75% of Americans support gays right to serve

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
75% back letting gays serve openly

By Ed O'Keefe and Jennifer Agiesta
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, February 12, 2010

Three-quarters of Americans say that they support openly gay people serving in the U.S. military, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll, a finding that could lend momentum to the Obama administration's effort to dismantle the policy known as "don't ask, don't tell."

washingtonpost.com

since when do we do "what the majority of americans" want?

The majority of the American people voted for Barrack Obama. How have the Republicans supported the will of the American People? By talking about secession?

Three-quarters of Americans say that they support openly gay people serving in the U.S. military, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll, a finding that could lend momentum to the Obama administration's effort to dismantle the policy known as "don't ask, don't tell."

washingtonpost.com

The only Americans that count are the ones that have served or are serving in the military, they have earned it, what's their vote?

washingtonpost.com

The only Americans that count are the ones that have served or are serving in the military, they have earned it, what's their vote?

EXACTLY!!! Only maybe 4% of the public ever serves in the military anyway, so why in the FUCK should anyone care what those people think. It's up to the MILITARY, not the cowards who are too SCARED to enlist.

washingtonpost.com

You know........I'll make it simple......

Friends of a squad, ship, platoon......whatever.....they are concerned about the health and welfare of their team mates. Wanna know why? They are hoping that those people will get them home.

They are also concerned about their squadmate's family. Why? Simple.......if the person is fucked up about some bullshit going on at home, their head isn't in the game.

Doesn't matter the gender of the person, it just matters that you love someone if you're human.

Letting someone talk freely about something that is bothering them? As well as asking for advice on how to handle it?

That's just good leadership and comraderie. Might wanna try it sometime. Helps if you have allies.

washingtonpost.com

EXACTLY!!! Only maybe 4% of the public ever serves in the military anyway, so why in the FUCK should anyone care what those people think. It's up to the MILITARY, not the cowards who are too SCARED to enlist.

To be honest with you Pale Rider, I never served in the military, I don't believe cowardice was involved. Brainwashing during the Vietnam era perhaps but still that's a feeble excuse. I was 21 on the lottery, had the physical and was ready to go and they switched to all voluntary. Not joining the military and serving this country, is a life long embarrassment to me.

++The only Americans that count are the ones that have served or are serving in the military, they have earned it, what's their vote?++

I stand by this statement knowing... I didn't earn the right.

washingtonpost.com

Chris, I assume you are a homosexual wishing to serve. This poll is not accurate. The majority of Americans oppose the homosexual lifestyle altogether. If you are a gay and wish to serve we have a don't ask don't tell policy. Therefore you keep your gay lifestyle private. I wish you luck as you serve our country just keep your homosexual preference private.

washingtonpost.com

Precisely.

This is old... First off Chris, there is no "right" to serve in the military as the title of your thread says. Second, I do agree that gays should be able to serve under policies we have right now. I agree with previous posts that the military should be the final judge on whether or not they serve openly. The President being the present top dog of the military really should work with his generals on this one. They know what's best, not us.

I did not get in the military due to an eye injury. They did not see me physically fit because of my vision in one of my eyes. I tried for a year to get in the military, does it make me a coward that I did not serve?

washingtonpost.com

Really? Is that how our country works? Well, in that case, I vote for the end of DADT. (I'm a retired Naval Officer)

washingtonpost.com

Chris, I assume you are a homosexual wishing to serve. This poll is not accurate. The majority of Americans oppose the homosexual lifestyle altogether. If you are a gay and wish to serve we have a don't ask don't tell policy. Therefore you keep your gay lifestyle private. I wish you luck as you serve our country just keep your homosexual preference private.

So us your poll indicating that, please.

While I was in I knew a couple guys that were gay. They acted like regular soldiers, did their job and I never had a bit of trouble out of them when it came to anything militarily. I see nothing wrong with gays in the military as long as they do their job and keep their personal lives at home. If you look back throughout history, many great and sucessful military leaders were in fact gay. Gayness never stopped anyone from killing another human being. I could care less whom is screwing whom. Keep your gay lifestyle to yourself and I will never have a problem with ya.

washingtonpost.com

Really? Is that how our country works? Well, in that case, I vote for the end of DADT. (I'm a retired Naval Officer)

And everyone should respect your right to that, because you served and you have more of an understanding of any issues than those of us who have not. Therefore, your opinion (whether I agree with it or not) carries more weight with me than the opinion of those using the '75% of Americans' argument.

washingtonpost.com

More evidence as to why, eventually, conservatives always lose, why they are always on the wrong side of history. A generation or two from now, Americans will look back and marvel at the historical fact that conservatives opposed gays in the military. Much in the same we now look back a couple generations and marvel that the conservatives of that by-gone era once supported racial segregation.

washingtonpost.com

More evidence as to why, eventually, conservatives always lose, why they are always on the wrong side of history. A generation or two from now, Americans will look back and marvel at the historical fact that conservatives opposed gays in the military. Much in the same we now look back a couple generations and marvel that the conservatives of that by-gone era once supported racial segregation.

In this thread alone more than one conservative has said they couldn't care if gays served. I bet I can name a few liberals that would openly oppose gays in the military. Maybe you should STFU before I embarrass your silly ass.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back