74% Oppose Obamacare

Well if an online poll says so ...

They certainly shouldn't be taken seriously but...... Fox has just done a poll about whether people would vote to keep all incumbents or kick them all out (R and D).... 68% said kick 'em all out. I find that very funny.

For some odd reason, Republicans have never been on the side of the American people. The comments about "wealth redistribution" at the bottom of the article are especially odd. The 2.5 trillion dollar tax cut did that. More than 50% going to just 5% of the tax payers? That IS wealth redistribution. It's already happened.

Funny, how everyone believes it's OK to "pay" for a service. Well, in this country, you can make a billion dollars. You can't do that in most other countries. Instead of paying a little extra in taxes for the privilege of being able to earn a billion dollars, Republicans want to push the Ultra rich's "fair share" onto the middle class. Why shouldn't "Warren Buffet" pay extra for the privilege of being able to earn 40 billion dollars. What's funny, is that he asks the same question.

What is funny is that Buffet thinks he is in touch with the average American to make such an asinine statement, what is even more out of touch is you believing him......

The cost of the health care plan will not be bore by the rich, (nothing is), nor by the poor, (they can't), but by the soon-to-be extinct middle class:

Articles & Commentary

O's Middle-Class Squeeze
By Scott Gottlieb
New York Post
Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The president has spent the closing days of the health-care debate making his case to the segments of Americans who will benefit under ObamaCare. But lots of other people will be squeezed under the scheme--and not the rich folks that President Obama singles out in his stump speeches, but families who are decidedly middle class.

Health reform will leave many of them newly priced out of a transformed market for health insurance.

The hardest hit won't be those earning more than $250,000 a year--the group that he says needs to "pay their fair share." Rather, it's families whose combined annual income is around $100,000 who could be crushed under this plan.

Many of these middle-class families will probably opt to pay the federal fine, and go without health insurance until they get sick.

These folks will be too "rich" to qualify for ObamaCare's subsidies, but probably too poor to easily afford the pricey insurance that the president's plan forces them to buy.

Many of these $100K families will be obliged to buy a policy costing an average of $14,700 for the mid-level, "silver" health plan, according to the Congressional Budget Office's estimates. After income taxes, they'll be spending almost a quarter of their net income for health insurance.

How can these families make out so badly under ObamaCare? The plan does two things to refashion the market for health insurance and inadvertently stacks it against these middle-class earners.

First, it limits most consumers to choosing only one of three basic health plans. (These will offer the same basic package of health benefits--the main difference is that the higher-premium plan has lower co-pays, while the lower-premium one has higher co-payments.) And even the cheapest option--the "bronze" plan--will start at about $12,500 for a family, says the CBO.

People buying insurance outside the workplace won't be able to shop around to find cheaper options: ObamaCare effectively outlaws that, because the president wants everyone to have the same package of generous benefits. It's a noble ideal--but it forces people to buy coverage that may be pricier than what they need, want or can afford.

The individual-insurance market--which now lets you go to "ehealth.com" and buy a policy directly from Aetna or Wellpoint--will shut down almost immediately: The regulations ObamaCare puts on the private individual-policy market will simply leave it unable to compete with the new state-based insurance exchanges that the reform creates.

Next, ObamaCare creates powerful financial incentives for employers to drop coverage--paying a small fee to "dump" employees on the exchange. Because of the new subsidies, the savings--to the employer and most employees--will be substantial...

They certainly shouldn't be taken seriously but...... Fox has just done a poll about whether people would vote to keep all incumbents or kick them all out (R and D).... 68% said kick 'em all out. I find that very funny.

It doesn't surprise me one bit ...

I can't think of the last time any Congress has had a positive approval rating. "Kick 'em all out ... 'cept mine."

The best we can hope for is the GOP taking the House, both they and the White House refraining from acting like children, and something meaningful actually getting done. To see them all walk the walk for once would be nice.

My voodoo math says there's a 3.14% chance of that happening. The most likely scenario is birth certificate and blue dress investigations.

I can't think of the last time any Congress has had a positive approval rating. "Kick 'em all out ... 'cept mine."

The best we can hope for is the GOP taking the House, both they and the White House refraining from acting like children, and something meaningful actually getting done. To see them all walk the walk for once would be nice.

My voodoo math says there's a 3.14% chance of that happening. The most likely scenario is birth certificate and blue dress investigations.

I'll kick mine out and do it gladly!

as will I

Looks like some of you might be getting the idea the government here is not representative of 'the people' eh....?

