hawaii, which had the incumbent Daniel Inoyue defeating Cam Cavasso by just 13 points. Mr. Inouye is ahead by 55 points right now. If Mr. Inouye’s margin holds, the 42-point error would be by far the worst general election poll in FiveThirtyEight’s database, which includes all polls since 1998; the previous record was 29 points.

Rasmussen Reports - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Think for a moment about the health care law that was passed last year. Should Congress repeal that law and do nothing to replace it; repeal the law and then replace it with only the most popular provisions; leave the current law in place and remove the most unpopular parts, or leave the current law in place and make no changes?

Wow, he literally asked "do you favor keeping the parts you like and getting rid of the ones you don't?" In the abstract.

Well, shit--yeah, Ras, I do. Count me in the 75%.

Forum List

Back