73% of Republicans think Tariffs will help the US

The bare facts from the indisputable source:
View attachment 206116

Nuff said.

And what has that trade deficit brought us to?

4% unemployment
109 straight months of economic expansion, the 2nd longest in the history of our country.
More open positions than people to fill them.
Near record consumer confidence.

And you non-free trade people want to end all of that..

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

That includes the last 4 years of O.?
No mention of him inheriting 750000 job losses / month?
It's been gradual.
Even the uppity nixxer had months of 300000 job months.
Any idea why job creation in 2017<2016<2015??
Hey, 75% of repubs don't believe in evolution!!!
And many don't believe we landed on the moon!!

View attachment 206116
Nuff said.
4% unemployment
109 straight months of economic expansion, the 2nd longest in the history of our country.

Just think then, without the trade deficit, we might be at 1% unemployment, 1099 months of expansion, and record consumer confidence!
shhh, he's a leftist parrot. knows nothing about lost wages and jobs.

View attachment 206116

Nuff said.

4% unemployment

And you non-free trade people want to end all of that..

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

That includes the last 4 years of O.?
No mention of him inheriting 750000 job losses / month?
It's been gradual.
Even the uppity nixxer had months of 300000 job months.
Any idea why job creation in 2017<2016<2015??
Hey, 75% of repubs don't believe in evolution!!!
And many don't believe we landed on the moon!!
we landed on the moon?

As new tariffs take hold, more see negative than positive impact for the U.S.

77% dems say bad thing.

The poll doesn't differentiate tariffs on countries with manipulated currency and below cost prices, but it still strikes me as odd. The gop is now isolationist.

And look at the break between college and non-college educated. And white grads and non-grads

Strange days indeed.
republicans are tired of other countries stealing our country's profits. why is that so difficult for you?

Profits?

Is there any subject that you actually know anything about?
Profits yep.

How does one "steal profits". :laugh2:

and from what I read our trade barriers are far lower on goods coming into the US than the barriers our goods face going into most foreign countries.

THAT is to be expected when our production and GDP is almost double than the rest of the planet combined.

Trump's "art of the deal" does NOT mean refusing to deal and closing trade doors just for the sake of megalomania bravado.

77% dems say bad thing.

The poll doesn't differentiate tariffs on countries with manipulated currency and below cost prices, but it still strikes me as odd. The gop is now isolationist.

And look at the break between college and non-college educated. And white grads and non-grads

Strange days indeed.
republicans are tired of other countries stealing our country's profits. why is that so difficult for you?

Profits?

Profits yep.

jobs.

77% dems say bad thing.

Strange days indeed.

Profits?

Profits yep.

jobs.

We have more jobs than people willing to work them.

I'm not really sure where the gop is heading. There are large differences between Trump and McConnell and Ryan domestically and internationally. However, the Freedom Caucus seems firmly behind Trump, even as he gives succor to Putin. Where they are on tariffs and trade, I don't know. But the Freedom caucus decries spending, yet it is the deficit driver with not just tax cuts but spending.

I don't see Trumpism leaving the party with Trump leaving. I think any notion that the party will return so its senses is terribly misplaced.

We passed on both Steve Forbes and McCain who were preaching tax reform with revenue neutrality and then no tax cuts adding to deficits. And even at the time of W's war, some of us were saying we were crossing the line from promoting democracy to using the military as a means of diplomacy, so perhaps there's a reason some people cannot distinguish what we are about, compared to say .... Putin. And I can see how isolationism comes about. Eisenhower had one foot in the cold war and the other in Army of 1920. The bigotry and anti-intellectualism seem new to me though.

Profits?

Profits yep.

jobs.

then why do we have 4% uneployment?

Profits?

Profits yep.

jobs.

That is full employment. Unemployment can never be zero. There is always a percentage of workers in flux.

That is full employment. Unemployment can never be zero. There is always a percentage of workers in flux.
DEEP STATE FAKE NEWS (-:

I called it before JC posted!

I'm not really sure where the gop is heading. There are large differences between Trump and McConnell and Ryan domestically and internationally. However, the Freedom Caucus seems firmly behind Trump, even as he gives succor to Putin.

As Trump is the "useful idiot' for Putin, he is also the same useful idiot for the "Freedom" Caucus.......i.e., the types of judicial nominations that the caucus has always wanted.

Forum List

Back