72-Year-Old Woman Tased and Jailed!

Yeah, fatboy was in real danger from granny, everyone should be tortured for a traffic ticket.

Five times he told her "stop or you're going to be tazed" all she had to do is stop...this ain't rocket science here. 100% her fault.

Again...I ask, had he told her 5 times that she would be shot if she didn't stop, would shooting be warranted?

Of course not. Threatening force and using force are two different things for the police.

all she had to do is stop...this ain't rocket science here. 100% her fault.

maybe you should get pulled over for talking on the cell phone and ordered to suck the officers' dick. you would be given 5 seconds to comply. after that you would have your skull split with a baton and then ass raped with it. after you would get a $20,000 bill from the hosptial for stitching up your torn intestines i would tell you it was 100% your fault - all you had to do is such his dick !

faggot.

to serve and protect ...

Last edited:
the "force" wasn't due to the traffic stop---she was a disrespectful sassy bitch

Is tasing the penalty for being disrespectful and sassy?

Maybe the baton would be used for someone rolling their eyes in an obnoxious manner.

Sorry-- I see the shit cops take day in and day out. You couldn't handle it.

Sorry--But if they can't take it they are in the wrong line of work, and should not be a cop.

And as much as that may get your feathers ruffled, it's no excuse. There is ABSOLUTELY NO LAW that says you may use force to correct disrespectfulness or sassiness. Perhaps a judge may rule the decorum of his court room with punishment of some sort but a cop? He has no right. Trust me, just like the last guy that got tased for not signing a speeding ticket, this fatass cop just cost his city or county a wad. Not that she deserves a penny, but because I don't believe in bashing in the heads of fatass motherfuckers who don't respect thier elders, as much I want to, I'll settle for seeing them hit in the pocketbook.

I agree because if this goes without penalty, then it sets a new standard of acceptable force that cops can use.

Garbage--that slippery slope argument is a loser. There's no "precedent" set here nor groundworked layed for future "torture". This cop could go unpunished while the next one could get fired.

This one already deserves ro be fired.

From the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles Homepage:

Sign the ticket. This is not an admission of guilt, just an acknowlegement that you received the ticket (like signing for a package). And besides, if you don't sign, the officer has to arrest you.​

Texas Traffic Tickets - TX DMV Traffic Violation Guide - DMV.ORG

The officer had no choice.

the woman was stupid. what do you expect from a 70 year old ? would you taser somebody in a fucking coma for not putting his hands behind his back when ordered ? old people don't understand where the fuck they are or what the fuck is going on. that's not reason enough to try and kill them for it ! ! !

stupidity is not a crime.

all she had to do is stop...this ain't rocket science here. 100% her fault.

maybe you should get pulled over for talking on the cell phone and ordered to suck the officers' dick. you would be given 5 seconds to comply. after that you would have your skull split with a baton and then ass raped with it. after you would get a $20,000 bill from the hosptial for stitching up your torn intestines i would tell you it was 100% your fault - all you had to do is such his dick !

faggot.

to serve and protect ...

:rolleyes: After this psychotic break, we return to our regularly scheduled reality.

From the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles Homepage:

Sign the ticket. This is not an admission of guilt, just an acknowlegement that you received the ticket (like signing for a package). And besides, if you don't sign, the officer has to arrest you.​

Texas Traffic Tickets - TX DMV Traffic Violation Guide - DMV.ORG

The officer had no choice.

the woman was stupid. what do you expect from a 70 year old ? would you taser somebody in a fucking coma for not putting his hands behind his back when ordered ? old people don't understand where the fuck they are or what the fuck is going on. that's not reason enough to try and kill them for it ! ! !

stupidity is not a crime.

Yeah ... just a bit over the top there, buddy.

You shoulda taken the left turn at Albuquerque.

Yeah, fatboy was in real danger from granny, everyone should be tortured for a traffic ticket.

Five times he told her "stop or you're going to be tazed" all she had to do is stop...this ain't rocket science here. 100% her fault.

Again...I ask, had he told her 5 times that she would be shot if she didn't stop, would shooting be warranted?

Are you serious? That's the best analogy you could come up with? Go back and try again.

Well, at least the cop didn't mistaken his gun for his taser. It could have been alot worse.

