73% think our country is headed in the wrong direction

The problem with polls like this is that they don't say anything about what direction the people would LIKE us to be going in.

There are more than two possible answers to that question, you know.

• Banned
The problem with polls like this is that they don't say anything about what direction the people would LIKE us to be going in.

And yet the direction Obama chose happened to be the wrong one.

Next....

Yes, but why? I know for a fact that a substantial proportion of the electorate thinks that he is leading us in the wrong direction because he is TOO CONSERVATIVE.

That's what makes this a strange election. Dissatisfaction with Obama does NOT NECESSARILY benefit the Republicans. There are more than two possible directions in which we can go, and "Not-Obama's-way" is not the same in meaning as "The-Republicans'-way."

• Banned
RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Direction of Country

All hail the excellent leadership that Obama has provided.

Seriously though, Americans get it Obama not so much.

Right okay, so it's not Congress's fault at all, huh? Even though congress's approval rating is over twice as low as Obama's?

FACT: there has been steady economic growth in the private sector for the past 5 months. This hasn't occurred since April of 2006.

Which coincidentally was about the time the democrats took over. Then when the gop gains enough power to stop them the growth begins again.

Now stick your head back in the sand.

Right okay, so it's not Congress's fault at all, huh? Even though congress's approval rating is over twice as low as Obama's?

FACT: there has been steady economic growth in the private sector for the past 5 months. This hasn't occurred since April of 2006.

FACT: It's been the same in many other countries. Conclusion: It ain't because of Obama. Twit.

Yes, but why? I know for a fact that a substantial proportion of the electorate thinks that he is leading us in the wrong direction because he is TOO CONSERVATIVE.

That's what makes this a strange election. Dissatisfaction with Obama does NOT NECESSARILY benefit the Republicans. There are more than two possible directions in which we can go, and "Not-Obama's-way" is not the same in meaning as "The-Republicans'-way."

For a fact, huh? Cool. I assume you have some legitimate link to unbiased research to back that up.

I won't wait for the evidence.

Which coincidentally was about the time the democrats took over. Then when the gop gains enough power to stop them the growth begins again.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: No actually. The approval ratings have been this low since the 2010 midterm election. Get your facts straight.

That's amusing. Did you guys nominate the wrong person in 08?

:rofl::rofl::rofl: No actually. The approval ratings have been this low since the 2010 midterm election. Get your facts straight.

I was talking about job growth and stagnation numbnuts.

I was talking about job growth and stagnation numbnuts.

Economic growth began at the same time the stimulus took effect.

For a fact, huh? Cool. I assume you have some legitimate link to unbiased research to back that up.

I think I would be fully justified in saying, "Do your own research and don't expect me to spoon-feed you."

But no. While there isn't any "research" to substantiate what I said, you can verify it for yourself in a little bit of browsing here:

Democratic Underground

and here:

Daily Kos :: News Community Action

and here:

Occupy Together |  DISCUSS

Just do a search on any of those sites for "Obama" and you'll find a great deal of criticism of the president from the left. It's no secret and it shouldn't come as any surprise.

That's amusing. Did you guys nominate the wrong person in 08?

Of course, but the right one wasn't even on the ballot. HRC would have been no better and in some ways probably worse.

BOTH PARTIES ARE BOUGHT OUT AND CORRUPTED BY CORPORATE MONEY, NOT JUST THE REPUBLICANS. We have only the pretense of democracy in this country, not the reality. And THAT is the biggest reason why so many people think we're going in the wrong direction.

Last edited:

Next....

Obama: Health Care, tax cut for Middle Class, get out of Iraq

Republicans: War, Free ride for the wealthy,cut Medicare, end Social Security. more corporate welfare. more pollution.

I'll take Obama's direcction.

Next....

Obama: Health Care, tax cut for Middle Class, get out of Iraq

Republicans: War, Free ride for the wealthy,cut Medicare, end Social Security. more corporate welfare. more pollution.

I'll take Obama's direcction.

Obama cut Medicare by a half trillion NOT THE GOP. The rest are bs talking points.

Forum List

Back