75 percent of Americans think wealthy should pay 30 percent or less in taxes

Perhaps if the American people were informed how much the rich have seen their rates go down over the last 50 years, they would be in a better position to judge how much they should be raised now?

Perhaps if the American people were informed how much the rich have seen their rates go down over the last 50 years, they would be in a better position to judge how much they should be raised now?

Not only the rich have seen rates go down. The more you deny that the more of a hack you are

It's not a 'faux news' poll. Idiot.
it was actually performed by Pulse opinion research out of Arlington Texas.

heres what the poll said exactly:

According to the poll results, the largest plurality of those surveyed -- 23 percent -- said the rate should be 25 percent. Another 17 percent said the rate should be 20 percent and 21 percent said it should be under 20 percent. Fourteen percent said the rate should be 30 percent and 13 percent said 35 percent. Only 4 percent said the rate should be 40 percent.

i wonder how that same percentage would answer when asked if those making over $250,000 a year should pay a higher tax rate than the average middle class family.

I wonder how that same percentage would answer when asked if everyone should be taxed the same flat rate across the board. I bet you Marxist thieves wouldn't be so supportive of that 35% rate then, would you.
id be fine with a flat tax of 35%. im not sure those making under the poverty level would be.
(FYI this would actually be an increase in my tax rate, but to have a flat rate of 35% i would expect better access to government services, since i currently use none)

Interesting. One of the periods of major growth in this nation was the 1950's. Using that grqwth as a basis, let's return to the tax structure of that period. Sound good?

Only a complete ignoramus would equate the 1950's with today's world, so I'm not surprised you did.

Detail the difference in what you would consider the effect of more people having more money to pay their bills, the infrastructure seen to, which would also see more people having more money to pay their bills as well as engage in some discretionary spending, which would support the discretionary industries, which would allow them to pay more people who would also be able to pay their bills, and maybe engage in a little discretionary spending of their own (et cetera, add holyshitdidsomebodydroptenbucksatthemoviesthisweek?), between this austerity that the business world has blessud us with in return for bailing their sorry entitled asses out to the tune of our grand children's servitude.

I bet you'd have a hissy fit if the maid forgot to drop off extra bath linens at a fancy hotel. Could be you wouldn't think twice about having some poor working stiff fired to take advantage of service recovery as long as you saved a buck or two.

But all the while you don't demand decent service from the very entity you have the most invested in. Fucking typical.

I'm sure somewhere in that infantile rant you had a point, but it definitely went over my head.

One of two things is going on here.
Either Democrats/Liberals are being terribly disingenious about what "share" average Americans expect the wealthy to pay.
Or Americans in general are terrible at Math.

It's not a 'faux news' poll. Idiot.
it was actually performed by Pulse opinion research out of Arlington Texas.

heres what the poll said exactly:

According to the poll results, the largest plurality of those surveyed -- 23 percent -- said the rate should be 25 percent. Another 17 percent said the rate should be 20 percent and 21 percent said it should be under 20 percent. Fourteen percent said the rate should be 30 percent and 13 percent said 35 percent. Only 4 percent said the rate should be 40 percent.

i wonder how that same percentage would answer when asked if those making over $250,000 a year should pay a higher tax rate than the average middle class family.

I wonder how that same percentage would answer when asked if everyone should be taxed the same flat rate across the board. I bet you Marxist thieves wouldn't be so supportive of that 35% rate then, would you.

But that would go a long way to solving our deficit now wouldn't it.

Like we've established before, flat taxes are a simple idea for simple minded people.

if the wealthy gave all their income and assets to liberal politicians, they could create a social justice utopia.....................the end of want, just imagine lol

if the wealthy gave all their income and assets to liberal politicians, they could create a social justice utopia.....................the end of want, just imagine lol

Not all, that would be greedy. 90% will work.

Forum List

Back