73% think our country is headed in the wrong direction

Still not actually a 'fact' though, is it? No. It's opinion.

LOL it's a fact ABOUT opinion. Thus, reading expressions of those opinions amounts to verification of those opinions.

You said you knew it for a fact. Facts are based on solid scientific research.

Not necessarily. Sometimes they can be based on things simple enough you can see them with your own eyes, for which no scientific research is necessary.

While we're on the subject, let's review exactly what I said, shall we? Just to make sure we know and agreie what we're talking about:

"I know for a fact that a substantial portion of the electorate disapproves of Obama because he is TOO CONSERVATIVE."

Now, you might reasonably ask what constitutes a "substantial portion" of the electorate, and it's true that I was vague on that. But instead you plowed forward as if it was clear what that meant, and asked for evidence. I gave it to you: not a study, not scientific research, but raw data in the form of many many voters (or they say they're voters anyway) criticizing President Obama for being too conservative.

This is proof positive that there are people who disapprove of Obama because he is too conservative. Whether it is proof that they constitute a "substantial portion" of the electorate depends on exactly what that means.

But here's another bit of data for you:

http://www.knowyourcare.org/pdf/may-2011-poll.pdf

"Support for healthcare reform is consistently understated by polls – 10 percent of voters both do not think the current law goes far enough and do not support the ACA. Support for the ACA currently stands at 42% (with 50% opposed), but that does not take into account that among the 31% of voters who feel that the law does not go far enough, a third do not currently support it. That translates to 10% of the total electorate that does not support the law but also doesn’t believe that it goes far enough. Overall, a plurality of 47% of voters believe that the new healthcare law made the right amount of changes (16%) or does not go far enough (31%), compared to 43% who say that it goes too far."

So on this issue at least, Obamacare, which many would consider Obama's signature accomplishment of his presidency so far, 31% of the people seem to think that it does not go far enough, and 10% actually oppose the ACA because of that. So, depending on how you interpret these responses, we have at least 10% of the voters and arguably as many as 31%, who oppose Obama from the left.

Would you agree that 10% of the voters, let alone 31%, constitutes a "substantial portion"?

I suspect we have very different standards for what constitutes a 'fact'.

I'm so seriously not interested in your opinion masquerading as a fact. And that is a fact.

This presidents numbers are worse than Carters, who is arguably the worst president in our lifetimes if not in all of history.

Obama fails on nearly every front.

Any normal person who has the ability to think on their own and was well informed would blame Obama and all of Congress for the country going the wrong direction.
Only political hacks would pin the blame on just Obama or just Congress.
Trust me, neither the Dems or the GOP are the answer to right this country's course.

Any normal person who has the ability to think on their own and was well informed would blame Obama and all of Congress for the country going the wrong direction.
Only political hacks would pin the blame on just Obama or just Congress.
Trust me, neither the Dems or the GOP are the answer to right this country's course.

I'll second that motion.

Forum List

Back