~S~

For some odd reason, Republicans have never been on the side of the American people. The comments about "wealth redistribution" at the bottom of the article are especially odd. The 2.5 trillion dollar tax cut did that. More than 50% going to just 5% of the tax payers? That IS wealth redistribution. It's already happened.

Funny, how everyone believes it's OK to "pay" for a service. Well, in this country, you can make a billion dollars. You can't do that in most other countries. Instead of paying a little extra in taxes for the privilege of being able to earn a billion dollars, Republicans want to push the Ultra rich's "fair share" onto the middle class. Why shouldn't "Warren Buffet" pay extra for the privilege of being able to earn 40 billion dollars. What's funny, is that he asks the same question.

Two points:

1. A tax cut does not deliver money to people whose taxes are cut. A tax cut TAKES less from those people. Only if you believe that the government owns the money and we are only allowed to take some can you think of a tax cut in your terms.

If you believe that money earned by an individual belongs to that individual, you cannot think of taxation in the terms you have laid out. As soon as you believe that the government is the owner of all, you have become a Liberal and there are no more property rights at all.

We have such a man as president today.

2. If there is to be a universal government entitlement, there should be a universal tax to support it. Why has there been no mention of this in the comments or plans on paying for this? The Dems have set this up as the rich paying for it and the Reps have not said anything.

As an old codger, I will be in the group that is gaining benefit from this, but I just find it distasteful that it's being sold as a "something for nothing" arrangement.

Why hasn't there been a defined individual cost laid out for this? Your premium cost will be x$. Your tax increase will be y$. If you choose to not carry insurance, your personal fine penalty will be z$.

Only in the world of swindle and fraud is there such a thing as a free lunch. That is exactly how the proponents, our President in particular, are selling this swindle.

as will I

i have been hoping to kick mine out (Lorretta Sanchez) for years....but when you replace an idiot like Robert Dornan....well ....need i say more...

What is funny is that Buffet thinks he is in touch with the average American to make such an asinine statement, what is even more out of touch is you believing him......

The cost of the health care plan will not be bore by the rich, (nothing is), nor by the poor, (they can't), but by the soon-to-be extinct middle class:

Articles & Commentary

O's Middle-Class Squeeze
By Scott Gottlieb
New York Post
Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The president has spent the closing days of the health-care debate making his case to the segments of Americans who will benefit under ObamaCare. But lots of other people will be squeezed under the scheme--and not the rich folks that President Obama singles out in his stump speeches, but families who are decidedly middle class.

Health reform will leave many of them newly priced out of a transformed market for health insurance.

The hardest hit won't be those earning more than $250,000 a year--the group that he says needs to "pay their fair share." Rather, it's families whose combined annual income is around $100,000 who could be crushed under this plan.

Many of these middle-class families will probably opt to pay the federal fine, and go without health insurance until they get sick.

These folks will be too "rich" to qualify for ObamaCare's subsidies, but probably too poor to easily afford the pricey insurance that the president's plan forces them to buy.

Many of these $100K families will be obliged to buy a policy costing an average of $14,700 for the mid-level, "silver" health plan, according to the Congressional Budget Office's estimates. After income taxes, they'll be spending almost a quarter of their net income for health insurance.

How can these families make out so badly under ObamaCare? The plan does two things to refashion the market for health insurance and inadvertently stacks it against these middle-class earners.

First, it limits most consumers to choosing only one of three basic health plans. (These will offer the same basic package of health benefits--the main difference is that the higher-premium plan has lower co-pays, while the lower-premium one has higher co-payments.) And even the cheapest option--the "bronze" plan--will start at about $12,500 for a family, says the CBO.

People buying insurance outside the workplace won't be able to shop around to find cheaper options: ObamaCare effectively outlaws that, because the president wants everyone to have the same package of generous benefits. It's a noble ideal--but it forces people to buy coverage that may be pricier than what they need, want or can afford.

The individual-insurance market--which now lets you go to "ehealth.com" and buy a policy directly from Aetna or Wellpoint--will shut down almost immediately: The regulations ObamaCare puts on the private individual-policy market will simply leave it unable to compete with the new state-based insurance exchanges that the reform creates.

Next, ObamaCare creates powerful financial incentives for employers to drop coverage--paying a small fee to "dump" employees on the exchange. Because of the new subsidies, the savings--to the employer and most employees--will be substantial...

