73% of Republicans think Tariffs will help the US

Obviously tariffs are necessary when there is unfair dumping like China does with solar and steel. Whenever there is a trade deficit, as we have now and have had for decades, that is a serious problem and major changes should be tried in order to correct that fatal problem.
there you go!

The bare facts from the indisputable source:
View attachment 206116
Nuff said.
And what has that trade deficit brought us to?
4% unemployment
109 straight months of economic expansion, the 2nd longest in the history of our country.
More open positions than people to fill them.
Near record consumer confidence.

Just think then, without the trade deficit, we might be at 1% unemployment, 1099 months of expansion, and record consumer confidence!

Just think (now that is funny) if you pulled your head out of Trump's ass and thought for yourself ,you would not be so ignorant of the facts.

How did Trump shift the Republicans from a free trade party to a pro-tariffs party? Free trade was a tent pole issue for Republicans.

Free trade is still a tenet of financial conservatives and many Republicans, but what we have had for the last 50 years, or so, is not free trade. When the status quo is unacceptable, we need to change it, even if that means breaking a few eggs in the process.

View attachment 206116
Nuff said.
4% unemployment
109 straight months of economic expansion, the 2nd longest in the history of our country.

Just think then, without the trade deficit, we might be at 1% unemployment, 1099 months of expansion, and record consumer confidence!

Just think (now that is funny) if you pulled your head out of Trump's ass and thought for yourself ,you would not be so ignorant of the facts.
how does that figure in tariffs?

There arent 300million workers in America, dope.
you're correct it is set at around 257 million.

I actually looked up the numbers since you were nit picking.

5 Reasons Why People Dropped Out of the Labor Force and Won't Return

Current Rate
Here's how to calculate the labor force participation rate for June 2018.

Number (in millions) Percent
Population (P)
Not in Labor Force 95.502
Marginally attached 1.437
Discouraged 0.359
Labor Force (LF) 162.140 62.9% of Population
Employed 155.576 60.4% of Population
Unemployed 6.564 4.0% of Labor Force

Again, we should train them.

It's not 257 million either.

You just posted the stat. The labor force is 162 mil with 6.2m unemployed. They aren't permanently unemployed.
dude I posted the link I got it from. those are their numbers. you don't like em send them an email.

This is what you posted, fool.

Labor Force (LF) 162.140 62.9% of Population
Employed 155.576 60.4% of Population
Unemployed 6.564 4.0% of Labor Force
where do you think the number comes from ace? the 257 eligible workers. Open the link and read. I thought that was your glory statement. I guess not.

Eligible workers and the workforce is not the same thing, dope.

I just gave you the workforce number from your own link, dope.

Stop. Just stop.

View attachment 206116

Nuff said.

4% unemployment

And you non-free trade people want to end all of that..

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
108 or 109? Yesterday it was 108. We’re still in July. We gained a month and never left it. You actually mean 18 months.

108 ended in June. We are far enough along in July to know that the month will end with the expansion still going

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
18 months ended in June.

When I first joined this board I was sort of amazed at how willing people were to show their ignorance. But over time I have come to realize that it is a badge of honor for the wingnuts on both sides, the more facts they deny or ignore the more prestige they gain from their fellow wingnuts.

The current period of economic expansion began in June 2009. And since I know how much you suck at math, that is more than 18 months ago, no matter what Trump tells you.

View attachment 206116
Nuff said.
4% unemployment

The only people that think tariffs are a good thing are the people with their heads up Trumps ass...people like you in other words

Profits?

Is there any subject that you actually know anything about?
Profits yep.

How does one "steal profits". :laugh2:
jobs.

We have more jobs than people willing to work them.
then why do we have 4% uneployment?

Because there are always people too lazy to work and people in between jobs. 4% unemployment is considered full employment as it takes into account movement and people not willing to work.

We know from the poll that most college graduates think tariffs will be bad for America.

And since we know most Trumpbots are uneducated....the results of the poll make total sense.

Donald Trump Supporters Mostly Uneducated, New Poll Finds

So...most Trumpbots are too stupid and/or uneducated to know better. So they just blindly believe whatever their messiah tells them.

I got three qtr of a million dollars in stock. You mean some other time period perhaps!

7Q4m.gif

We have more jobs than people willing to work them.
then why do we have 4% uneployment?

