75% Support Showing Photo ID At The Polls

An escapade? You call the good people who run the polling places part of an "escapade"? You lefties either try to fake cynicism or you really are stupid. You need a photo ID to get into Costco for God's sake. Why does the left think it's a conspiracy to show a photo ID to vote? Yeah right lefties, play the race card and the poverty card and stay ignorant.

We aren't talking about Costco, are we? and BTW... who played the race card?.... oh yeah! YOU DID!

I never mentioned a damned thing about race. I mentioned poor people who have better things to do with their money than to go to the DMV to get a photo ID to make you ingnorant asses happy. A voter registration? they can do that on their local street corner. But a valid Photo ID can only be done at select places.

Which is your agenda... selectivity and exclusivity. I've heard the right's call for banning the voting rights for people who don't own land. This is just a watered down version of the same thing.

I am sorry... I believe that ANY one who is a citizen of this country has a right to vote for their government. IF you want the valid ID's so bad.... I suggest you gas up your car, go to the ghettos and drive those people to the DMV and pay for their ID Cards. Let me guess... you aren't willing to do that... and more importantly... you aren't willing to PAY for the government to do it either!

That's right... you want YOUR party to have the advantage... and you are willing to change legislation to make it happen.

A little advice, don't open the voting rights can-o-worms or you might find more democrat segregationists than you ever thought. You have to register to vote. That takes as much bureaucratic effort as getting a photo I.d. Lefties consider the government to be antagonistic to the "poor" but in fact voter precincts bend over backwards to make sure citizens are afforded every opportunity to obtain I.D. that they need in their daily lives. It's insulting to parade the "poor" as alleged symbols of oppression when in fact every effort is made so that they can engage in their God given right to vote. It's the ACORN people and the radical kids who are encouraged by community activists to fraudulently vote that the statute is aimed at. You should be a supporter but lefties can't support legitimate efforts to curb voter fraud because they depend on it.

I think it makes sense. Try cashing a check without ID- you'll be shown the door. Prove you are who you say you are, and you can vote. Why is that so difficult? It is not an onerous requirement.

PS- Requiring ID is not a poll tax. Having ID is a normal part of life.

I think it makes sense. Try cashing a check without ID- you'll be shown the door. Prove you are who you say you are, and you can vote. Why is that so difficult? It is not an onerous requirement.

PS- Requiring ID is not a poll tax. Having ID is a normal part of life.
''Common sense is the BANE of the left...Dishonesty they feed upon. It's the only way they have gotten this far.

Well, that's because it's a common sense way to prevent voter fraud.

Ah, yes – the rightist myth of ‘voter fraud.’

The Voter Fraud Myth

The report found that voter fraud is extremely rare. At the federal level, Justice Department records show that only 24 people were convicted of or pleaded guilty to illegal voting between 2002 and 2005, an average of eight people a year. Other reports have found similar results. An analysis of the 2004 presidential election in Ohio revealed a voter fraud rate of .00004 percent. An evaluation of the 2004 gubernatorial election in Washington State revealed that voter fraud occurred .0009 percent of the time.

The Voter Fraud Myth « PROBABLE CAUSE

You do realize that there is more voter fraud occuring than you can get convictions for.

And this measure is designed to prevent it from happening to begin with. Are you honestly telling me we havent had dead people or illegal voters participating in elections? Then you clearly havent been paying attention.

Ah, yes – the rightist myth of ‘voter fraud.’

The Voter Fraud Myth

The report found that voter fraud is extremely rare. At the federal level, Justice Department records show that only 24 people were convicted of or pleaded guilty to illegal voting between 2002 and 2005, an average of eight people a year. Other reports have found similar results. An analysis of the 2004 presidential election in Ohio revealed a voter fraud rate of .00004 percent. An evaluation of the 2004 gubernatorial election in Washington State revealed that voter fraud occurred .0009 percent of the time.

The Voter Fraud Myth « PROBABLE CAUSE

You do realize that there is more voter fraud occuring than you can get convictions for.

And this measure is designed to prevent it from happening to begin with. Are you honestly telling me we havent had dead people or illegal voters participating in elections? Then you clearly havent been paying attention.

CCJ is an idiot...and hasn't been paying attention OR has and likes the dishonesty...HIS Choice...lest he remain stupid.

An escapade? You call the good people who run the polling places part of an "escapade"? You lefties either try to fake cynicism or you really are stupid. You need a photo ID to get into Costco for God's sake. Why does the left think it's a conspiracy to show a photo ID to vote? Yeah right lefties, play the race card and the poverty card and stay ignorant.

We aren't talking about Costco, are we? and BTW... who played the race card?.... oh yeah! YOU DID!

I never mentioned a damned thing about race. I mentioned poor people who have better things to do with their money than to go to the DMV to get a photo ID to make you ingnorant asses happy. A voter registration? they can do that on their local street corner. But a valid Photo ID can only be done at select places.

Which is your agenda... selectivity and exclusivity. I've heard the right's call for banning the voting rights for people who don't own land. This is just a watered down version of the same thing.

I am sorry... I believe that ANY one who is a citizen of this country has a right to vote for their government. IF you want the valid ID's so bad.... I suggest you gas up your car, go to the ghettos and drive those people to the DMV and pay for their ID Cards. Let me guess... you aren't willing to do that... and more importantly... you aren't willing to PAY for the government to do it either!

That's right... you want YOUR party to have the advantage... and you are willing to change legislation to make it happen.

Everyone I know has an ID or a driver's license, even my autistic son. It's necessary for so many things, why would you believe the poor don't have one? You think they can get welfare without it? You think they can get a job without it? Oh wait, you don't want them to work, do you?

Truthfully, I don't give a crap. Everyone I know has a valid ID. This is just another bullshit escapade of the right. They are hoping that poor people without a Driver's license won't bother to get an ID just to vote and it will skew the results in their favor.

Nothing more, nothing less.

"Poor people" don't have driver's licences ?

Can you cite a source for that ?

Which in itself is zany.

The incidents of "Voter Fraud" have been few and far between. The opposite, purging legitimate votes, have been many.

Given that during the average election cycle only 41% of the American electorate participates in the process, I would think that the opposite would be true..and there would be a massive effort to get people to the polls.

But alas..the party that says they "Have America on their side" is desparately trying to suppress the vote. Why? Because big turnouts equal Republican losses.

Sure, requiring identification at the polls seems like a "common sense" solution to voter fraud...if there really WAS any. It has been proven, however, that these ID laws DO make it more difficult for some voters. I don't consider it a fair trade to make it harder for people to vote in order to combat a problem that isn't occurring.

In many states, these laws aren't being enacted to combat voter fraud, but to make it more difficult for people to vote. How can I say that? Well, take Arizona for example. They don't allow a passport as valid ID at the polls. Wisconsin was trying to do the same, allowing only a military ID or State issued ID or drivers license.

And NONE of these laws address vote by mail voting. Here in California where I live, most counties have about half of their voters voting by mail.

For me to even give lukewarm support to ID laws, the IDs MUST be provided free of charge to anyone unwilling or unable to get one...

Forum List

Back