Exactly right Annie. Obama is not hiring more 16,500 IRS to just take money from the rich. They will be hitting up the middle class. We will see more Joe Stacks trying to destroy the IRS as the pressure on the middle class increases.

Exactly right Annie. Obama is not hiring more 16,500 IRS to just take money from the rich. They will be hitting up the middle class. We will see more Joe Stacks trying to destroy the IRS as the pressure on the middle class increases.

That number is likely underestimated and those jobs will be folded into the 'jobs created' number.

CNBC Poll - Do You Support Obama's Health Care Plan?

Yes - 26%

No - 74%

20200 responses

They are liars. According to truthdon'tmatter, 70% of Americans support healthcare. Of course she also believes that Obama turns water into wine so I'm not sure we can take her word for much. :lol::lol::lol:

*I'm glad she has me on ignore* :lol:

Go get the quotes where I said any of that LIAR

truthdon'tmatter is just a partisan hack like the closed minded democrats voting for this bill. The bipartisan vote is against this bill. Republicans, Democrats, Independants, & Tea Party are voting against this bill. Only partisan rank & file Demwitocrats are voting for this bill.

States must foot the bill for half the funding in this bill. Get ready for State income, property, utility & sales taxes to increase.

Then you guys can take back everything in November if this is true. Of course there are some dems who don't like this...we don't because it doesn't go far enough....but we still support this beginning. The republicans of course hate it...

It will pass. We will be fine in November, and he will win a second term. Wait for it. If you don't believe me, you also said he wouldn't win the presidency. :) You also said the healthcare bill was dead. You were wrong then as well.

This is just desperation on your part because YOU KNOW IT WILL BE SIGNED.

Please name any other entitlement program in the history of the U.S. for which a majority was strongly opposed and marching on DC to protest.

Even if your side wins, you lose. The whole country loses.

truthdon'tmatter is just a partisan hack

That's giving her too much credit.

She's a bot.

She lacks the rudimentary cognitive power required to perform hack tasks.

YOu forget to mention most wanted single payer or a public option, that is why they don't approve of this bill. Plus this is a internet poll, not too reliable.

Huh--NO ONE wanted a public option--except the minut minority of the far out left in this country. Have you forgotten the Town hall meetings in August "already"--:cuckoo::cuckoo:

We do not want a government take over of 1/6 of this economy PERIOD. This current bill would add another 157 government agenices--thousands of IRS tax agents--to make sure you are paying for health care--or you get fined if you don't have it.

Last edited:
Then you guys can take back everything in November if this is true. Of course there are some dems who don't like this...we don't because it doesn't go far enough....but we still support this beginning. The republicans of course hate it...

It will pass. We will be fine in November, and he will win a second term. Wait for it. If you don't believe me, you also said he wouldn't win the presidency. :) You also said the healthcare bill was dead. You were wrong then as well.

This is just desperation on your part because YOU KNOW IT WILL BE SIGNED.

Small point. Obama isn't up for re-election in November. Pity, but we can't get him yet. But, 'you guys' are going doooooown in November. It is not gonna be pretty.

CG, there's no evidence you'll take any majorities, even now. So unless everything Barry tries to do is just as controversial as HC, train roll on... On down the line...

IMHO you're gonna see a spike in popularity for Barry and Dems after the dust on this settles. The RCP average on polls is 40/49 (Not no f**king 70%), with about half of those who disapprove griping that it doesn't go far enough. Remove FOX's 35/55 and it's a lot tighter than that.

In short, about 65% want "This or better." Only about 25% want "Less than this."

YOu forget to mention most wanted single payer or a public option, that is why they don't approve of this bill. Plus this is a internet poll, not too reliable.

Huh--NO ONE wanted a public option--except the minut minority of the far out left in this country. Have you forgotten the Town hall meetings in August "already"--:cuckoo::cuckoo:

We do not want a government take over of 1/6 of this economy PERIOD. This current bill would add another 157 government agenices--thousands of IRS tax agents--to make sure you are paying for health care--or you get fined if you don't have it.

Utter nonsense. I call shenanigans!
Most support public option for health insurance, poll finds - washingtonpost.com
Poll: Passing public option would lift Harry Reid's re-election chances - Monday, Feb. 22, 2010 | 3:56 p.m. - Las Vegas Sun
Poll: Bennet right on the public option; Norton wrong Colorado Independent

Just a few that popped up. Public option has seen UNWAVERING POSITIVE SUPPORT. Dope.

Forum List

Back