Reviewing Texas law on class A, B and C misdemeanors, I see no law supporting the DMV claim that he MUST arrest you. The DMV, while annotating code for just about everything else they claim, does not annotate this claim with any relevant code. SO, I took a look.

Title 1, Chapter 14.06

(b) A peace officer who is charging a person, including a child, that is committing an offense that is a class c misdemeanor, other than an offense under 49.02, penal code, may, instead of taking the person before a magistrate, issue a citation to the person that contains written notice of the time and place the person must appear before a magistrate, the name and address of the person charged and the offense charged.
http://tlo2.tlc.state.tx.us/statutes/docs/CR/content/pdf/cr.001.00.000014.00.pdf

Speeding in the work zone is a class C misdemeanor. I see nothing in this statute or the same statute regarding class A and B misdemeanors that says a single word about a signature on the citation.

I do not beleive the DMV claim. Show me THE LAW.

What needs to be done is tazers need to be outlawed.

The police get to litteraly torture suspects on teh slightest pretense, as this demonstarted.

I agree. This tazering people shit is way out of hand.

What the hell did cops do before they had tazers? Seems to me they got along just fine. Some cops are just sadistic, and look for a reason, even create a reason to hurt someone.

Had this cop done that my mother, I'd hunt his ass down and beat the shit out of him.

Here is the law : TRANSPORTATION CODEÂ*Â* CHAPTER 543. ARREST AND PROSECUTION OF VIOLATORS
TRANSPORTATION CODE

TITLE 7. VEHICLES AND TRAFFIC

SUBTITLE C. RULES OF THE ROAD

CHAPTER 543.
verity_arrow_left.gif
ARREST
verity_arrow_right.gif
AND PROSECUTION OF VIOLATORS

SUBCHAPTER A.
verity_arrow_left.gif
ARREST
verity_arrow_right.gif
AND CHARGING PROCEDURES; NOTICES AND PROMISES TO APPEAR

Sec. 543.001.
verity_arrow_left.gif
ARREST
verity_arrow_right.gif
WITHOUT WARRANT AUTHORIZED. Any peace officer may
verity_arrow_left.gif
arrest
verity_arrow_right.gif
without warrant a person found committing a violation of this subtitle.

Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 165, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1995.

Sec. 543.002. PERSON
verity_arrow_left.gif
ARRESTED
verity_arrow_right.gif
TO BE TAKEN BEFORE MAGISTRATE. (a) A person
verity_arrow_left.gif
arrested
verity_arrow_right.gif
for a violation of this subtitle punishable as a misdemeanor shall be immediately taken before a magistrate if:
(1) the person is
verity_arrow_left.gif
arrested
verity_arrow_right.gif
on a charge of failure to stop in the event of an accident causing damage to property; or
(2) the person demands an immediate appearance before a magistrate or refuses to make a written promise to appear in court as provided by this subchapter.

(b) The person must be taken before a magistrate who:
(1) has jurisdiction of the offense;
(2) is in the county in which the offense charged is alleged to have been committed; and
(3) is nearest or most accessible to the place of
verity_arrow_left.gif
arrest
verity_arrow_right.gif

Sec. 543.003. NOTICE TO APPEAR REQUIRED: PERSON NOT TAKEN BEFORE MAGISTRATE. An officer who
verity_arrow_left.gif
arrests
verity_arrow_right.gif
a person for a violation of this subtitle punishable as a misdemeanor and who does not take the person before a magistrate shall issue a written notice to appear in court showing the time and place the person is to appear, the offense charged, the name and address of the person charged, and, if applicable, the license number of the person's vehicle.

Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 165, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1995. Amended by Acts 1999, 76th Leg., ch. 701, Sec. 3, eff. Aug. 30, 1999.

Sec. 543.004. NOTICE TO APPEAR REQUIRED: CERTAIN OFFENSES. (a) An officer shall issue a written notice to appear if:
(1) the offense charged is speeding or a violation of the open container law, Section 49.03, Penal Code; and
(2) the person makes a written promise to appear in court as provided by Section 543.005.
(b) If the person is a resident of or is operating a vehicle licensed in a state or country other than this state, Subsection (a) applies only as provided by Chapter 703.
(c) The offenses specified by Subsection (a) are the only offenses for which issuance of a written notice to appear is mandatory.

Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 165, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1995. Amended by Acts 1999, 76th Leg., ch. 62, Sec. 17.07, eff. Sept. 1, 1999.
I guess you didn't look hard enough...it took me 2 whole minutes.

BTW the Texas DMV doesn't give a damn what you believe.

Last edited:

Here is the law : TRANSPORTATION CODEÂ*Â* CHAPTER 543. ARREST AND PROSECUTION OF VIOLATORS
TRANSPORTATION CODE

CHAPTER 543.
verity_arrow_left.gif
ARREST
verity_arrow_right.gif

SUBCHAPTER A.
verity_arrow_left.gif
ARREST
verity_arrow_right.gif

Sec. 543.001.
verity_arrow_left.gif
ARREST
verity_arrow_right.gif
verity_arrow_left.gif
arrest
verity_arrow_right.gif

Sec. 543.002. PERSON
verity_arrow_left.gif
ARRESTED
verity_arrow_right.gif
verity_arrow_left.gif
arrested
verity_arrow_right.gif
for a violation of this subtitle punishable as a misdemeanor shall be immediately taken before a magistrate if:
(1) the person is
verity_arrow_left.gif
arrested
verity_arrow_right.gif
on a charge of failure to stop in the event of an accident causing damage to property; or
(2) the person demands an immediate appearance before a magistrate or refuses to make a written promise to appear in court as provided by this subchapter.

(2) is in the county in which the offense charged is alleged to have been committed; and
verity_arrow_left.gif
arrest
verity_arrow_right.gif

Sec. 543.003. NOTICE TO APPEAR REQUIRED: PERSON NOT TAKEN BEFORE MAGISTRATE. An officer who
verity_arrow_left.gif
arrests
verity_arrow_right.gif
a person for a violation of this subtitle punishable as a misdemeanor and who does not take the person before a magistrate shall issue a written notice to appear in court showing the time and place the person is to appear, the offense charged, the name and address of the person charged, and, if applicable, the license number of the person's vehicle.

Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 165, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1995. Amended by Acts 1999, 76th Leg., ch. 701, Sec. 3, eff. Aug. 30, 1999.

Sec. 543.004. NOTICE TO APPEAR REQUIRED: CERTAIN OFFENSES. (a) An officer shall issue a written notice to appear if:
(1) the offense charged is speeding or a violation of the open container law, Section 49.03, Penal Code; and
(2) the person makes a written promise to appear in court as provided by Section 543.005.
(b) If the person is a resident of or is operating a vehicle licensed in a state or country other than this state, Subsection (a) applies only as provided by Chapter 703.
(c) The offenses specified by Subsection (a) are the only offenses for which issuance of a written notice to appear is mandatory.

Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 165, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1995. Amended by Acts 1999, 76th Leg., ch. 62, Sec. 17.07, eff. Sept. 1, 1999.

Thanks for taking the time to look it up.

Looks like the guy is directed to arrest speeders for not signing tickets. There's a whole lot more assholes involved than I thought.

TRANSPORTATION CODE

CHAPTER 543.
verity_arrow_left.gif
ARREST
verity_arrow_right.gif

SUBCHAPTER A.
verity_arrow_left.gif
ARREST
verity_arrow_right.gif

Sec. 543.001.
verity_arrow_left.gif
ARREST
verity_arrow_right.gif
verity_arrow_left.gif
arrest
verity_arrow_right.gif

Sec. 543.002. PERSON
verity_arrow_left.gif
ARRESTED
verity_arrow_right.gif
verity_arrow_left.gif
arrested
verity_arrow_right.gif
(1) the person is
verity_arrow_left.gif
arrested
verity_arrow_right.gif

verity_arrow_left.gif
arrest
verity_arrow_right.gif

verity_arrow_left.gif
arrests
verity_arrow_right.gif

Thanks for taking the time to look it up.

Looks like the guy is directed to arrest speeders for not signing tickets. There's a whole lot more assholes involved than I thought.

I got no problem with the guy arresting the old lady if he had no choice in the matter even though she clearly said that she would sign the ticket. What I take issue with is him tasering her. He was in no danger and it was uncalled for.

Forum List

Back