Because there are always people too lazy to work and people in between jobs. 4% unemployment is considered full employment as it takes into account movement and people not willing to work.
I know, I've read that data. But factually there is no reason why it can't get lower right? I mean that's merely a statistic based off welfare numbers. the fact is, we should be training the people on welfare who are of working age. IMO, money better spent.

A trade deficit is not always a bad thing if you are using whatever you import to a positive advantage, as in producing more goods and services here and increasing your GDP. Right now other countries tax our stuff coming into their countries a lot higher than we tax their stuff coming into the US, and that ain't really fair. So I can see his attempt to even things out somewhat, nothing else has worked; it has not been fair since the end of WW II.

View attachment 206116
Nuff said.
4% unemployment

The only people that think tariffs are a good thing are the people with their heads up Trumps ass...people like you in other words
Well, I think we needed a new approach with China. They deflate the buying power of their workers with currency manipulation so they can sell us cheap shit. Muchkin got an offer from Xi to cut the trade deficit by about half, but Trump didn't take it. As with anything, Trump's motives for any action are uncertain. Either he didn't believe the offer, or he just wanted tariffs to be seen as "strong." Either way, the Wal-mart shoppers will pay more.

And I'll pay more the giant jars of jalepenos I buy that are imported from Mexico.

4% unemployment

Well, I think we needed a new approach with China. They deflate the buying power of their workers with currency manipulation so they can sell us cheap shit. Muchkin got an offer from Xi to cut the trade deficit by about half, but Trump didn't take it. As with anything, Trump's motives for any action are uncertain. Either he didn't believe the offer, or he just wanted tariffs to be seen as "strong." Either way, the Wal-mart shoppers will pay more.

And I'll pay more the giant jars of jalepenos I buy that are imported from Mexico.
did you always pay the same amount for your jalepenos or did they go up over the years?

hey, sometimes I can get an ear of corn for a buck and sometimes I get two ears of corn for a buck and sometimes I can get six ears of corn for a buck. wow huh? No tariffs either.

As new tariffs take hold, more see negative than positive impact for the U.S.

77% dems say bad thing.

The poll doesn't differentiate tariffs on countries with manipulated currency and below cost prices, but it still strikes me as odd. The gop is now isolationist.

And look at the break between college and non-college educated. And white grads and non-grads

Strange days indeed.
Here's a poll of economists:
  • A survey from the National Association for Business Economics found that nearly 76% of economists thought that President Donald Trump's trade policies would be a negative for the US economy.
  • Only 12% of those asked thought the president's tariffs and trade policies would boost the economy.
Trump's trade battles are behind a huge shift in how some of America's top economists feel about the economy

77% dems say bad thing.

The poll doesn't differentiate tariffs on countries with manipulated currency and below cost prices, but it still strikes me as odd. The gop is now isolationist.

And look at the break between college and non-college educated. And white grads and non-grads

Strange days indeed.
  • A survey from the National Association for Business Economics found that nearly 76% of economists thought that President Donald Trump's trade policies would be a negative for the US economy.
  • Only 12% of those asked thought the president's tariffs and trade policies would boost the economy.
Trump's trade battles are behind a huge shift in how some of America's top economists feel about the economy
I didn't see in there any benefit of people getting off of government money like welfare and food stamps. you know, those savings.

77% dems say bad thing.

Strange days indeed.
I didn't see in there any benefit of people getting off of government money like welfare and food stamps. you know, those savings.
Maybe because you made up the benefits? You fucking moron.

77% dems say bad thing.

Strange days indeed.
Even the DEPLORABLES losing their shirts in the Midwest still think it’s a good idea. Yes they are that stupid.

77% dems say bad thing.

Strange days indeed.
Senator Ben Sasse (R-Nebraska):
""I've had bean farmers in my office three of the last four days, and people end up starting to cry because there's so much worry about October and November when debt payments start becoming due," Sasse said. "So there's panic about how low our bean prices are, and guys are way below cost of production right now."
Trade war already affecting farmers in Nebraska, Iowa

There was a reason why EVERYONE in Putin’s poodle’s cabinet thought getting in a trade war was a bad idea.
If something is a terrible idea and all the experts recommend against it, the petulant child will do it anyway for spite.
Reason # 345,198 of why this knownothing is unfit to serve.

Forum List

Back